Scalping Strategy

Quite clearly you don’t even know what scalping is.
Why are you here, have you something to sell?

1 Like

True - but most people here who discuss “scalping” in Babypips threads appear to have no idea what it is. They’re all people who have “learnt” to trade from online sources rather than textbooks. It’s the modern way (and is a big part of the reason why they all lose, because the blind are leading the blind and continually reinforcing everything they learn and teach each other as they go along).

2 Likes

And whenever someone tries to show good things/techniques about scalping, the administrator elders get annoyed and close threads.

a few charts from my tool on CADJPY on scalping.

Wrong.

You just had a problem with one of your threads because members felt (rightly) that were posting with promotional intent, and at the time you were advertising a commercial website in your profile.

That was a “spam problem”, not a “scalping problem”.

1 Like

SCAMMER

You never give up do you

SCAMMER

1 Like

I hope those books are available for free.LOL. (otherwise its advertising)

This is rubbish,

If you don’t understand the difference between recommending a classic old textbook and promoting your own website, you’re beyond help.

1 Like

Greetings, scalping is what most beginners with trading start off doing, I know I did. It is attractive because of the high win rates but there is no edge in it and you will end up losing finally X number of trades down the road.

If you want to scalp - I wouldn’t recommend - I would suggest do a carry trade on the triple rollover days with your broker: Carry Trade Definition from Financial Times Lexicon

Very simply with an example USDTRY has a high carry on a short position held at 10:00pm UK time. Wednesday is the triple rollover day where they pay u 3 times the carry interest to take account of the weekend when the markets are closed.

So you could scalp from 9:57 to 10:01 by going short with say 120 pips in your Stop Loss containing a risk of £1000 say. That will net you £250 in interest by holding that position overnight then the idea would be to get out as quickly as possible., so yeah scalp it.

Funny story - I got into FX trading at Uni in 2nd year because I managed to get an internship with Barclays Capital on their FX trading floor so I was trying to figure out what FX trading was all about. Thankfully being a student I didn’t have any real money to put behind trading so I made a little lost a little, didn’t really care.

Anyway a good old school friend of mine kept on pestering me about trading so I introduced him to the BarxFX platform (they had a retail platform ages ago) and told him everything I new which admittedly wasn’t very much. (short conversation) I think around scalping if I remember.

Anyway fast forward 4 months and I get a call from this guy out of blue asking me to lend him £5,000. I said Michael, what for - trading he needed more capital. Ok, so let me see how you have been doing let me see your demo and live accounts.

I don’t know how he managed to lose over 100 million in just 4 months on his demo account and £48,000 on his live; £48,750 deposited no withdrawals and only £750 left in the account.

He apparently borrowed from family and friends would get in on positions without having a Stop Loss in place and would just leave it. Limited Profit potential with a TP based on a scalp, but unlimited loss potential with no SL: lunatic!

I think he went into a bit of depression after that, and he is still paying back his creditors. Good for him I say, I have the view that they should have known the risks.

1 Like

Any success with using this method?

I expect he did - nutter ! - JUst go bancrupt and wait 5 years - all is now fine - he can work and “Invest” £ 10 - have Another go = I don’t expect he will do any better - Perhaps - buy a lottery ticket - Or learn to trade Heroin ! :tennis:

Hi Alanlim3,

One layman’s question, when enter touch psar trade both psar’s should be in same side and if after our entry if psar happens at opposite side what would we do? Just close trade or take some profit and get out or else hold it?

Hi Alan - just wanted to thank you for your guidance, looking forward to trying it out!
Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry for the so late reply. Seldom log in nowadays. Take some profit n wait for the next wave. Cos if psar one on top n the other below it may come out alot of pattern. May keep going up or down or even side way. Best is take profit first. Than…wait till nx wave when both psar on the same side