Simple 7 Forex Trading Strategy

If you read the thread you will see references to trades I have entered that have “bounced off of the 50 ema”. This is one way to use the Simple 7 system to trade when you have missed the initial ema cross.

A quick question, if the H4 shows that the trend is up, do you ever short a trade and vice verse?

That is not the Simple 7 system, however I personaly will trade off the 15m chart movement either direction. Doing so increases the risk of loss.

Okey,thanks for the quick answer :slight_smile: so, to sum it up, you should have ([B]if you follow the Simple 7[/B]) 2 charts; H4 and 15min, right? and if the H4 shows an uptrend, you look after a good entry point to go long on the 15 min, and vice verse? just want to make everything clear :slight_smile:

Early birds in the US got more than worms this morning, some big moves for the E/$, gbp/$, swissy, etc. I have fixed my SLs @ 1 X ATR20 and TP @ 1.5 X ATR20 on the 15M TF.

If the 50ema on the 4h chart is not flat, decide on the direction of your trade. Then on the 15m chart look for the Simple 7 setups already discussed.A flat 50ema on the 15m chart is a waiting signal as well. RSI is an exellent filter for Simple 7.

These are all my trades this week. They are based on ideas in the Simple 7 threads here and on Forex Factory.

I’m trying really hard to use this strategy when trading, but i find it [B]really[/B] hard to find entry-spots. Do you have any extra tips for newbies like me when to enter a trade? it really bothers me lol, especially when i see that you make trades all the time :24:

Do not trade when the 50 ema is flat. This system will keep you out of the market at the appropriate times as well. That is a skill as well as being in the market the correct direction. Be blessed…

I have struggled with this strategy for the last week or so. Then I realised that it could be because I was trading exclusively on the EUR/USD and that has been very volatile. I have switched to alternative pairs and appear to be back on track.

Hi again guys! :slight_smile: I have read (in this thread) about using the RSI as an indicator when to exit a trade. Just want to ask a question about this. If you have gone long in a trade, and the RSI sinks below 50, this is a sell-signal, right? If so, do you ever use the RSI as a sell-signal if it rises too high? At which point then?

It has been discussed using the RSI 20 period indicator above 55 to enter a long and use a return to 50 as an exit for that trade. I personally do not use Oscillator-type indicators as overbought/oversold indications.

Aside from the RSI, I find that the Stochastic helps a lot as well to let you know if it is overbought or oversold despite it closing on top or below or the 7EMA or bouncing off the 50EMA. In fact its quite hard to predict whether it will bounce off the 50 EMA or continue riding above or below the 7EMA line and allow you to continue going long or short based on that.

@ akatom2u
I’m not sure how you do it, I haven’t tried it out but I will be testing this method out next week! But so far, scrolling back shows me that it’s not always a 100% sure thing. Maybe because of the volatility during the past few days. Thanks for sharing though :slight_smile:

The purpose is not to have a method that works 100% of the time, experienced traders call that the “Holy Grail”. That method may exist, but nobody seems to know where it is… lol. The idea I use is to trade only the best setups and be aware of things like news, psychologic price levels, major news events and economic events. My profit/loss ratio per trade is usually above 70%, at that rate you can lose sometimes and still come out ahead at the end of the week. I could have told you last friday that this current week was going to be hard to trade. My own strategy was not to trade until thursday. I traded all week, basically losing previous profits until thursday and then gaining back some of the profits lost. I’m up 10% for 2 weeks now, so trading a week like this is not profitable in my opinion. (Note to myself.) Not trading a flat 50 ema on the 15m chart will help eliminate losses as well. Try judging this system based on if you go into profit within 1 hour after the entry. Closing the trade is up to you, not part of the system I am sharing. There is no set exit method as part of the Simple 7 trading strategy.

Price oscillators are extremely relative, not at all subjective (I do not prefer them or use them anymore.) RSI is realtime, it is basically a momentum strength meter. (I like it.)

Yeah I am aware that there is no 100% method hahaha. Or maybe there is :open_mouth:
Hmm my 50 ema seems to pretty much always be flat :confused: maybe I shouldn’t zoom in too much haha.

Thank you again :slight_smile:

If the 50 ema is flat on your 15m chart, that is price convergence. There is no profit in trading a price that does not move. Look for a pair that shows movement. :slight_smile:

I just realised that whenever I move the graph, it’ll automatically re-size the candlesticks, that’s why it looks like the 50 ema is always flat but when I zoomed out it isn’t :confused:

That is another reason the RSI 20 period is so useful, you can look at it on any timeframe and see exactly where the price strength is, or is not. Try using the 15m chart to see price movemenet or non-movement observing the 50 ema.

First off I love the simplicity of your system as I am a complete newbie (been demo trading a month). I do have a question though, can you explain how RSI is used and how I incorporate it in your system?

This is indeed a huge topic and hugely important. Great comments. Thanks