Scalping to obtain 1:7 R:R on AVG..... Master_Kiwa's Way

Good morning everyone… Please have a listen to the following pod-cast. If you can control your emotions while scalping you can earn and almost always end up with a net profit.
How to Control Fear & Emotions In Trading - Forex Training Academy

master kiwa’s way
this is my first post on this site
there is sites that allow guys like me who are really new to forex to follow professional signals like yours automatically
sites like forexsignals and connectforex
I am using their service to follow other signals
would you care to check it out and if you can join them to help us in this way
if you do just me know to follow you

MasterKiwa, isnt it that RR is 1:7 that means your risk is 1 pip and your reward is 7 pips. In your video for example you enter sell on the close of a red candle your SL is above the high of entry candle which is im sure more than 1 pip and much more if the candle closing above that sl level is a long candle. Then how did you determine your 1:7 ratio?

The 1:7 ratio is determined by your Pip drawdown. Recall this thread began focusing on the Pip-drawdown. So basically we earn 7 pips before we [B]close[/B] 1 pip over our spread in red. Recall everything is in relation to the close of what ever TF you are trading. So if you trade 1m, then your sl is 1 pip across the entire length of the candle which caused you to go in AFTER one min. Essentially that is where the engulf comes into play. Once your candle is engulfed you bail, and follow the new direction.

Thank you so much for the advice. I will be sure to look into it. Which of the two do you recommend?

they r both one thing, lead to each other, and they are bot com sites.
currently I am following a couple of signals they offer and making good %
their edge is the linking software they provide for experts like u and beginners like me.
they charge me monthly fees for automatically following ur signals.
i think u get paid for each time someone follows u.
but I don’t know if they charge u for their service or not.
it is worth trial contacting them.
but if u get hocked up with these guys please let me know to follow u their, it will take me a while to really grasp what you are introducing here and during this time I would like to follow ur signal and make a couple of bucks until I get it clear

Hello M.Kiwa,
i was looking couple of times to the videos to understand your system correctly. I’m looking forward to learn much more :slight_smile:
Thank you!

Hey Master,

Looking forward to any other info and updates or vids you have on this system, been studying it and think i just about have it down!

:slight_smile:

Hi MasterKiwa, thanks for sharing this system and I’m looking forward to investigating it myself. A question I have is in regards to spread. You like EURCAD which would usually carry a bit larger spread yes? (probably larger moves too though) I would have thought this can eat into the final gain substantially? Just wondering how much this impacts the system as the video didn’t appear to take this into consideration (I could be wrong)?

Also on your video it appeared once a trend was in play you didn’t necessarily look for an engulfing candle but more so a candle in the trend direction between the moving average lines. Is this correct?

Your opinions on those points above would be much appreciated and thanks again for sharing! :cool:

Hello sir. Just got back to Panama after a week off of trading. I am not sure if you guys would be interested, but how about we have a group chat. It is currently 8:15pm right now in panama. If we can get more then 5 people to post below showing interest in chatting, we can open up a group chat and scalp together at 1:00 am my time. What do you guys say?

As for the spread, The account which I trade in has a 3 pip spread on EUR.CAD because it is a “rebate account”. For every 1 round lot traded I get back 10usd :wink: So extra money in my pocket at the end of the month. Yet, you have some pretty good ecn brokers which will give you a spread of .3 to .9 on EUR.CAD which to me is a steal.

Well what happens in between the ma lines i what sets the tone for your entry. As I’ve mentioned before you have many different ways in which you can trade engulfing patterns. Yet, on any pair which I trade, what happens in between the MA line is what is key. As that is the only time the price is actually pretty stable. If you can get ride of your bias when your inside that bubble you can pretty much hit the 1:7 R:R which I aim for.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve been looking into it a bit more and revisited your video and think I am on top of it. I haven’t had much time to trade recently (plus I usually place trades that take days to play out) but I did get to make a 6 pip profit yesterday! Woohoo! lol. That was playing with AUDUSD which usually will have under 1.5pips spread once commission is included. EURCAD is probably an extra pip per trade - I’m in Australia with an Australian ECN broker. From the amount I’ve been able to look through testing the strategy I like the look of it. I may create an EA to do the work for me soon so I can backtest easily - news events and the like will give a distorted view but researching the trades should identify that easily enough.

I would love to do a scalp session but I will be away around that time unfortunately. I’m a bit stretched for time this whole week but hoping to have plenty of time to get into this next week.

One thing I have seen is the possibility of allowing the first or second trade run, even the possibility of adding positions once above 7 pips (AUDUSD 1M and 5M is mainly what I’ve been looking at so far though), when the winning move is looking strong and trailing behind a candle that is bullish in your favour (and it’s trailing low or high is still well in profit) especially on bounces off the 10MA or from between the MA lines. I have seen a number of opportunities in AUDUSD where over 40 pips could be banked with virtually no risk once things have moved in your favour - once I even saw a possible total of over 100 pips using the 5M with 2 added trades scaling up. Once you are into your third or fourth trades without a win though you probably just want to take the profit. I’m probably getting ahead of myself but wanted to share and see your thoughts? Live trading is always a whole different ball game compared to seeing whats possible on price action where the future is seen ahead, but I did try to present candle by candle without knowing what is coming next.

Speak again soon! :slight_smile:

Good morning Jimmeh. I am glad you have been doing your back testing. Although you have found several situations in which you could of made much more profit, the reality is those trades are very rare. The market most of the time (EUR/CAD) has about a 60-100 pip range. As a scalper you should be aiming to get about 30% of the daily range scalping, in of course which you use your free margin to give your account a boost depending on the formation which you see. Although, one could hold for bigger gains, the reality is you stand a greater chance of giving your profit back, or running into a losing streak due to your outlook of bigger profit.
Basically as a scalper you should have 0 bias. You enter your trade, and once it’s closed your looking for the very next setup. By maintaining that outlook (placing your trades on the color change, or the engulf which occur inside the bubble), you remove the bias from the picture. Please recall that my intent is turning over my account as quickly as possible by getting very accurate entries and penny pinching the market.
Also the way you are back testing (taking it one candle at a time) is the best way to back-test, as this gives a feel of live trading. Backtesting that way also gives you the chance of practicing your stop loss/ hedging, too. As you begin to back test more, certain formations will standout like a sore thumb, and you should back test looking for that specific formation. The beauty about scalping is that, if you have utter discipline you can turn over your account very very quickly. On the other hand if you become bias towards any one positions while scalping, and your using high equity you will get your account called by Mr Margin very quickly.
There is a fine line between scalping with high equity, but that is why I say that it is much better to back-test high probability formations, and only trade those, then use low equity and scalp or swing.

hello master,

how long are you usually trading? i noticed that you start at 7GMT. Are you monitoring and take trades on different pairs at the same time also?

can we expect another video in the near future with more interesting content :slight_smile:

Yes I only start trading from 7:00 gmt. As of right now I am looking to EUR/NZD AND NZD/USD as my primary currency pair. Given all that has happened with EUR as of the last 2 weeks, EUR/CAD has had many wacky engulfs which can cause orders to be triggered which normally wouldn’t. Although I took almost 2 weeks off from trading, the reality is had I traded, I probably would of been chasing positions due to the crazy engulf patterns which has been seen.

I will be creating a video once again, once I have finished trading this week. So far I am up 46% for the week. Would love to have the account up to 300% profit by weeks end.

thank you Master Kiwa,
i have another question about engulf patterns. Do you use exit strategy of losing trade only on candle open ore you cancel trade as soon you spot engulf pattern heading opposite of a winning trade?

Only on close of candle. At times If I’m up 10 pips in several mins, I would trail stop right away. It honestly all depends on the circumstance of price action. Yet, for the most part I don’t close positions unless the candle has closed.

The broker which I trade for offers weekly prizes for accounts which finish in the top 3 for % change. So, what I am now trying to do is combine my engulf patterns with Fibs in hopes that I can quickly get into a candle (based on fib crossing) and exit only once a certain candle is engulfed.

Come on guys lets get back on the learning bandwagon. Let’s start a group chat and get to work. I have something I would really love to show you guys.

i have couple of minutes so count me in :slight_smile: will you create a private room on chat?

Yes MasterKiwa, please share it to us. Hope you can upload new video on your live trading.