Scalping with a small account, how realistic is this?

Hi,

But if you sure and confident that you are a profitable trader, then partner with Funded Accounts like FTMO. Needs to prove yourself by taking their challenge then share your earned profit 70:30.

Cheers

Scalping is a profitable strategy. you can earn huge money if you have proper knowledge about the strategy.

1 Like

Crazy combo - yes !

Scalping, though, would be your hypothetical traders only option.

As tommor points out 2% of $300 is $6.
I don’t know the various broker’s terms, whether it is possible to trade !/2 mini-lot for
12 pip S/L. I know the spread betting broker, that I use, has a minimum stake of 50p.
This would allow a scalper to have a 12pip S/L, probably not too bad, but position/swing traders would be using much larger stops in the order of 50 - 150pips.
Scalping would be the only option or…
What to do ???

1 Practice on demo until more money is saved.
However, demo trading is a double edge sword. It maybe ok for testing a strategy but it’s
playing with toy town money and in no way does it replicate the psychology involved in live trading.
2 Take a cautious punt as rolandic33 suggests and when the account blows, as it probably will, take it on the chin and look at it as a $300 lesson.
Having said that, anything can happen in Forex - look at today, you could have made 100pips on cable with miniscule to zero stop loss without breaking sweat. Imagine compounding.
3 This is my best and serious suggestion -
(Christ you were only ‘wondering’ and everyone is taking this real serious, as if we are talking you out of jumping off a cliff ! )
Anyway -
Best to read ‘Trading in the Zone’ - Mark Douglas
Read about Price action, candle patterns, S/R etc.Find an ‘edge’, a niche.

Scalping is more art than science
And save some money in the meantime. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

this is kinda what i meant,background strenght from yesterday after FOMC, 1hr fib, 5m entry with confirmed buying inside fib. mind u that the SL is still around 40 pips cos this is GBPNZD, but it s a beast this pair. to me this is still scalping, cos i m entering on 5m.
cheers

More newbies should read this. Scalping can be very attractive for new traders but with a small account, it’s really not any different from gambling especially if you’re new.

Are you back trading with a new account?

2 Likes

haha. I tried to understand what you writed
i think your share is good for me. Thank you.

Yes, trading costs eat good part of profit but you can reduce effect of transaction costs if you choose your broker carefully, make proper tests and comparisons. Comparing live spreads is not enough, you have to track and compare live execution which involves risking your own money. Basically you have to pay for valuable info.

Please what strategy did you use to achieve the doubling of the 7k account.

Kits, please can you share a step by step approach of the strategy you used to turn the $ 280 to $ 500 in two weeks.

You can read about it in Chapter 8 of Millionaire Traders, a book by Kathy Lien & Boris Schlossberg. There are some free online copies floating around or you can msg me if you need a link. Long story short the account went from 7k to 145k in about 9 months. It was mostly news trades and round number breaks.

Please send the link to me. Thanks

I found the PDF… my portion starts on page 214, but lots of interesting reads besides mine :slight_smile: Millionaire Traders.pdf (1.8 MB)

Also do not forget account leverage and what currency your trading in. I was told in no way shape or form I could have trade with 23 different pairs open with No stop loss with account of $200. Thats on My Proof Profit Strategy Thread. Depends on your Broker. I have a 1:1500 Leverage trade USD

Scalping the 1 minute chart today with account starting under $300 will have have scalped almost if not over 300 pips right now at 143.9 pips ( did not make goal …market kept going the other way. Tomorrow’s another Day :grinning:

Live Account trading EURUSD ( scalpers be warned WATCH OUT FOR FOREX NEWS)

It takes Patients, discipline, and self-control. … now trading above and below 100 Yellow MA

TabiusLee
Youareascalper

1 Like

Looks like a good scalp coming into play here on EUR/USD just before 1.20 round number break. Probably a lot of stops sitting above that could pickup the volatility and let it run higher.

My Objective is $200 to over $60,000 Grand by End of Year.

2020-09-02_12-33-46

TabiusLee

Oof 1 minute. :skull_and_crossbones: I don’t think I have the guts to do that! Good for you!

I am finding 15 min and 30 better. Your Right :+1:

1 and 5 minutes sounds SUPER intense. :sweat_smile:

Not really it just constantly repaints. 5 Min not so much .I been using a free Indicator Ipanel Trend
when trade is showing 90 to 95% strength above or below 200 Moving average on the 15 to 30 Min chart I test with .01 lot size and then increase. Try to make sure to catch on higher high or lower low.

Tabiuslee

1 Like

Any updates on the progress?