Scalping with a small account, how realistic is this?

Good day @ponponwei,

Not really that crazy to me because, psychologically speaking, it gets the trader used to trading with a live-real-money account as opposed to a demo.

I recall when moving from demo to live I was quite literally frozen at the prospect of risking real money even when I could say I “knew” a trade was a winner, so I did nothing, but watch that trade evolve into the winner I knew it was going to be … and that went on for a long while.

I don’t know how appropriate it is to mention broker’s names here, but a broker started a swap-free “cent” account so a trader could hit the road running (so to speak) and alievate the “fear” that had me frozen.

As for scalping, I still do it to keep myself sharp.

$15 to $300 in 4 weeks is very good👍🏼.

@ponponwei is correct in saying that $300 is really a small capital though, there is big $$ in this business.

Keep up the good work.

Wow nice work! You should start a journal so we can come along on the ride.

you got it right 3 years ago when you started the thread, and i’m sure you still have it right, now! :grinning:

scalping isn’t possible, long-term, against a counterparty broker anyway - you’d obviously be scalping the broker, not scalping the market - how long would that last? :sweat_smile:

scalping isn’t possible, long-term, against a counterparty broker anyway - you’d obviously be scalping the broker, not scalping the market - how long would that last?

OK, then how do you think some of the members here are doing scalping?

i think they’re nearly all losing money to the “broker”, overall, rather than scalping the broker (in other words they’re not doing it successfully in the long run, so the “broker” welcomes it) - and i think the very, very few to whom that description doesn’t apply are doing something that they perhaps think of as “scalping” that isn’t really scalping

1 Like

Small capital is appreciable when you have less trading knowledge but when you have big capital, you should invest big amount in the market.

What if you have a ton of $ but know very little about trading? This one’s a question for @Elliotrades08