Scalping trades

Hello all,

New to the forum, however I’ve been swing trading UK equities for about 5 years now and continue to do so, but increasing the level of scalping on the side.

So looking to post my trades on the Volman type scalping method I’m using with any feedback - positive/negative welcome. :wink:

Today’s Range Break short on DAX - 10 points

Thanks,
Cal

BTW I’m using cTrader with Pepperstone.

Oh nice! Have you made a significant amount of profit from doing it? :slight_smile:

Hi Cally12,
Thanks for posting some of your trades. I find such posts very interesting. The charts alone do not give us “inexperienced types” much to understand. Is it possible you could post any with short text such as "strategy, going short or long and why, plan entry level, plan stop loss, plan take profit, and a short narrative about what you hope will happen, or what did happen?

Hey,

Certainly profitable, however it started as more of a hobby that has now progressed into supplementary income while managing my full time job. Eventually though I’d love to go full time…let’s see.

More colour to the short DAX trade:

• Previous trend into the range was bearish
  • Well respected lower support defining the lower barrier
  • Lower highs set after the upper barrier test
  • Subsequent rejection on test of EMA
  • Nice squeeze just before the break

This all formed my bearish narrative to short the break of the range defined by the box, but I definitely would’ve like to see more tests of the upper barrier which is why I almost skipped this trade.

SL: 6 points (2 points above most recent high and never greater than my TP of 10)
TP: always 10 points

Took two more shorts today on cable for 10 and 11 pips…Details and screenshots to be posted tomorrow.

Cal

First cable short of the day very similar setup to the DAX short yesterday:

SL: 6 pips (above EMA at 2430 level )
TP: 10 pips (11.3 with slippage :slight_smile: )

** if not for the tiny doji 1 candle before breakout, this range break would’ve been skipped**

Second short on a first pullback setup:

• bearish break out of the previous range
  • Strong pullback taking back ~50% of first move
  • Multiple doji at top of pullback

** double poke above above the EMA caused slight hesitance pulling the trigger **

SL: 5 pips (above EMA)
TP: 10 pips

Thoughts welcome :slight_smile:

Cal

I box my ranges too :grin:
Nice chart. Did you give us the time frame already?

These were on 120 tick charts…although 5 min works equally as well

1 Like