Rob Booker Training

And there you have it, definitive proof that the guy isnt a trader.

ā€œCaveat emptor - let the buyer beware.ā€

As traders and as adults we should always keep that in mind.

iā€™ve just been watching this vid by brooker on this so called ā€˜zen tradingā€™ robbooker.com/postcards2/?p=3180"

i have to admit that his anarchist perspective on trading (i.e throwing away all indicators and previous knowledge) was entertaining to listening to at firstā€¦
but then it stoppedā€¦ no system whatsoever, I was hoping it was going to be similar to the cat and mouse system, as described here on babypips.

@nytramas and fleeced_by_booker: thanks a lot for those weighted comments!

Yep - I have to agree. I know because when I first got into forex I was naive enough to think that most people were honest and he was the first ā€œmentorā€ that I signed up with and I assumed that he would be a great teacher. I did the whole ball of wax - paid $1,500 for 1 on 1(which is not 1 on 1 by the way, if you donā€™t believe me feel free to pay him and find out for yourself) and then paid him $2,000 for a 1 week live seminar. Now years later, with what I know now, I donā€™t think he really knows much about trading - if he did I would think he would have shown us in the seminar. I think he is a great marketer and he knows how to self promote himself and has done very well for himself. Think about it logically - if he could make alot of money trading, then why would he choose to be away from his family every other week to do these seminars? But again, donā€™t take my word for it. Go pay him $2,000 for a seminar and judge for yourself.

Rob taught me In May 2010 He charged me $2000
He taught us four methods

Monday Accelerator
Pivot to Pivot
Vortex
Fib Trading

He made a combined group of April , May, June 2010 and all of us started
posting messages ( I guess we were a group of 80 students)

slowly but surely people started losing money including myself

His methods can be customised in multiple ways
Why do I have to customise thingsā€¦and fine tune it.
This is not a subway sandwitch
Give us a method that works.
But that is the escape route which Rob uses.

Hence Rob can easily escape sayingā€¦You did not do a good job

Rob conducts a $2000 Course and a $10,000 course and a $40,000 course

He teaches different methods to different people and does not follow his own teachings. He does something entirely different.

His personal methodology (I guess) is to place trades without a stop loss
and most of his trades close out with profit naturallyā€¦But that is dangerous ā€¦so I do not want to even try the no stop loss technique.

Rob Bookerā€™s methods are not being followed by any of his recent students who have been burnt financially big time.

Ultimately he saysā€¦You the student are at fault.
I do not know how 80 students can be wrongā€¦

Have fun !!!

I think forexmentor has the best quality education for a reasonable price.

But what good is a training that results in a loss ?
Are 80 people wrong ???

Does Rob Bookerā€™s methods work or they are a pure and simple
snake oil ?

I do not care about the money I paid to Rob or purchase of Forex tester
or even the time spent.
Why should Rob teach something that does not work.

People have lost a lot of money trading his techniques.

Hoaxsy Doodle! :eek:

Why not, people buy it :smiley:

I believe Robā€™s now a registered CTA so his performance is a matter of public record.

Who says that Govt can monitor Rob Bookerā€¦?
Govt only asks for a transcript of his teachingsā€¦and no-one can prove or disprove any method that is taughtā€¦
The only way you will realise that his methods work or do not work is to follow the group of people who learnt his methodsā€¦His methods which he taught us in the $2000 course suckā€¦A group of 90 + people (April May and June 2010) are not fools who have completely given up on his methodsā€¦
Go with the numbers my friendā€¦and dont be fooled by
Government will monitor Rob !!!
Recently Government made rules to protect the Credit card clients and stopped many bad practicesā€¦Yesā€¦Barnie Frank and Dodd or Todd or who soever it is made some big changesā€¦
What happenedā€¦they left a big glaring loophole and Credit card industry used that loophole and interest rates have risen to a big whopping 59 percent APRā€¦Government sucksā€¦bot Republicans and Dems ā€¦both suck
When has government been successfull in stopping scammers ?

The government dont give a flying **** about who gets scammed.

The point is robs now a registered CTA so you get to see if he can walk the walk. Most people stupid enough to pay Rob Booker $2000 for a course are probably far to stupid to do even the simplest due dilligence so its probably irrelevant anyway.

Why would anyone who traded for a living need to take 2K from someone ? thats rightā€¦ they wouldnt.

Simbafx,

You do not see the big picture
Last year Rob made nearly half a million dollars from education
why are you looking at $2K
Dont you realise he conducted the same $2K and scammed more than 200 people last year and collected $400K from them ???
and conducted other big courses and made more than $500K from them.
This is a conservative estimate.

He is a snake oil salesmanā€¦His systems dont work
and the main thing is He also knows itā€¦but he intentionally sells his snake oil with the enormous Oily charm of a snake oil salesman

babypips may not be the bigest thing YET since sliced bread but its certainly the bigest thing since face book .this site is simply the 20first century goldmine .and all that for free. they say THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FOR FREE. I now know what they mean $2000 is a lot of hard earned money .but hey SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPEC SAVERS and seen babypips earlier .I have canceled my account on facebook and devoted my life to babypips LOVE U BABYPIPS THANKS:):slight_smile:

So what ? If thereā€™s a demand for his product why shouldnt people buy it ?

Even if you only learned that you cant buy someone elseā€™s experience then it 2K well spent.

That would be the most positive way to look at it. A lesson was learned, even if it wasnā€™t what you thought you were paying for.

Although, 5 minutes doing google searches on forex forums and you could have just come to babypips and get an education for free and also have numerous resources at your disposal. Not to mention a good number of real people to bounce ideas off of.

Heck, I should be paying to be a member of this forum.

I am new to all this and want to know where to go to get CTA information on Rob. I admit that I am interested in what he has to say but think that I should get some information first. Seems to me if there are folks out there willing to pay him all this money for training that there should be something of value there. My research, limited as it is, shows that he has been around a while and talks at a lot of the trade shows does webinars and things like that. That being said I still cannot wrap my head around the idea that someone would sell something so valuable for so little. I know Warren Buffett gave a lot of money to the gates foundation but I am not sure that he is going to let me in on some of the berkshire farms strategy meetings. Any how, it would be nice to get the CTA info if anyone can help. Thanks

Rob Bookerā€™s ā€œAdventures of a Currency Traderā€ I have taken note of this title, might give me some help, Iā€™m learning, trying to read all that might really help! Iā€™ve read exchanges of replies and taken some notes. Iā€™ll do my readings and searchings and will be back to learn more!

I agree with you to a point, but as a rookie using google to find free resources to learn Forex trading you are exposed to a lot of junk as well as a lot of good stuff. Even on here, it is hard to separate the wheat from the chaff - the only real ways to form any opinion on a posterā€™s skill/experience level is by their post count or any trade results they post. The problems with that are that one can talk nonsense for months, get to 1000 posts and appear very experienced, and with the posting of trades when this happens it is often after the trade has played out, so there is no way to know whether it was genuine. So while I am certain that there are some excellent traders on here sharing their opinions, I am equally certain that there are a few with high post counts who talk the talk but are not quite as strong as they present themselves. Which is fine, it is all part of lifeā€™s rich tapestry, and there are things to learn from most posts on here, even the bad ones. I have 150 posts myself, but have no way to post anything that proves I am not a complete idiot when it comes to Forex trading.

But my point is that no free resource found over the internet with little context is going to give a new trader something that they should immediately feel confident in, you can be led up the garden path by anything. So some people will turn to a training course as they feel that it gives them greater context, progression of learning, an ability to ask questions about a specific strategy from someone who teaches that strategy professionally, the ability to verify results, the opportunity to compare notes with other students in exactly the same situation and, perhaps most importantly, the opportunity to form a personal opinion on the person/people responsible for giving the tuition, a ā€˜do I trust and like this personā€™ test. So I think that it is overly simplistic when people knock structured training courses as much of the content is available in a range of different places for free on the internet.

(Some caveats: 1) fihunts, I know that you were not dismissing training courses per se, I just thought these generic points might balance the thread a little; 2) I had never heard of Rob Booker before this thread and still know nothing about him other than what has been said here; 3) I have been on a training course, just not Rob Bookerā€™s (During which and during subsequent coaching I have seen verified results, watching the trainers trade live - very reassuring to see Forex working!)

you can get the basic details of his cta registration from the nfa

BASIC Search

Its probaby just easier to ask him directly.

I have never heard of this guy before this and with so many negative testimonies, I believe he is bad news, and the more reasons to be disciplined and come here to (and a few other places) to learn about forex.

The advent of the internet has given everybody the prospect to gain information which were once ā€˜expensive and well guarded secretsā€™ that transforms personal lives (and fortunes in this case), which everybody with discipline should take advantage of.

Yet somehow most people end up on facebookā€¦