RULES + Welcome to the Introduce Yourself forum

Hi
Thank you Dr. Pipslow for your kind invitation and introductions.
My Names are Carlos Kipija . i live in the city of Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania , in the East Africa. I have wish to become a successful FX trader.
I hope this forum will provide me with answers to my many questions.

Cheers!

Hi there!

I am Jacquelyne. I am a complete newbie to trading. Iā€™ve just created an account. I am 32 and in the USA. Iā€™m looking forward to learning this new skill!!

Hello everyone,

My name is Roman.
I have been experimenting with trading for almost 10 years. I worked in several Forex brokerages, and I am here to help the ā€œnewbiesā€ with basic questions regarding MT4 and trading in general. I am also interested in having discussions with like minded people.

P.S: I have been using babypips for the last two years and it helps new traders a lot in explaining how things work so I decided to finally register here :slight_smile:

Hi traders. My name is wini ,Iā€™m from South Africa. Iā€™ve got no background when it comes to trading. I hope Iā€™ll learn everything from this forum how to trade.

Hi everybody,

Iā€™m joe from Paris. Iā€™m learning forex since April 2016. I thought i could live trading fast butā€¦ real life remained me that itā€™s not wonderlandā€¦ anyway. I tryied live trading with a small account of 150$. i lost it tyhe same dayā€¦ i was too excitedā€¦ 1 month after i tryied again. same amount. I came from 150$ to 450$ in 3 weeks. i get confident and i put bigger lot on trade. i was busy because of opening a shop in paris ( graffiti shop ) and i didnā€™t manage my tradesā€¦ you know what came afterā€¦looooooooossssssesā€¦ everythingā€¦ So! i came here to make my strategie better. i begun from the first lesson. It was kind of boring to read (again) what i thaught i knewā€¦ but noā€¦ i learned some basics things too. here is my story. i donā€™t want to pay scammers for ā€œteachingā€ me what i can find for free on BabyPips. You guys provide so gooooood content and advicesā€¦ Now iā€™m building a Real strategie. Stickin with it for a while. Back test. Demo. Small live account. And then. Real live account. working on it everyday. Thereā€™s no secret. If you want to be profitable in forex you have to work a looooooot and hard. Thanks a lot to BabyPips Team. You guys are awesome. Peace

A better outcome, [I]per se[/I], of course, but please excuse my mentioning that itā€™s still indicative of someone trading without yet having learned the skill of appropriate [U]position-sizing[/U].

[U]Longer, slower, very beneficial way of acquiring that skill[/U]: read carefully the book [I]Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom[/I] by Van K. Tharp (without letting the sensationalised title put you off an outstanding and very helpful read) - you might find a PDF copy of the book floating around online, if you look.

[U]Short, fast, less beneficial way of acquiring that skill[/U]: adopt a hard-and-fast rule that under no circumstances will you ever expose more than 1% of your account-total to risk in any individual trade, for at least one year from today.

[U]Additional suggestion[/U]: do your theory learning [B]before[/B] trading on a demo account for several months (screen-time is comparatively wasted without a theoretical knowledge-base, and the difference between someone who has a yearā€™s experience and someone who has a weekā€™s experience repeated 50 times over is that the first person learned the theory [B][U]first[/U][/B]), and do that [B]before[/B] trading with real money.

[U]Key concept[/U]: donā€™t allow yourself to be led to believe (by comments in forums or anywhere else) that ā€œitā€™s a practical skill that you can only acquire with practice and therefore the sooner you start to practice, the betterā€: thatā€™s the way to the poor-house where the other 97% of aspiring traders live! :58:

And good luck, and welcome to the forum. :cool:

Yup, theory very important for beginner.
Need to get it right 1st. Focus on one method and style.
Slowly very slowly. Increase the repertoire of strategy. Eventually go MMA and invent your style.

This is absoslutely key.

Itā€™s sad to see in forums, sometimes, that people can have a method thatā€™s quite soundly based and with some real potential, but because they lose their first few trades they veer away from it and try something completely different before monitoring it over a statistically significant number of trades or backtesting it properly. And then they can end up trading something pretty bad that just happened randomly to produce a few fast winners.

Things take time to assess.

Chopping and changing your methods all the time is another way to that poor-house, Iā€™m afraid.

Hello everyone my name is Tyler. I look forward to making friends and trading friends. Iā€™m on a mission!

You wrote this post when you are 16 year old now i wait anticipate to know how is your experience in forex trading.

I feel so ā€˜rookieā€™ looking at the experienced members in here but well,you gotta start somewhere.Hopefully itā€™ll be a pleasant experience in here and even more importantly an enriching one.

This is Vijay from India.Good day to all.

Good day to all of you! definitely so excited to engage with this group! Good day from NYC

I feel you bro haha:)

Cheers mateā€¦i kinda feel at home with that reply back,sorta like ā€˜breaking the iceā€™.
Spending a lotta time at ā€˜Newbie Islandā€™ sectionā€¦though i have a very shallow idea
about all the technical stuff that goes into trading,i donā€™t even know where should i
start given the size of the resources available in here,itā€™s like all the oceans have
come together.

Probably will stick with thread likes ā€˜trendlinesā€™ to begin with.Good luck and belated
ā€™Thanksgiving Dayā€™ wishes to you and your family from India.:slight_smile:

Hello

Iā€™m Naren Raj & Iā€™m proud to say Iā€™m from INDIA. I have been trading forex successfully since 8 years. baby pips are the one site I use for any reference, i also like babypips mostly because of graphic representation which makes any dry subject interesting and make feel easy.

Its ok to feel Rookie, any expert and master was a rookie once. Welcome to the real world of trading. :slight_smile:

it is so great to start trading!
Glad to coming back.

Hi,
Iā€™m Fordjourfx from Accra, Ghana. I got here after searching for forex tutorials and I must say itā€™s been an interesting journey here. Thanks for babypips, I foresee a brighter future in my quest to achieve financial freedom and also lend helping hand to my society. It feels great to be in the midst of like-minded people (though we may have different goals) and thank you for the space to introduce myself.

I am here to learn, look for a mentor, and start a new life of forex trading. Thanks so much.
God bless. :smiley: :slight_smile:

This so intruiging I love it.

Hello, Iā€™m carlos from Costa Rica.

been learning about forex since a friend of mine joined wealth generators a while back, the guy now seems to be doing pretty good, he also turned himself into an speaker and kind of FX celebrity (i think that is part of how he sells his product).

Im looking forward to learn more about forex, i do reasonably well with my demo account (500USD profit about a month - i try to trade just like i would in my live acount). The thing is, i have no formal education about why to do thingsā€¦ it might be just luck, and i want to reduce the luck and replace it with education so i can reduce future risks.

Also, is there anyone from Costa Rica? im looking for a place to get together, learn and trade.

Regards,
-MC-