Simple 30 Min System!

what are the best settings for return, using the system tester in MT im not getting very good results with the default settings nor ones i modif ??

Hayden,
Could I get some specific numbers from you?
Also, what are you goals with a trading system?
I see this system making 1-5 trades a week with approx. 70% win ratio.
The Default settings have the winning trades making 40 pips w/ the losing trades at a loss of 30 pips. Using a trading system like this does not target a person who is looking at trading $1 pips and making a living off of Forex, I believe this system will end up making about 20-100 pips per week, so at that point the trader will have to look at their money management and determine what type of risk level they would like.

My personal money management works like this:
Balance * 3% = X
X / StopLoss = Lot Sizes.
So����������.w/ a balance of $2000(USD) and a stop loss of 30 as this is set up for right now it would look like this.
$2000 * 3% = $60
$60 / 30 = $2 per pip.

If this does not help please restate the question and I will see what I can do. 

here is report, i can barely break even ???

tester.zip (9.09 KB)

Yikes. I see that. I think this is a system where you have to use judgment. Is it too much against the trend? Has the market been weak? What time frames are best and worst?

Personally, I only see this system being good for about 1 hour before the London (2am-3am EST) opening and going until 11am EST.

I spoke with Martin on this and he said that time frame was the right one.

Maybe all tests should be focused on/limited to that time frame for now?

Hey Polishpip! thanks a lot for sharing your system, I haven’t seen you posting in a long time, hope everything is OK.

Greetings from sunny Miami.

He has been busy. Just like me, I have been slammed with work. Hopefully he will get back to playing and tweaking his systems soon.

Hello Martin.

My name is Pierre, I have been trading for just over a year as well. I use a similar strategy, slightly different EMA (8,3) and MACD (12,8,9) settings, but effectively for the same purpose. I also use slow stochs as a precursor to MACD (SS crosses then MACD crosses + the other steps in the strategy). Do you use SS in your everyday strategy? Thankyou for posting your ideas. Best of luck,

Pipdemix.

Hi There,

I have backtested this system, and it’s cool really.
My problem is that it can only execute 1 currency pair at a time eventhough indicators are met with the other currency pairs. I want to execute this simultaneously on different pairs.
I tried to modify the OrdersTotal<1 to a value more than 1 (e.g OrdersTotal<3…) but it only duplicates the current open pair.

Help pls! I don’t know much about programming.

Thanks & regards to everyone.

Olpo

Hello Olpo,

Be sure to change the magic number on each chart.

I suggest changing it by multiples of 10.

That should allow you to run the EA on multiple charts and/or TimeFrames

Happy Hunting :slight_smile:

made 57pips in 5 trades no loss, trading time 13:00 - 14:00 UK time,.

thank you polishpips for posting,… :slight_smile:

Thanks for the hint. I’ ve made it work.:slight_smile:

Hi, I’m a new trader but I have a basic understanding of programming. It seems to me as if the latest ea version of this system makes all orders exit after gaining 40 pips. Looking back in the thread, it seems to me that only condition 2 orders (MACD agrees with the moving average crossover) have a set takeprofit level. Please correct me if I’m mistaken but the exit parameter for all types of orders is either when the moving averages cross over in the opposite direction or a loss of 30 pips whichever comes first. I’ve been playing around with the code and made it so that some orders would exit because of the moving average crossover before going so far as to hit the stoploss.

here is what I have so far in the exit section of the code

if(OrderType()==OP_BUY) // long position
{
if(OrderMagicNumber() == MagicNumber + 1 && Bid - OrderOpenPrice() >= TakeProfitNum) // long position is opened with Scen. #2
{
OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Bid,3,Violet); // close position
return(0); // exit

}
        // should it be closed?
        else if(ShortEmaCurrent &lt; LongEmaCurrent && ShortEmaPrevious &gt; LongEmaPrevious)
        {
             OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Bid,3,Violet); // close position
             return(0); // exit
        }
     }

else if(OrderType()==OP_SELL)   // short position
     {
     if(OrderMagicNumber() == MagicNumber + 1 && OrderOpenPrice() - Ask &gt;= TakeProfitNum)
     {
        OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Ask,3,Violet); //close position
     }
        // should it be closed?
        if(ShortEmaCurrent &gt; LongEmaCurrent && ShortEmaPrevious &lt; LongEmaPrevious)
        {
             OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Ask,3,Violet); // close position
             return(0); // exit
        }
     }

Good to see you martin. I hope all is going well for you.

I have been trading candle signals, pivot points and momentum/breakouts and been quite successful on DEMO and using one mini lot for live testing. Almost ready to get more aggressive.

How have you been?

Welcome back, Martin. I just grabbed 40 pips using your system. :slight_smile:

Hi Polishpip,

hope you are well and your accounts growing…

How is the above mentioned swingtrading system doing?

Thanks

baby24

Hi Martin, i am a newbie . I am using your system at demo account. Its working nicely… Thanks a lot ! I really wonder how much money u are making daily… .!! Great job…!

Im still using Demo ac. Today i banked 60+ pips at EUR/USD and 50+ at GBP/USD.

I have also looked at the GBP/JPY and Euro/JPY chart . They also followed your system nicely.

I think USD, EURO, GBP, Euro are following your system perfectly. What do you say?

Its really one of the best fx systems. Thanks

This looks a great strat. Well done on this, I’m testing this on a demo account.

I’m still reading through this thread but so far all looks good.

Will keep you updated on how testing goes :slight_smile:

I am a newbie here can you tell me where is the system file for this system???

Look at post #1 on this thread :slight_smile: