Rob Booker Training

Exactly where was Simba defending Rob’s systems?

I understood it to mean that people get what they pay for to an extent. And if they pay too much, they usually never get their money’s worth.

I went to High School with Rob Booker.

I sat behind him in Industrial Arts class when I was a Sophomore and he was a Senior.

One day I was evesdropping on one of his conversations with some kid that was wearing a Metallica “And Justice For All” black t-shirt. I heard him asking this kid if he thought his parents would be interested in some kind of investment scheme he had goin’.

I didn’t hear the full converstion cuzz the bell rang and I had to put away all my drafting pencils and protractors and what-not. What I did hear was somethin about some sort of “Ocean Front Property in Arizona”.

I’ve come to the conclusion that most people simply cannot be helped, in fact they are more likely to self sabotage. I actually pointed out that Rob is a CTA, and that his trading performance is a matter of public record. All these people had to do to see if he walked the walk is make a phone call.

Interestingly enough Rob did a seminar on traders laboratory a couple of weeks ago (which whilst containing nothing of value from trading perspective is at least funny if nothing else) IIRC In that seminar he jokes describing himself as “an unprofitable trader”, from which you can only really conclude that his performance as a CTA is below that which he previously claimed.

Looking for a metor is a phase we all go through, Robs no worse than most, and at least he’s funny, and not that expensive, and they might actually learn something even if its not what they wanted to learn. I might eloborate on that later but I’m popping out to sit in the sun for a couple of hours :slight_smile:

Rob Booker (William R Booker ) made 600 K selling crap in the last year
He is very engaging and mesmerizing…like a very experienced Snake Oil Salesman
What I am having a hard time understanding is …
Rob Booker knows he is selling stuff that does not work but still he goes ahead and sells his methods/systems.

Why ? Why ? Why?
In the bargain he goes on duping people and making money and also the students keep losing money…

Yes…that is the correct definition of a Snake Oil Salesman

But tell me mistermister…I am curious how much did You pay for the 1 on 1 training ?

money, money, money lol.

I could add something a touch controversial and say that everyone knows the lure of forex, and to a greedy lazy person with some extra cash, this is too much to resist.

UMMM…I am not referring to the student when I made the statement “WHY WHY WHY”

I am referring to ROB (William R) Booker

WHY WHY WHY does he sell something that he knows for sure DOES NOT WORK !!!

perhaps he is a conman ?

Hilarious, thank you for that!

Well Mike…You used the phrase Conman
I use a more refined word…Snake Oil Salesman

LOL !!! ROTFL !!!

lol, glad to be of comic potential :slight_smile:

You’re answering your own questions here. Let me help you out.

If it helps one out of ten, he can claim success. And that’s about the odds of succeeding in forex anyway, so he’s well within industry standards:p

the subject of this thread is a strongly recurring theme in the forex forums. The sharks out there swimming around, waiting for the little fish to jump into this vast sea of “easy” cash tail fin first . . . . Thing is, most of these little fishes dont want to here the good advice from what I can see.

Because there’s a market, and its what his customers want. They wouldnt buy it otherwise would they ?

Simbafx
Do You really think Rob (William R) Booker’s customers want to buy something which does not work ???

He gives them exactly what they want, and thats why they buy it !

His customers dont have a clue what they want or need.

So…SimbaFX…You agree that ROB (William R) Booker is a snake oil salesman selling people something that does not work ?

uuuummmm… that was about two years ago, so I don’t exactly remember but it was somewhere around the tune of $800 - $900.

Also, there was the two day seminar in Salt Lake City and that was a couple of hundered bucks as well (not including hotel and airfare).

I don’t feel bitter or angry or disgruntled or anything like that. I’m just a firm believer that information is power.

mistermister

Rob (William R) Booker is currently charging $5000 per day for one on one training

You were lucky to pay only $800 - $900
He charges $10K for his super FXTA course.
He charges $2000 for his FXTA course which is by webinar

He has made more than $600K in the last year selling crap.

WOW!!!

I think I have to go vomit.

If memory serves me correctly, way back in 2002 Rob Booker used to sell something which he termed “Daily Levels”. IIRC the cost was $39 for 3 months (with discounts for longer periods). Back then I was considering making the transition to full time trader, and checking out various mentors etc, so I happily sent Rob my $39.

Each day Rob sent me 2 price levels by email. He didnt tell me how the levels where calculated, or even what I should do with the levels, I was left wondering if the levels should be used as a breakout system, should I buy above the upper level ?, should I sell below the lower level ?, or should the levels be used as support and resistance, should I look for bounces from the levels ? should they be used as stops or targets ?

Every day for 3 months Rob sent the levels (and for all I know he might have been generating them at random because I was never able to find anything useful to do with em)

I spent 3 months trying to work out how to use these dammed things, and what they might represent, where they previous swing highs and lows, fibs ? pivots ?, murry maths ? I really have no idea. My subscription expired and I signed up for another 6 months worth, and spent another 6 months banging my head against the wall.

Rob took a hundred bucks from me, sent me some emails, and the odd joke, answered a couple of dumb questions with equally dumb answers and I “wasted” 9 months of my life trying to make sense of this nonsense.

So did Rob Booker play any part in my success ? I’d say that the answer is a resounding yes, although anyone could have done exactly the same just by sending me two levels at random each day. Rob provided something to focus my research on, the fact that it was nonsense didnt really matter. It could have been a moving average cross, or any TA based system.

I have no idea if Rob can trade or not, maybe he’s had a degree of success in the past either by good luck or good judgement, I really dont know. He does have some insights that are beneficial. I’d say he was practically clueless when it comes to technical analysis and much of his advice is regurgitated platitudes and just plain wrong, but he comes across as someone who has at least spent some time backtesting ideas, and trying out a bunch of stuff.

It takes balls to put your reputation on the line as a CTA and Rob certainly has my respect for that. Only Rob Booker knows if this is a deliberate con, maybe he got lucky and deluded himself he had something to offer, maybe he developed a genuine edge that worked for a while and no longer works, maybe things will turn out fine and he’ll get his mojo back.

One thing I will say is that most new traders have very unrealitic expectations of what a good track record looks like. It’s often quite educational to check out the public records of some of the legends in this industry.