Should I ignore fundamental analysis as a beginner?

Hi Babypips community.

As you know, fundamental analysis can be very hard to understand for beginners like me and it’d be time consuming when learning it. Should I worry about it? Do you think that technical analysis is more than enough to make good and consistent profits?

What makes a good trader is a lot like what makes a good boxer or a good shooter…

A jab(technical analysis) is a very good punch but your combinations are going to be limited and you will only go so far or reach a certain level. So you need power punches as well e.g fundamental analysis…At the end of the day you need a mix of both.

A shooter does not turn up to a gun fight with one bullet in his chamber so why would you enter trading which can be considered a war between bulls and bears with one bullet ?

It can be confusing in regards to what basic level of information do you need to learn about each fundamental and technical to succeed ? That is why I am going to release a very simplified series to help newbie traders very soon- free on YouTube

IMO You absolutely don’t need fundamental analysis to trade forex. Technical analysis or better yet price action using naked charts is all you need.

Understanding fundamentals are of GRAVE importance.

When you are being ask upon for your justification in any particular trades. How you can appear more like a professional trader depends on it. It is your career image. Validation of us as Professional Forex “TRADER” are at stake.

With fundamentals, the stigma associated with a Trader are alleviated.

4a790f30249622a2fa384909464895aa (1)

Criminal/GAMBLER/trader are just a fine line…

2 Likes

That’s a mindset, if you believe it then it will become true for you.

FA is itself a mindset, the market is a collection of minds, if you adopt an understanding of how that collection - the market - is thinking and reacting then suddenly FA becomes so sensical.

The most recent example is oil - learn how price first reacted to the Saudi incident - check the daily on WTI, then later when it became clear that supplies would be merely ‘interrupted’ .

I know many traders who shorted that rise based solely on that FA - but where did they get out?

At 50% of the rise which was also the most recent daily high - TA and FA working together.

2 Likes

To help you i figured a chart - imagine the up candle close (after the incident).

Then you have to imagine shorting that candle, let price rise and wait - that’s where the FA kicked in, then you have to imagine those shorts - they are in for the short term until the dust settles so to speak.

That’s when the TA kicks in, get out with profit and wait.

Oil_Saudi_incident

2 Likes

Short term… jump in the band wagon and buy more oil!! :rofl: it is now or never… Drone attack is no joke. War brewing…

Aye, there is one of the most important lessons in my post, something that i have come to learn in FA - I repeated the word twice deliberately.

fundamental knowledge is a big deal in forex trading particularly for beginners level, its very tough to acquire with successfully. so i think beginner should ignore it for avoiding mental pressure.

1 Like