Rubber Band Trade

Ya, I guess it is an area, more so than an exact number. Will take it in demo for now.

Where would you put your tp? Around 95.43 and 94.50?

NZDCADā€¦

On my charts the 50 ma is flat.

Whats interesting about this one is that there is a potential entry of about 50odd pips risk.

The line is about 100 away - slightly better R/R.

Downside is the indecision candle printed is not ā€˜compellingā€™

Yeah, using 94.5.

I donā€™t trade indecision candles. As expected they only work about half the time.

The gbpaud sell for about 190 pips and the audcad buy for about 90 pips or so.

GBPAUD

AUDCAD

Good Luck

Hi all,

Potential trade NZDCHF Wkly? SMA looks flat to down, key area.

Just pick the right signal to enter the trade, make pips keep pips

I dont think thats a good idea, because in daily chart you can see 50ma strongly angled to top. Keep eye on AUD/CAD, there will be long for 150-200 pips. :wink:

AUD/CAD H4 is very strongly angled down. I think Iā€™d have to see price close above the 50 MA on the H4 chart before I considered longing on the Daily.

Aud/cad 50sma on the daily looks flat enough to correct a spirit level! Now what lol :slight_smile:

I am going to wait until some nice PA forms at the key support area and VBRN of 1ā€¦ Which also happens to be at the FIB 61.8 levelā€¦

@ rjmah319 - Great thread.

For anyone interested in more Dr Barry Burns I know of a dumping ground of free (authorised) material.

Donā€™t want to post a link but PM me if interested.

Keep an eye on USD/TRY over the next couple daysā€¦

Shorting will provide a nice carry trade. So if the Rubber Band entry presents, it may be worthwhile to attempt to turn it into a long-term position.

I cannot believe that this thread went dead. Must be that rubberband trading did not work out for all.

Apparently the method presents a potential 0-2 trades a week, thread is not going to be very busy.

Exactly. The thread isnā€™t dead, just dormant.

Iā€™ve had 3 Rubber Band trades in May, all winners. And I missed one when I couldnā€™t check my charts towards the end of last week, which also turned out to be a win. So itā€™s true that we see about 1 per week on average.

Just found this thread and started to use the strategy immediately (today). Please let me if i am on the money with this one? Image attached. If not, shoot me with your rubber bandsā€¦

Iā€™m not an expert in rubber band but it looks like you just bought near top to me.

I am maybe not understanding you 100%, but you mean you agree that this is a potential good rubber band trade entry? (and you are also in on this trade?)

Sell at the top, buy at the bottom, not the other way round, I think itā€™s already made itā€™s move as defined by the method.

No, itā€™s too late. The trade already played out. That was the one I was talking about missing last week.

You should have entered here, after the pin bar formed.