Simple & almost naked. The dream date or the dream system?

Hi! I want to participate in this test but have a question , need alittle help: I downloaded the revised v3 EA (the one in this thread) to my MT4 demo, and it’s on a 5 min EurUsd ‘smiley faced’ chart… BUT do I need to download any special indicators or put on chart for this to trade? Leave the trade times to default? Anything else I need to get this running? Appreciate any help!! THX

Fudge !! I didn’t have the DLL option ticked, odd i never had any issues before, thanks for pointing that out will let you know if i have any problems :slight_smile:

You don’t need to add any indicators to your client as the EA will do everything itself. Adding the swing zz indicator to your chart will just help give you a visual and make it easier for you to see what the EA is doing, but so far thats all you need to add.

Hi again, thx for the info! appreciate it : ) … I want to see the indicator in action so I searched thread here and downloaded the swing_zz_fibo.mq4 indicator in post # 964 to my MT4 indicators, but I can’t get it to attach to my chart for some reason… what might be the reason?

hi zeetz,

try with this one:

Swing_ZZ.zip (10.1 KB)

Hi paw3000! Thx for the help, but that download unzips into an ex.4 file … is need .mq4 file ~ is there anyway you can post the .mq4 for me?

The exe file is the executible, just stick that in the indicators folder and your be good to go.

You don’t really need the MT4 file unless you want to edit it, it is useful to be able to peak inside a MT4 file and see what it does.

Here is the MT4 file and EX4

Swing_ZZ.zip (12.1 KB)

Thank You! : )

Hi - I just finished reading the entire thread; I haven’t had a chance to try out the system yet, but it sounds amazing and perfect for my trading style. Thank you all for your contributions!

I don’t know if this indicator would be helpful in finding the trend or not, but it shows a percentage strength and direction of the trend across multiple TFs and then gives you a percentage of the strength of the TF you are looking at. It might be able to be utilized in the EA. I wouldn’t say that the indicator repaints, but the value does change. My observations so far though is that the change is minimal. Anyway, just thought I’d share.

friday 1 hour trading setup with a stochastic divergence.

What do you think about trying the ea on higher tf, like 1hour or 4 hours tf?

This is just what i wanted to say, that day i was tired too… this and the open lots limit are a must for the next version if we want a profitable ea.

Hi kcangelstar, welcome to this thread!

Thanks for posting this indicator, it looks amazing, a lot of info on just 1 window! you are right, it does not repaint. I Will try it monday morning, looking for the relation between the min 5 and the 1 hour or dayly tfs. Feel free to post here some setups or improvements regardless the version you are going to use, so we can revive the maual trading on this thread, and improve it. By now it is giving really good results and i think it still has a great potential.
have a good weekend!

Thanks for the indicator kcangelstar, do you and Paw3000 think it might be better than the Lauer indicator ?

I appreciate all the hard work and ideas blizard and company have put into this thread. I have only read the 1st 23 pages of the thread, but I will probably keep going. Really the 1st 23 pages have given me a ton of info! My job will not allow me to trade small time frames, but i will be trying this out on the 4 hr and possibly 1 hour with entry orders. It looks like a really good system. I thank all of you again and am asking the Lord to bless you!

I have skipped nearly half a year fallowing this thread . Now it looks like it morphed into a wild indicator chase , as a solution to evaluate trade setups. Take it or not. ? Good luck , I’ll be back 6 months from now to see how many indicators you guys will go through. Sad , it was so promising at first.

I can understand where you are coming from but we are just experimenting with ideas for the EA as the EA must have absolute rules to operate. We know this strategy works and that we are just after perfecting it.

I do agree with you that strategies based on indicators can fail often after a few years once the market changes, but as i agree with Paw3000 i like this strategy as it is more price action than anything else so if we can perfect it then in theory we could trade this EA for a very long time if not the rest of our careers, that is our end goal unless i am mistaken.

I know it can be misleading as we are talking about different indicators with different screenshots on various pages, but we are just exploring different possibilities and sharing suggestions, its the only way we can learn and improve what we are doing.

But if you had followed this thread then you would of seen that Dinesh’s EA has shown alot of promise and through the three versions of have (1.1 - 1.3) the EA has improved and become more accurate due his hard work. Now sure we are still testing the EA and looking to improve it, at the moment we are focusing on getting the direction of trade to be more accurate.

But i believe we will get there through being patient and not rushing things, if this takes another 6 months to get right then so be it, we will test and work on it.

We know the EA works and once we have cracked the trend direction element we can focus on fully testing the EA and getting the optimum config settings.

I believe this EA can be a profitable one and reliable one for a very long time if not forever if we get it right. If you do have any suggestions or recommendations so we can make the EA more price action and remove some or all of the indicators we have added so we rely on price action only please post your suggestions im sure in saying this for everyone we would like to hear your contributions.

All suggestions / comments welcome :slight_smile:

hi deno,

I love people like you, who take the time to evaluate others work with a god attitude. I will reply to this:

what has been promising is still promising we have not delayed and forbidden this system, the original metod is still there nobody is forcing you to trade with an ea or indicators, “was promising” i bet you have not been trading it this past 6 month…did you?
if you did, why have you stopped posting?

we are trying to improve the system, with our personal opinion, nobody is saying that the ea or last version with new indicators is better than the 1st…
I know so many people has lost money trading with indicators, thats why they move to price action, i know system based on indicators dont survive over the years, but this one is not the case. Why? because it is not based on indicators… So many price action profitable traders use Divergences to support his entries.Also i have seen how on your posts you have been using emas on this system. Is that dificult to understand we can use a main trend indicator to avoid counter trend trades?. We have not changed the way we enter the market, we have just added some filters, thats all. As scalper (if you are) you should know that to profit you need a very accurate trades, thats not like trading daily tf. on daily tf the spread is less than 1% of you trade gains/loses, here it can be the 25%. we are trading vs probability we need accurate signals, and thats what we are looking for. 1st blizard strategy can bring you 40 signals/day on 1 min tf. If you take the 40 trades you will end everyday with a net lose, thats well probed with the 1st eas version. The only way to stay profitable is to take only the high probabilty ones. if you dont do this, probably because of the low risk reward, you will be able to finish 1 month, maybe more on profit, but you will finally blow your account after a consecutive losses. Dont misunderstand me I’m not saying that blizard was not profitable, I know he was and he is, there are some trades who has the aptitude or the skill to stay profitable chosing the best trades from the 40 posibles by price action and intuition. And you can be one of them, I was one of them, thats easy on a demo account, but as soon as you move to a real account, with real lots, you will see how this intuition is not as clear as it was first, that + the slipagge you can get, makes the 1 min trading dificult near to imposible for most of us in a long term run, reserved for traders like blizard, or people who is able to spend a lot of time to master it.

As Sandybeach said, we are just experimenting. I have seen this so many times… threads start with tons of traders uploating his setups and ideas for a system wich is working, and as soon as they start losing money, they move off. Others instead of this, try to add new things to the system, or to develope an ea. This is better than let the thread die.

can be sad, but it is the truth.

However I respect you and your thoughts, as i said, we are only posting opinions, this post is one of them, and every single one has a positive efect. Post there some ideas or setups about the original system, revive it! Show as how to trade with what you consider a promising system, bring something to this thread!
it will be truly apreciate for all we are running into a “wild indicator chase”.

Otherwise have a good day, see you in 6 month.

I was thinking about what Deno was saying about the indicators, and did some research. Im not sure if this is harder to code or not but i have found some indicators which are a few examples of price action trend indication from what i can see.

Perhaps something like this is what we are after ?

Hamyar is a very complex multifunctional-assistant indicator! It is composed from other three indicators that ar also included in the zip pack. The indicator is based on price actions on multiple timeframe determining the curent trend on timeframe from 5 minute to 4 hour and calculating the recomandated Buy/Sell Zone and the limits of recomandated trades:

homePIPS - Hamyar Indicator

This is a bare price action implementation that can show the price density over time and outlining the most important price levels. The indicator can only be attached to small time framse like M5, M15 and M30 charts and will show the Market Profile for the daily sessions.
Although M5 timeframe offers higher precision, M30 timeframe is recommended due to its better visibility. Three different color schemes are available to draw the profile’s blocks:
homePIPS - Indicator for Market Profile

GG Trend Bar Indicator is based on ADX Indicator – very precise to get the curent Up or Down trend and PSAR Indicator. It is accurate and very simplified Indicator, GG-TrendBar indicator shows you the trend for all timeframe (M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4, D1, W1 and MN1) on active with some colored squares:

homePIPS - Get multiple timeframe Trend on same chart with GG Trend Bar Indicator

hey blizard, looking forward to trying this out. when do you exactly enter the trade on 1 min tf, is it when you get a closed candle, above ( or below ) the line you draw from the dots,

cheers
daza

I have attached the require Indicator with this EA. Since it state error that DT-ZigZag-Lauer Separate is missing.

DT-ZigZag-Lauer Separate.zip (3.6 KB)

sandy/paw - just wanna tap on glass to know how testing going on with the modified EA.?? I havent tested it much. Do you guys see any more modification.??

Will start testing it today…

How do you guys manage to make profits on the 1min chart, with all the re-painting by the Swing-zz?

I don’t trade this strategy manually or with Dineshydv’s EA on the 1min chart, too many fakeouts, use the 5min chart as the lowest time frame to trade. Thats what i stick it on.

You could probably trade the 1min chart but you have to be very good and have reactions like an eagle. 5 Min chart gives you more breathing room and less fakeouts.

I would say any timeframe apart from 1min would be good to trade this strategy, most testing has been on 5mins, so in theory the higher you go the less fakeouts you get.

But im happy with what this strategy produces :slight_smile:

Heya sorry for the delay, right the EA looks good for placing the trades from what i can see with the arrows. Only issue is i get this error:
[B]
2012.09.10 12:45:02 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 GBPUSD,M5: ERROR: SELL OrderSend for GBPUSD failed with error (130): invalid stops

2012.09.10 09:40:03 ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.3 GBPUSD,M5: ERROR: SELL OrderSend for GBPUSD failed with error (130): invalid stops
[/B]

I should have had a few trades entered today over EURUSD and GBPUSD as i am letting it trade 24/7 rather than just 0800 - 1500 GMT.

Only thing is the EA had not entered any trades, where the arrows are being drawn for trades look good, GBPUSD would of yielded some profit.

Has anyone had any problem with the EA actually entering trades? Im using a hotforex demo account. I have another EA sucesfully entering and closing trades on this account so i know my MT4 is setup to allow EA’s to trade.

If you have seen any odd behaviour can you check your expert tab in MT4 and post anything suspicious or odd even if you think it is nothing just so we can analyse it, many hands makes short work !

The only change i made from the default settings was the start/end trading hours and lot size to 0.01.

By the way guys im off on holiday from the 15th, im going to try and reply to threads and check up on the EA every other day, so if i don’t reply for ages don’t worry your just have a massive ar*e post from me at some point ;).

From what i can see the EA does look good for entries, but as i have not had any live trades yet i can’t fully test it.

Thanks for the hard work Dineshydv