Rob Grespi & his insider information

Whether you like him or hate him, Rob Grespi offers “insider information on GBP/USD bids and offers”. I quote that from the website where he posts this information because I do not know if his information is credible or not. The reason why? I am new and I do not have the foggiest idea what he is talking about. :rolleyes:

This is driving me crazy and I need for someone to please just translate this for me. This information is OLD by the way so DO NOT try to trade it.

rob grespi: GU: bids 40 L bow 20 size and 2.0280 size. Option 1

gu: offers 70/80s size break of which 2.0400 size. Option 2

(BOW=Break Of Which)

TRANSLATION?
TIA

Who is Rob Grespi? :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is info about him. Click here.

Rob is able to “see” the levels of market bids and offers (in this case GBP / USD) through a feed he gets, usually only available to institutions, banks etc. This is telling you that there is a layer of bids at 2.0340 (“people” willing to buy � / sell $ at this price - i think i got that the right way round!). If these bids are eaten up i.e. no one else willing to buy � or sell $ at this price then the next sizeable layer of bids is at 2.0320, then 2.0280. You can expect these levels to act as layers of support, so price will / may retrace from them. The opposite for the offers (“people” willing to sell � / buy $ - again…!) - so expect these levels to act as areas of resistance.

Keep an eye on the levels he gives through the day and see if you can spot how these areas do act as areas of support / resistance. On their own they aren’t useable, but can act as an extra piece of a system.

Hope it made sense…

I’d like a translation too.

I found that site from forexbastards

999.00 a month seems pretty step!

That isn’t what this topic is about :wink:

All I can say is WOW. You seem to have a pretty good handle on this! I am trying to catch up.

GU = GBP/USD :o
BOW = Break Of Which = support and resistance
His 1st line says “bids” = buy/go long
His 2nd line says “offers” = sell/short

What I still am not seeing is how you understand his #'s.

When you look at:
40 L bow 20 size and 2.0280 size
Can you put this another way? Maybe it’s just because I am kind of new to this game, but I don’t understand the rules yet. :frowning:
40 long break of which 20 size and 2.0280 size
When you looked at 2.0280 is that why you went… awww I don’t get it.

Same with the:
70/80s size break of which 2.0400 size

I would like to start watching for these on my demo account and follow along with him.

shandy, you have shed some light already on this newbie mystery, thank you!

P.S. Don’t worry. I am not putting my forex education or trading in this gentleman’s hands. I am soaking up as many different points of view as I am coming across and will find a way to trade that suits [U]me[/U]. :slight_smile:

i used to watch these videos and then compare them to the gbpusd chart for that day, it was accurate quite often.

its simple to know where support and resistance layers are.
whole levels: 1.3400
fifty levels : 1.3450

FOREX is a big mystery sometimes

Just trying to weed through : The good, the Bad and the ugly
not everything is always what it seems inside the MATRIX

I do like Felix’s daily youtube shots - Trading on News

sorry…Happy Hunting!

“Wisdom can’t be taught or bought,so says the pennyless man”

No problem. :wink: What the topic of this thread is about is an area of Felix’s/Rob’s Secret Forex Society where I think you have to be invited to join. I don’t recall how I got there now :o

it is also said that fxcm provides bid/offer layers on their order board. they also suggest if the bid/offers r light medium or strong, or to buy/sell bounce/break. u dont have to open a live account with them. it is also available on their demo. my demo has expired there so i have to go and renew it. so i havent used that service for some time. hope its still there.

[QUOTE=Indigo;15892]
What I still am not seeing is how you understand his #'s.

When you look at:
40 L bow 20 size and 2.0280 size
Can you put this another way? Maybe it’s just because I am kind of new to this game, but I don’t understand the rules yet. :frowning:
40 long break of which 20 size and 2.0280 size
When you looked at 2.0280 is that why you went… awww I don’t get it.

Same with the:
70/80s size break of which 2.0400 size

Another way - If price breaks 2.0340 the next significant layer of bids is at 2.0320 which has sizeable bids so should be pretty solid and hard to “crack” i.e. a good level of support, and then 2.0280 which also has sizeable bids.

2.0370/80 is the first level of significant offers - if this level is broken 2.0400 has sizeable offers so should act as solid resistance.

Make more sense?