Research DONE - Next Steps?

Hi everybody,

First post here so be nice :slight_smile:

I have been doing my homework for the last few months on everything trading and forex in particular. I didn’t bother with demo account or anything like that until I was fairly confident that I had the basics down regards technical analysis etc etc.

I am now at a level where I am ready to try my hand at a demo account and see how it goes from there. Situated in Europe so think a European broker would be best…any recommedations?

Charting will be the main focus of my trading as I think I will mainly be a pattern/structure based trader. I work 9-5 so I will be looking at analysing charts in the early AM putting on trades with stops returning end of day.

Is MT4 the best provider regarding charts or is there a better platform for this. I had a quick browse of MT4 and they don’t look the best if I am being honest maybe somebody could shed some light here. I also take it I need to go with a broker who can provide the charting platform also? For example I have seen some people recommending ninjatrader however it doesn’t look like many brokers support them.

Thanks

The best platform is the one you’re most comfortable with. This is what I did when I was trying to decide on platforms. List the different platforms you like, then go to utube and search for the platform tutorial. Example, MT 4 Tutorial. You can do that for each platform for sure all the most profitable. Once you’ve pick 1 or how many, go to a broker open a demo and try them out. If it were me I would not try them out on any broker I was considering that when the time is right, would be my proker. I would sign with that broker once I have my platform picked and set up a demo account exactly the way I would set up my live account (starting money, leverage and type of account) and practice; review, practice; review. Anyway that’s what would do and did.
Gp

I have never used MT4… I use trading view and I like the way their charts set up. I also use investing.com on a separate screen to get an idea of the overall market. Good luck! I am looking to start using demo soon as well.

Welcome Dublin. Firstly, good job for putting in the research first. Thats the right way to start. I cant recomend a broker since I am in the US but I highly recomend trading view as a charting/trading platform. In my opinion its hand down best software out there and has a lot more than just charting features.

Good luck. Please inform us along your journey.

I use MT4 but seeing more and more people moving over to Ctrader.

Yeah Dublin welcome and good luck with your trades :D. I bet you‘ve got enough experience over the past 3,5 years after you made your post in 2014

Ha, no foolin’. But I do wish a lot more new traders would follow his example.