Risk management strategy

I also use stop loss in all my trades. It’s like a free insurance policy where I am charged my regular commission once the stop loss is reached.

1 Like

Looks like everyone has their own reasons for using a stop loss. So, here is mine. With the help of a proper stop loss, I stay on track as there is no emotional interference which could have been a big issue for an emotional person like me.

2 Likes

That’s true. I know it’s not as easy to control your emotions as said. But stop loss really helps in getting an edge over the market. When I want to use stop loss while trading with turnkeyforex and avatrade, I use the simple formula to do my calculations and I am good to go.
Take Profit = opening price + price change in points.
Stop Loss = opening price – price change in points.

2 Likes

Hi [1010011010,
Nice binary name. Love it!

1 Like

just about to test out an EA and looking at having a min of 50% win rate but looking for single entry so no DD will feed back on how this goes.

Yes, I agree with you. I have not traded on this system but would like to try.

The one that works for you. Build one for you and you will do good.

Great post. It is possible to learn something from such informative posts.

1 Like

The one that you build for yourself on the basis of your market experience.

Risk Management is my favorite trading topic, by far. What will allow you to gain confidence in the markets? (Risk Management) What removes huge losses from the 5 possible results of a trade: Huge win, small win, breakeven, huge loss, small loss? (Risk Management) How can you start taking bigger risks to make bigger rewards without blowing up your account? (You guessed it, Risk Management!)

Know your risk:
This sounds very simple but most new traders enter a position knowing their profit potential but not their risk. This simple risk management concept could make a huge difference toward your overall monthly profits.

Know your correlation exposure:
Correlation is a word used in hedging strategies, pairs trading strategies, and statistical arbitrage, but it doesn’t mean that the concept is too complicated for a small account retail trader. Correlation exposure is the additional risk you are taking due to placing positions across like moving pairs or products (if you aren’t trading forex) in the same direction.

say you are buying S&P futures and buying DOW futures because they both qualify for an entry based on your trading plan. You risk 1% per trade, but do not take into consideration that both indices have been heavily correlated (been moving the same way) due to the markets “risk-on” bias over the past few months. You thought you took two separate trades to diversify your risk, but in reality you took one position at 2% because there is a high probability that both trades will have the same results.

Selecting one of these positions over the other helps you avoid taking on additional risk and may increase your accuracy over the long term.

Trade at specific times:
This is another over looked risk management tool. Watching the market all day, especially for new traders, will cause you to over trade. Period.

The thought of compounding your money and/or taking advantage over your edge through the law of large numbers (both very real concepts), allow new traders to over trade with confidence. By controlling when you trade and limiting the amount of time your stare at the screen, you reduce the number of unnecessary (usually losing) trades from your trade journal. (Keeping a trade journal is another risk management tool but I feel my response is already getting too lengthy, haha.)

There is a lot to say about such a topic and I did my best to keep it from being too much all at once. Please reach out if anyone has any questions on the matter and I would be interested in giving a further explanation.

1 Like

2% risk management strategy works for almost everyone. It’s very effective.

Yes, it is easier to get green pips by trading at 2% risk.

Hi,

You should be looking for risk management rules and not really a strategy.

Trading is like running a business. And the only thing we can control in trading is how much we a re willing to lose.

So you need to figure out what you are comfortable with losing.

You need 2 things:

1. How much are you willing to risk per trade?

2. How much are you willing to lose per day & week? (Max daily & Max weekly loss)

Some people use a fixed % per trade and some use a fixed $ amount per trade.

Choose what works for you and keep doing it.

Trading is all about having a proper trading system with rules that you follow blindly.

Hope this helps

HorusFX Capital

Don’t risk your money if you are not sure about what you are doing.

It will solve your problems

I do think that it mainly depends on the position and instrument which you choose to trade, and of course the time of your trading. Risk management implies not only the percentage of your deposit which you can use in the particular case, but also it implies other conditions which I stated above. So, risk management strategy must be diversified. If you’re confident that the price on eurusd will go high and you made such conclusion due to thorough technical analysis then you’re able to bet 5% for example of your deposit. However it’s more dicey that a fixed percentage of your deposit. Nevertheless, I believe that it should be 2-5% of the deposit.

Proper evaluation and strategic direction from the crisis management team only can be helpful to manage all risk factors for a business firm.

Start with the minimum lotsize with your strategy at a specific account type and leverage then gradually increase as you go. Discover the highest lotsize comfortable to you.

It is very important that the trader chooses a strategy that would allow him to work with low risk. Otherwise, there is a risk of loss.