SCALP TRADING starting capital

what is the most ideal capital to start with when scalp trading? some say 10-20 USD or equivalent. some say higher. what are your thoughts and expericnes?

Scalping is very risky. However the answer to that question would depend a lot on lot size.

If you are trading micro lots then you could set up an account for about $1000 to $2000.

If you are trading a mini account then I would say you should have about $10,000 and for an account that is a standard account then I would say you would need at least a $50,000 account.

That way you can be trading numerous pair without risking a margin call.

Just my opinion.

Cheers

Blackduck

$500 - $1,000 is what I recommend. You can’t do anything with 10 bucks, well you can, but why would you want to do that? lol

its a tough question which amount is appropriate for scalping that brings profit in a short time. generally i think $250 is really good enough if you have minimum knowledge.

i agree, good starting amount for scalp trading.

that would take some patience but yes i guess could work

Just think of % gain. If you do well and consistently make pips over a period of time. Then you’ll know the strategy works so you can add a bit more to the account then do it again. Eventually your account capital will be a high enough to work from home. Best of luck :+1:

1 Like

working from home more than part time is the goal plan. cheers for the advice!

ive been real money now for a year after been on demo for about the same time , i was hasty and risking too much of the account size on one trade . If you serious about wanted to trade profitably it maybe best to go demo for a while, then real with a minimum account size so you experience the trails and tribulations without it been too damaging ,

It’s too low; but if you are a newbie; then it’s okay!

1 Like

the amount irrelevant till you feel your becoming consistently profitable

The capital you start with determines how much you want to make and how many trades you want to open simultaneously. With more capital comes more trading power. Since you won’t be holding off trades more than 5 mins, $500 to $1000 and a good strategy is a good start. I have a colleague who trades with Forexchief broker as I do and scalps alot. He started with $300 and does micro lots. Although he deposited more, he has grown his account to $1200 in 7 months.

1 Like

that’s around the amount I started trading LIVE with,a good starting amount right there

well i think startling low is wise if youa re new or even a bit experienced, its a good way to try out a new broker. small lot size n test out the leverage with their spreads etc

scalping is a trading approach which brings profit very rapidly than others. but sometimes it causes a great risk and many trading platforms dont allow trading concept such as this.

1 Like

yes i agree, there is a certain skill with risk management to scalp trading. definitely worth practicing on demo though

$10-$20 is just your buffer for losing trades, I suppose you could make it work but your stop losses would be super tight and you’ll be risking a huge % of your account with that small of a capital. I’d say try with $300 - $500 at least. :slight_smile:

good amount to start with. just sometimes difficult to find a GOOD broker that ALLOWS SCALP trading, and has a min deposit requirement between 3-400.

Ah, I didn’t know some brokers don’t allow scalp trading. :open_mouth:

True; here your trading knowledge is your main investment! Nothing is impossible here, if you are trading with a decent trading skill!