Repeated Mistakes.... Solutions?

If you are making these mistakes on live trading, then stop please! And go for demo, and make a straightforward trading plan 1st!

I recognise that. I was wondering if it comes from a sub-conscious fear of losing and disbelief in our own strategiesā€¦

If so, a possible way forward would be to just dramatically increase the number of trades taken per week so that the positive outcomes are reinforced in the mind and there just isnā€™t time to develop alternative plays on any trade. Obviously, reduce position size to absolute minimum while going through this exercise and set a time limit for it.

2 Likes

This. Exatly what i think too.

You Make mistakes for 2 reasons:

1. You donā€™t have rules
  2. You dont follow your rules

Trading is 100% discipline

4 Likes

Yeah discipline will set you apart from most, as much as weā€™re humans and canā€™t exactly follow rules like EAs, having rules still helps as it enforces discipline and we all know what happens when you break your rules

Trading is 100% discipline, try to follow your rules

1 Like

May I know your common mistakes name please? Then I can share more specifically for sure!

1 Like

Set a target, follow a plan and you will be okay. Focus on learning instead of earning in the start. Figure out a potential profitable time frame and make your move accordingly. Making mistakes is normal, as long as you learn from it and try not to repeat it.

1 Like

If you are repeating mistakes in trading. The best solution is to pause for a moment and evaluate your own mistake and better to come up with a good strategy.

1 Like

Itā€™s best to make a note in a trading journal and refer to it and test it out in a demo account. Learning from mistakes is the only way to move further in this market.

Focus on those mistakes. In general, it takes time to create new habits even if itā€™s correcting mistakes we keep repeating.

Mistakes in trading can quickly wipe out your savings. But making the same mistakes over and over again is detrimental in both personal and professional growth. The solution is to carefully analyse the mistakes and adhere to stick rules so that you donā€™t do them again.

Rules like , pls can you explain better

Rules are just rulesā€¦ you need to follow them

It can be anything depending on your strategy:

Risk reward rulesā€¦ like if my take profit price is not at least double my stop loss, I donā€™t trade

If my stop is more than 20 pips away, I dont trade

Strategy rules, for exampleā€¦ if stochastic is over 50 I Will never buyā€¦

If the Next resistance/support level is too close, I dont trade.

You need to define your set of rules ā€¦ they must be set on stone and backtestedā€¦ if you havenā€™t found a profitable set of rules, just dont trade.

Your rules should define when you open a trade, when long, when short, when you take partials, when you take full profitā€¦ when you close your tradeā€¦ the size of your positionā€¦ Everything

1 Like

You said it all. Thereā€™s nothing I can add after this!

Repeated mistakes wonā€™t help you in gaining success. So, work on your mistakes to recover them. Otherwise, this difficulty will increase with time. It will take away your focus.

Donā€™t repeat your mistakes because if you stick to doing so, you will lose the track of success. Keep trying till the end.