Ron from the ZAR

Hi all at BabyPips.

Ive recently started my tutoring at Pipsology. Very new to trading and very interested.

Im about half way through my school work, and feel ive grasped the trading concept pretty well. I am from South Africa, am 37 years old and looking at FX to build wealth and a new direction in life. So far my demo account with Trade Interceptor is looking pretty healthy after just a few trade this morning.

Just happy to be part of the community and excited to share experiences and information.

3 Likes

Welcome to the site Ron, I hope your trading goes well.

What are the very best things about life in SA?

That is a very broad question tommor.

Life in SA is amazing. Weather is great. Major cities attract many tourists.

Wildlife goes without saying. But the people are one of the best things about SA life. Yes, there are negatives in the country like all countries. But overall 1st world food, tourists attractions and services.

Fine answers Ron. Weather definitely is important - one of the main reasons British leave the UK. Weather allows enjoyment of a lot of the scenery and sites - it would be great to witness some of the planet’s great wildernesses, forests, jungles, rivers and plains - but who wants to be sucked dry by mosquitoes day and night?

Good food, good people - priceless.

No BUT mate.

Mosquitos…for real…? No mozzies here. Summer a bit here and there.but seriously nothing too make me want to live in the UK again.

1 Like

Hi all!
I am Grant, a part of the new cohort at BabyPips.
Event Manager by profession based in the beautiful city of Jacksonville, Florida.
Its my day 3 of learning trading and I must say I love it. Really appreciate the content, simple and fun!
My progress with the lessons are going good and just set up a demo account with Osprey FX. So far so good, I must say.
Its a great pleasure to be a part of this community and will surely be keeping in touch for recommendations and advises.
Cheers!

4 Likes

Great stuff @Ron1982 youl’ll find that babypips.com is an endless stream of information! Good luck!!

Welcome to bp @Ron1982! How long do you plan to trade on demo? :blush:

Hello Grant! Welcome to bp. Wow it’s good that you opened a demo right away. What I did was finish the school first and then trade demo. I feel like my studies would have been better if I was able to see how things go while learning instead of just imagining it. :blush:

1 Like

Hello @CoinLady, thank you so much for the welcome. I completely agree with you. It’s just that I got a little bit excited and tried the demo. Well, It’s hard to understand the real-life scenarios but I think I am getting a bit familiar with forex orders. Like I am able to practice some order types. Do you think studying and using the demo simultaneously would be a better option or should I just stick to the course for now?

2 Likes

Hi Ron,

Welcome to BabyPips.

Lots to learn and many lots to learn after that as well.

Hi CoinLady.
Thank you for the welcome.

Ive not made any set decisions on that. I think i want to try out the demo for at least a month or so. get through my lessons, and trade as I go along. So far ive had some beginners luck on the demo trading account and coined a few $$$.

How long have you been trading and what kind of trades are working for you?

As i am going, my strategy off the bat, would be to make loads of small trades with tight spreads and take small profits whilst I grow my trading account.

So closing positions with $1 ad $2 profits, which i plan to build up. Hoping to profit about $40-$50 a day.

1 Like

Hello Ron! Nice start for you. Looks like you have a good trading strategy. Happy learning!

Hello and welcome, Grant! I completely agree with you. I’m also enjoying the content here. Good luck with the School!

1 Like

@chimmyfx Thank you so much, happy learning!

IMO it’s better to do the school and practice trading at the same time. That’s what I wish I would have done while going through the school before. :blush:

1 Like

@CoinLady Yeah, really helps in conceptualizing.

1 Like