Rubber Band Trade

plans for the next week-

NZDCAD getting warmed up (:

gonna look for a falsebreak on that level and take it short.

Hi Yoel, Iā€™m curious how that second trade will work, as the price already reverted to the mean.

Yes. The very best RB Trades are when the 50 line is angled in the direction of the trade. Entry of course is the toughest part. I have found that when you get into a RB Trade when the 50 is angled in the direction of the trade that the price blows right through the 50 line.
I try to only get into trades when the price is pretty far from the 50 line, maybe 80 pips or more. I do take flat line trades as well. I am currently in the audjpy sell trade. I got in not quite at resistance .

Finding the right support and resistance levels or zones and PA is crucial.
Patience is critical.

About 83 pips to the line. Wait and try to get the resistance level right and see what the 50 line does in the next few days.

The CADCHF may turn into a great RB Trade. It has been in a big down trend since Aug 2012 and is now 170+ pips above the 50 line. That down trend should continue . It may head back down to .8000
Current price is .8300.
Watch the 50 line and be patient and wait for the line to tell you it is ready. Use PA to enter and let it go.

This one may take a while to be ready. But it will be a good trade.

Hi Jadd, youā€™re right, but if something like this forms:

and the slope will not change too much in my opinion it will be valid

Rubber Band 2.0 System | Myfxbook
My scalping adventures led to a small gain. But I killed my perfect win rate. :frowning:

Honestly in terms of ROI for time invested the Rubber Band Method is exponentially higher. Staring at charts for 4 hours a day waiting for scalps isnā€™t really my idea of fun, lol.

My back-testing has so far indicated excellent results in trying to find a method with which to get an earlier, tighter entry on the Daily chart. The R:R has increased to 1:2 or 1:3 for most trades, and the win rate is only slightly lowered. Which lends to a higher positive expectancy. There is no more price action.

Iā€™m confident enough to risk 20% or more of my account per trade. So you guys will either watch me sail to success, or explode spectacularly in the coming weeks. Either way it will be fun.

If my live forward-testing results are anything to write home about, I will share the details of the Rubber Band System 2.0 with you guys.

Anyone see the WEEKLY Silver as an opportunity?

Jadd,

Good day, how is the Rb system treating you in comparison to PA?

Well the original RB system that everyone is trading here uses PA. It still treats me much better than plain old PA though.

My ā€œRubber Band 2.0ā€ as I have come to call it uses no PA, and uses other methods for entry. But Iā€™ve only done back-testing on it, which was my big project this weekend. Iā€™m just starting the live forward-testing phase now.

I see no reason why my forward-test results would be any different than the back-test, but I donā€™t want to lead anybody down the wrong path so I will let the results speak for themselves first.

Do you see an long-entry on the Silver-USD weekly??

Potentially, but the R:R looks to be less than 1:1 so I would not take it. I couldnā€™t even if I wanted to, since Iā€™m a U.S. resident and banned from trading CFDā€™s.

Also, the Daily looks to be setting up for a short, so we have conflicting signals:

Futures, ETFs, Forex.com, Physicalā€¦tons of ways to trade PMā€™s without using a conventional FX brokerā€¦

I know. TBH I get enough trading opportunities with the 30 some-odd currency pairs I watch, so Iā€™m not too bummed about missing out on metals that it would make me want to go open up a separate futures account with another broker.

Ya, I agree, short on the daily, hence my hesitationā€¦ Unless the MA starts turning upā€¦
I have taken the weekly, to see if this strategy works on that timeframe. However not sure how long youā€™d have to be in a trade for, probably a month, so not really worth it in the end, especially with the interest chargesā€¦

[QUOTE=ā€œjadd806;635907ā€] Well the original RB system that everyone is trading here uses PA. It still treats me much better than plain old PA though. My ā€œRubber Band 2.0ā€ as I have come to call it uses no PA, and uses other methods for entry. But Iā€™ve only done back-testing on it, which was my big project this weekend. Iā€™m just starting the live forward-testing phase now. I see no reason why my forward-test results would be any different than the back-test, but I donā€™t want to lead anybody down the wrong path so I will let the results speak for themselves first.[/QUOTE]

Hey Jadd, which other methods are you using in addition to PA in your system?

Btw, Iā€™ve shorted NZD/JPY

Good solid gains , I will be curious to see your new entry methods. I use PA when it is there , but mostly I just use daily chart support and resistance levels. Basically just range trading the daily chart with signals from the 50 line. As we have talked about in past posts here.

Yes, looking forward to seeing a new entry method other than PA! :slight_smile:

Hope to see the outcome of your forward testing of whatever entry method youā€™re using! Goodluck Jadd and good on you!

Roni