Self Motivation Videos And Quotes

She travels with a 25ft ethernet cable? Damn. For me, as a trader on D1, internet speed means very little.

I’d be fine with a tablet and a wireless mouse! I can’t stand excessive luggage. Less is more. I’d have a back up flash drive with any docs that I need. Maybe, just maybe, I might have cloud storage for any docs that I need (excel, word, etc).

@SmallPaul What would you take with you on an international trip?

1 Like

When I was on vacation, I think I traded a few times that was back in 2015 and 2016, but I learned quickly not to do that because I was more stressed than enjoying myself. I had a laptop and a USB Drive with my platform and charts on it.

For visiting family and friends in another state, I just don’t trade. I consider that my personal time.

I now try to limit the stress as much as possible, hopefully I can stop trading in the next 5 years. Trading is something I no longer enjoy.

1 Like

Words from the Irish

WHAT’S FOR YOU WON’T PASS YOU

You cannot break anything that is meant for you just like you can’t put together anything that isn’t. Let the pieces fall where they may as you march to the beat of your own drum and obey the truth within your own heart.

2 Likes

Becoming a Travel Trader: Your Ticket to Financial Freedom and Global Adventures!

How to Become a Full Time Travel DAY TRADER - COSTS, TRADING CAPITAL & CONSISTENCY.

1 Like

I enjoy watching such videos because I can learn from them. I also enjoy living vicariously through these videos.

It’s cool to be able to travel and work flexibly.

Any idea what you’d like to do instead? How else would you like to spend your time?

1 Like

The goal is to travel to 12 different countries in one year for the next 20 years

1 Like

Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.

Gautama Buddha

1 Like

perfect loop

Imagine opening the window to this view in the morning!
imagen

These kinds of pics are good motivation for me.

It doesn’t have to be a luxury hotel at all. For me, it’s just about being able to fulfill the desire to be somewhere else when I want to.

Even going to a nice cafe to read for a little while…

1 Like

1 Like
1 Like

My first order of business is to declutter my mind of all the BS I hear and see every day by taking a tech-free vacation for 30 days, no phones, no internet, no TV, no radio.

2 Likes

Could you start that at home? You could decrease your tech consumption at home, right?

Or is there too much of it at home? It’s funny we don’t realize how much tech is embedded in our daily lives.

But, even cutting back on tech at home is not the same as eliminating it for 30 days.

And I thought you’d have to go into the woods or something, but you can be in a city and just turn everything off.

What kind of place would you prefer for that? A nature getaway or stay in a city?

Both have their pros and cons. Being in a city without any gadgets would be a nice change to normal city life. But a nature getaway (in the mountains, the countryside, or at the beach) would be a nice change from the city life.

You could get a typewriter and start working on a book. Just be careful not to end up like Chevy Chase in the movie Funny Farm.

When you have access to the tech around you, it’s difficult to control yourself, it’s much easier when there’s none

1 Like

A laketown house or cottage could be a nice option. A small town that has less than 3,000 people. There are modern conveniences, but no hustle and bustle like large cities, and waaaaay less crowded.

Or perhaps a small beach town…

Honestly, I’d be fine with either one. But if I had to choose, I’d go for the beach town. How about you?

Or would you prefer total seclusion?

But you know, if you go to one of those small towns, there are lots of homes on the outskirts. You’d be just 5 minutes from the tiny town. I think it’s better than being one hour (or more) away from the nearest civilization.

1 Like

Thinking about this kind of stuff that happens in urban life just pushes me towards suburbs/seclusion.

It can make you want to able to go wherever you choose to go. These things can help fuel the fire and push you towards your goals. The ability to exert your will.

@SmallPaul Thanks for this thread. It helps to keep me going.

1 Like

This song was release out shortly after 9/11

Raise Up - USA

1 Like

The thing about big cities like NYC is that you can drive two miles north, south, east or west from a bad area and you will be surrounded by towering skyscrapers with condos and penthouses worth more than $50 million.

1 Like

And the main thing separating the two is, simply, the way the inhabitants think.

I was listening to podcast and the the guy was talking about the behaviour in bad neighborhoods vs nice/quiet ones.

He basically said: You want 24-hr Chinese food and 24-hr convenient stores? Well, go over there. You wanna do wild stuff at 2am? Go over there. I pay good money to be in my quiet neighborhood. Over here, we have quiet hours. Do not come to my neighborhood blasting music in your car in the middle of the night. After 9pm, don’t even slam your car door or raise your voice on the street. After 9pm, it’s dead quiet, and that’s how we like it.

1 Like

In most big cities, except LA and NYC, this is true. NYC is the city that never sleeps, and if you want some vegetables at 2 a.m. from a vegetable stand, you can do so, but most places that are open 24 hours are in heavy traffic commercial areas, such as night clubs, bars, grocery stores, etc. things have slowed down a lot compare to 10yrs ago.

NYC - 2AM @ Time Square on a Monday

This Really Happened At 2am In New York

1 Like

London knows how to party, can’t forget that