Should You Quit Your Job to Day Trade? Probably Not Says This Trader with Over 30 Years of Investing Experience. Here's Why

I think you should always have something else.

Very interesting! It was good a read.

ok that is nice.

This is very nice text. But, I would add that it is very challenging to live only on trading, without any side income. Only small number of traders are able to reach this goal.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. It was interesting to read. It is not easy to live only on trading without any side income or a permanent job. The thought of quitting my job for full time trading gives me jitters as I don’t have a steady income from that as yet

1 Like

Terrific interview. You have vast experience in a number of fields.

This is true. One can not rely on trading income as it is not steady. Having a job or side income is must and gives no harm to a trader.

It’s an amazing post. You have shared a lot of great information.

This is really informative stuff

It’s okay that you want to leave your job. But don’t do it until you start making money consistently.

Interesting interview, thank you for sharing. Definitely valuable experience to take from.

This was really needed! Not just me but for all my fellow traders out there. I am 19 and have been in a dilemma for a month whether to trade and study or just trade or not trade at all! Thankfully, my doubts are all clear now.

I myself do not agree to this. I don’t feel that it is always a good choice to leave your job and get into trading. You shouldn’t compromise with the fixed income until and unless you are earning a good amount that too daily through day trading.

I myself do not agree to this. I don’t feel that it is always a good choice to leave your job and get into trading. You shouldn’t compromise with the fixed income until and unless you are earning a good amount that too daily through day trading.

once upon a time, i signed up for a “free” introductory class at *** academy (off-site with real classroom and computers). they have offices all over the US and some overseas. anyway, after the class, the sales guy was very persistent in selling paid classes there. i asked him if their classes were SO super-duper great in making TONS of moola from trading, why was he still working a day job as a sales guy there? i kept asking him the obvious question: why doesn’t he take the classes himself, make tons of money and quit the sales job. guess what his answer was? he said, “well, i can make “some” money, but it’s still nice to have a REAL job”. :rofl:

1 Like