Seeking financial freedom thru Forex

I just thought hes done the intro now move on. I’m just trying to help him stop wasting time with this general chat and get into the real trading conversations where itll make a real difference to his trading. Contrary to my message I do want you guys to be making consistent money too. The sooner you dive into trading chats the sooner you’ll get there. Sorry if I caused any offence.

I have no problem with that we are in the introduction area so we embrace every individual that joins. I just want everyone to have a positive experience without feeling like someone is calling them out that’s all I’m saying. The person will jump in whenever there ready. It’s always a marathon when it comes to the markets.

Diving in earlier will make you realise things that you would never have thought of. I dont know about it being a marathon. The strategy you use now will stop working and you will then have to adapt to market conditions. So make your money while it works. Eg turtle traders strategy.

RIckster99, i see that you are bothered with my introduction about myself. I didn’t know that I have to please everybody here in this forum. And what are you saying that I spammed your topic inbox? I thought this is the “Introduce yourself” section. You are the one who commented on my INTRO and I am merely replying to your post. My intro post is just a water cooler where everybody just chills. This is not a topic to discuss trading strategies, psychology and risk management when it comes to trading. There’s another topic for that. My apologies if my background is not align with your liking. I don’t feel the need to answer your questions because I don’t want to be at your level of understanding. You can go on and find somebody else to bash. I wish you good luck in your future endeavor.

thanks for being open-minded and rational. I only wish to be honest with everyone here.

Sorry to hear. It’s good that you’re having fun learning. When BTC was going down last year, I used that time to study. Right now I’m trying to apply what I’ve learned so far in trading fx and crypto. :blush:

That’s true. And after a year of studying and using my sim account, I am more confident in placing trades. So far I am doing good just using the Ichimoku and ATR. We only get better, hey.

1 Like

Welcome to Baby Pips. It’s good that you know how risky this market is, so I believe you’ll be very cautious as you tread. Furthermore, if you are wise enough as you seem, you should heed to the advice you get on this forum… like being cautious with free money

1 Like

Yep! Good luck to us. :blush:

@Rickster99. I was here a year ago and got disgusted with your comment on my introduction so I decided never to join in the forum again. Anyway, I just dropped by to say that I am now an official prop firm funded trader since February of this year. Thanks to your discouragement, I was able to make it this far. I hope you are too.

And this is exactly what I pointed out. I always thought you were more interested in promoting some firm and I was right. You had nothing more to say or add other than I’m being funded. Nothing about your returns, nothing about your trading style, nothing about why it took a year to get funded, nothing constructive at all. Like I said completely see through. Maybe you’ll come back when you have an affiliate link or make a referral fee. Please be transparent next time, you’ll be better received.

better received by who, you? You can keep that to yourself. BTW, It took me not just a year to get funded BUT 1.5 years from being a beginner to becoming professional. I was happy with the company that trained me and funded me. That company never once degraded me or doubted me, instead, they lifted me, taught me, and continues to support me. So, yes, no need to be received by someone like you (laughs). It’s so much fun when you are being challenged by a stranger, it is actually motivating. BTW, I don’t need to show proof to you, it’s a moot point. Sorry, no links or referrals too. Trading style? I use currency correlation, strength & weaknesses, PA and institutional zones based on a daily chart and entering on a lower TF with more than 1:1 RRR. Set it and forget strategy.

Welcome back! I’m glad to hear that your trading is improving and that you’re happy with the firm you’re with.

There are lots of mixed reviews about prop firms and brokers alike, and a large percentage of new members only come here in disguise to take advantage of new traders and to get them to subscribe to their signal service or other money making schemes, hence the reason some of our members are suspicious of new members. You have not dropped any names or links, so I hope that these suspicions are put to rest now.

I look forward to your contributions here and I’m sure you have lots to teach new members through your past experiences.

Good luck!

Trading for a living seems to be mostly everyone’s goal… I think you really have to go into it with a substantial amount of capital though. 6-12 mo’s living expenses + enough to go through the draw downs of fx. I hope to get there one day.

Thanks, learning doesn’t stop in this profession. What really helped me is to stop following anybody’s system/strategy because we all have unique risk-investor profile. So what may be successful to trader A, who has an investor profile of an aggressive-intuitive might not be a successful strategy for someone who is analytical-methodical. I spent a lot of chart time, back-testing, forward-testing and psychology/money-management. And to never force a trade if there is no set-up. No trade is part of a successful trading day, too. The only reason I am with a prop-firm is because I have no bigger capital to invest. I am more active in a different group where i am well-received. I will NOT be that active here because I was turned-off initially and first impression lasts for me, but thanks for your kind words. I still refer this site to new traders to learn the basics. We only get better, hey.

1 Like

i know you heard it a ton, “trading is not a sprint, it’s a marathon.” and “trading is simple but is not easy.”. It takes time, patience, determination and consistency to master this art. Don’t rush. Your time will come.

Good to hear that you like it. Controlling the emotions is the most important and difficult task in forex trading. An average strategy can give you good profit if you are disciplined in your trading. You can read some books about it.

1 Like

Yes, BabyPips is a good source of information for traders at all levels. You can post your queries to get answers from experienced traders.