Share News about Today's GBP

It’s gonna hit big in the next hour. anyone feel free to discuss?
Advise / opinion are free to share here.

Let me begin first, 0 forecast, -5.9 previous.
Does that mean + is better for currency or - is better for currency. (-negative means lesser people claim unemployment rate or more people claim unemployment rate causing it to be -negative)

appreciate your respond, my first time posting.

Hi

The Initial Jobless Claims measures the number of individuals who filed for unemployment insurance for the first time during the past week. This is the earliest U.S. economic data, but the market impact varies from week to week.

A[B] higher[/B] than [B]expected[/B] reading should be taken as negative/[B]bearish[/B] for the USD, -
while a[B] lower[/B] than [B]expected[/B] reading should be taken as positive/[B]bullish[/B] for the USD +

I rate it as HIGH impact announcement. *

Also to look out for: PPI
The [B]Producer Price Index /B measures the change in the price of goods sold by manufacturers. It is a leading indicator of consumer price inflation, which accounts for the majority of overall inflation.

unlike the Initial Jobless Claims,
A higher than expected reading should be taken as positive/bullish for the USD, +
while a lower than expected reading should be taken as negative/bearish for the USD -

*It may be best for those new to trading to stay out or trade on demo during these time. Trade carefuly during news announcements as these.

Hi Neo,

Thank you very much for drawing a clear line on this, it may be very confusing when comes scenario like this.
In Short.

[B]IJC[/B] = actual < forecast = good for currency?
[B]PPI[/B] = actual > forecast = good for currency?

Right
[B]IJC[/B] = actual < forecast = good for currency
[B]IJC[/B] = actual > forecast = bad for currency

Hi Neo,

Thanks for sharing, the result should only compare to forecast? how about compare to previous? is that applicable?
May I know how you ‘see’ the market sentiment? for example IJC:

result [none] forecast [1] previous [2]
trader insights : It’s gonna be good for economy and expect bullish.

result [3] forecast [1] previous [2]
trader insights : oh shiet, it’s worse than previous, quickly go short now!

so the candlestick bars will behave… like… bullish then sharp bearish?
how to see the live news when they were in meeting or annoucement?

Truly appreciate your sharing.

check out Forexpros - Stock Market Quotes, Forex, Financial News economic calandar , also
DailyFX - Forex News, Currency Trading, FX News, Forex Trading News and
Forex Calendar: Economic Calendar for FX Trading News & Event Risk

for example take today’s result of the US New home sales.
10:00 USD New Home Sales (actual)373K (expected) 380K (previous reading):374K

the result was (red) worse than expected, But not too bad overall.
it was < than expected, but only 1k (0.26%) worse than last month

Had the figure been on target with the expected figure of 380k it could have given the USA a bigger boost.