Simple 30 Min System!

Could you post larger charts with times visible? I’d like to scroll back and see on my charts just where you entered these trades but it is hard when there is no time reference. Thanks!

[These are also what i use in my swing trading strategy.[/QUOTE]

whot is your swing trading strategy

lookee here ------> http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/13194-my-swing-trading-strategy.html

:wink:

I will try the MACD suggestion on the daily strategy tomarow during trading on the demo, you never know what will work.

The time for those trades was May 19 around 9 am EST if youd like to look.

Yesterday I suffered the largest drawdown since trading live. It seems I would get crossed EMAs & a confirming MACD but then a little later the EMAs would uncross and I would be in minus territory. Anyone else finding this and what to do - Limit orders with a 5 pip entry away from current price? I know that oil & gold fundamentals clouded the overall picture so maybe the news is much more important than I suspected for this strategy. d.

M. -

This tread has kind of died, are you still trading this strategy and have you made any changes? It has been up and down for me and just inquiring if you made any modifications. d.

Hey, I just discovered this and the thread is dead quiet. I hope you have not gone away PP. I just got here! I am going to DEMO your system because it is definitely what my trading style is…Daytrading and Scalping.

Thank you for explaining this system so extensively.
I’m gonna try demoing it as well, scalping is my cup of tea :slight_smile:

Cheers!

polishpips:

thanks for this system, it’s basic and its entry point correspond to my entry points or trades I am already doing.

I find this system to be good for +20 pips net per trade (comfortable) with no stop loss set, EUR/USD. (I trade from 1 AM EST to 12 PM EST)

I am currently demoing this system on the USD/CAD and am finding each trade is good for +10 pips net.

I will post entries/exits soon.

thanks

neilr

1 Like

as I said in my previous post, I’m only looking for a +25 pip net trade, nothing too fancy.

Here are my entries and exits (times indicate the candles, NOT real time):

5/26

0900 1.5760 BUY
1100 1.5778 exit, no 25 pips (15 net)

5/27

0300 1.5764 SELL
0400 1.5736 limit, 25 pips

0930 1.5751 SELL (MAs cross)
0930 1.5723 limit, 25 pips

5/28

0200 1.5700 BUY
0300 1.5726 exit, no 25 pips (23 pips)

0530 1.5713 SELL
0530 1.5685 limit, 25 pips

5/29

no trading

5/30

0230 1.5530 SELL
0230 1.5502 limit, 25 pips

0630 1.5498 BUY
0730 1.5524 exit, 24 pips

1030 1.5509 BUY
1100 1.5537 exit, 25 pips

175 pips for the week (please check my math)

I trade 1 lot and monitor the computer from 0100 EST to 1200 EST.

someone else post their experiences as well, I’m interested to see who else is doing this.

Hey PolishPip,
I had a question for you or rather a request.
You said your settings are as follows -
EMA 5 Applied to Close (red)
EMA 10 Applied to Open (aqua)
MACD Setting 8, 20, 9
RSI � 14

Would you mind giving a brief explanation as to how you came to those settings and why they work?

I am not well schooled with indicators and definitely need to read and learn more about them. But I also like to here from a system creators perspective as well.

Hope all is well and hope you get back to this thread. I am going to demo your system this week and see how it goes. Time has been hard for me to find this past 2 or 3 weeks as well. I am way behind on trading and learning!

If only I did not have to work every day!!! lol

Something else I am not clear on but maybe someone with success trading this system can answer -

How do you enter the trades?
I know the principles PP set down in the first post, but I see many circumstances where you could jump right in at times then have the price action move right against you only to reverse again in the favored direction.

So how do you enter your trades? Do you just jump right in as soon as you see a signal or do you look for retracements or something else?

I have been studying your system just on a short time frame. I am only testing it on the 1am to 6am Eastern Standard Time frame. It works really well catching the beginning breakouts of the markets.

I was writing an EA with alot of the same basic ideas as this post…I would be happy to adjust it a bit to match this system…the only diff is that I use PSAR as well when looking to enter a trade. I have another post open looking for a bit of assistance with the exit command, but once that is done the EA will be ready to go. I will post it once I am done.

Looking forward to it…:slight_smile:

Ok…this is the first EA that I am posting gulp let me know if there are any problems downloading it.
Also…Please allow me to take 1 moment to state:
“I am not a programer, I wanted to write an EA so I learned by looking at other EA’s and reading a few forums on this site. I do not write this from scratch, I started with the MACD Sample EA that comes with MT4, and I make changes/additions/edits…you get the point. Please don’t judge me too harshley. If anyone would like to improve on this, please do…or just let me know what you would like, and I will do my best to make it happen. I think that if we can help each other make our profit goals using Forex then more power to all of us.”

Ok now that thats outa the way :slight_smile:
Here is the EA based off this system…Please let me know of any bugs and IF you are going to use this EA, please post some results so others can learn from the road you made. Thank you

Simple 30 Min System!.zip (5.63 KB)

OOPS, forgot 1 thing…The EA is set up to have a min. T/P of 10. So if you would just like this system to continue till the cross forces an exit, just set the t/p to a very large number, like 500 or so.

Hey MT,
How has your EA worked out for you? Anything to share here? I have been busy at work and have not had a lot of time to demo test the PPs system. Please post some results (wins/losses0 etc if you can.

Hi MT,

I was looking through your code, and it’s relatively easy to read (especially considering this is my 1st crack at dealing with this platform), so you definitely get points for that… :slight_smile:

That said though, I think you may have misinterpreted the OP’s system a bit, as I believe that his entry rules, divided into “1” and “2” for both long and short, are 2 separate sets of entry rules.

In other words:

I believe this means that you enter either if MACD crosses negative to positive with RSI>50…

[u]Or[/u] if MACD is positive, and your EMA cross each other upwards.

Assuming I interpreted the OP correctly, I’m thinking your entry conditions should look something like:

if((MacdPrevious<0 && MacdCurrent>0 && Rsi>50) OR (ShortEma>LongEma)) 
// or split it up into 2 separate if statements, which I think would be preferable...

(I’d also question the ‘ShortEma>LongEma’, since that doesn’t seem to indicate a cross, just the short being over the long)

Edit: I’m trying to get a grasp on the platform as we speak, so I’ll try to see what I can do with it when I do… Hope you don’t mind me working off of yours? :slight_smile:

Hello Everybody,
I have been out for a bit and havent really done the testing w/ the EA, it was a quick project. I agree that I misunderstood the entry rules, I will make the corrections tonight and post them.

Feel free to make edits to the EA and just use it as a starting point, just post what you come up with so we can get this working correctly.

When I get home tonight I will post the new EA w/ my Skype Info, if anyone would like to work on the EA together that would be nice. I am very new to coding and forex in general so if we can format the EA and System to produce profits I say “lets get it done”

I am usually online around 11pm/midnight-ish till Mountain Time (US).