Simple & almost naked. The dream date or the dream system?

Aha, got it! pretty good solution.

May you share the EA in here?

I think the TP isn’t working properly on Blizard EA, but I got to check one more time to adjust within the SL modification routine.

Regarding the M1 , Indeed, there were so many fake outs that the demo account went ZERO.
Testing now M5 charts and minibars 3.

Cheers.

No problem glad i could give back a little :slight_smile:

This is the current version of the EA with the best settings i have found from m own testing and gathering the info of the great testers here, i am running it on EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUDUSD and AUCCAD on the 5min chart:

ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.4-A.mq4.zip (5.47 KB)

The EA has the modification as mention previously so when a trade is executed there is no SL and no TP entered. The EA will modify the SL after a short while, so this is not an issue. Only issue is no TP is entered. That is a bug which needs to be fixed in the v1.4 EA.

ONLY USE v1.4-A ONLY IF V1.4 DOES NOT ENTER TRADES

Be warned the AUDCAD sucks at th moment, but the other four pairs are giving great results.

This EA i have used elsewhere and ironically has come in quite useful. Already configured, attach it to one chart only which is different to your current charts, i am using v1.4-A on the 5min chart, so i stuck this one on the hourly chart, this is so you dont get confused having two GBPUSD charts open.

The EA is already configured, it works like this. The EA below will watch all open trades, if one hits 20 pips it will send the signal to close it. Now as this is an EA sending a close signal and not a preset TP the trade may close just over but normally just under 20 pips if the price moves up and down quickly.

Not ideal as we lose a few pips, but until we can get this bug fixed its better than nothing, but it does mean we can test the EA and see if we can improve the current settings.

-CloseAtProfit - v2.00.mq4.zip (899 Bytes)

So far the EA has been profitable in my last two and a half days of trading it, I have let it run for i think 22 hours a day and not bad results, if anyone does improve upon the settings we have all found for the EA please let me know.

Thanks and have a great weekend everyone.

I’m a newb and am practicing some manual stuff so I get the hang of things. I’m of course also looking for a good EA. Does this one have to be on MT4? I see that most EA’s are for MT4 platforms and I’m using a Marketscope (and I really like the asthetics and don’t want to change if I don’t have to).

Also, would I need to load both the “Blizzard 1.4” and the “close at profit” for the EA to function properly?

Yes on MT4.

you don’t need close to profit, otherwise your have to close trades manually.

I am back after a long time…apologies…
Went really busy in my job…

Really good to see that many new members taking interest in it lately. Didn’t got a chance to cover all the post (since I left) but below are the update in attached version:

I see many ppl are getting error “Allow Live Trading First.”. This error means expert trading is not allowed. See this [link]

Also I see many ppl complaining that EA doesnt trade trendline breakout. So note that since first version, EA always recognizes break of both horizontal and trendline but it open trade based on other confirmation indicator selected. All breakout comments are logged in Journal tab.

In attached EA, I have modified below things:

1. error 130. This error comes with ECN broker because ECN broker doesnt allow SL, TP at trade opening. So have modified this one.
  2. Have added a default SL. Previously SL was either trendline or SAR. But now have added a default SL like default TP.

While modifying parameters for testing, take care of below things:

1. Use_SAR and Use_Default_TP both can’t be false. A parameter should be there to trail SL or hit TP.
  2. If Use_Trendline_SL, Use_SAR, Use_Default_SL, all 3(or any 2) are true, then initial SL will be minimum of the all values.

and attached EA is: ZZ_Blizard_ZZ_V1.1_23SEP.zip (5.88 KB)

Could you guys test it out…

Regards,

Hi Dinesh welcome back, i know the feeling of work, its a killer. Im not sure if you had a chance to read my comment here:

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/42750-simple-almost-naked-dream-date-dream-system-139.html#post399804

A couple of our other fellow readers have made a number of changes to your EA and i updated the EA with the best settings everyone here recommended and it is producing good results so far:

19/09 - 53 pips
20/09 + 89.5 pips
21/09 + 173 Pips
24/09 + 93.3 pips (at the moment)

I did not want to reveal any results of the EA until the end of this week incase i just had a few lucky days but the EA is working well, since the change from Lauer to SuperTrend.

It might be an idea to use this version of the EA and if you correct the SL/TP error i mentioned in the EA (which one of our members gave us a workaround) then the EA is i think complete and possibly profitable pending further testing of course.

I was surprised this version of the EA is working as well as it is, i was expected huge losses. Now the profits above also are not taking into account that i am trading AUDCAD on this strategy which i should not be doing. If i had removed it then i would be about another +200 pips in profit.

Here is my fxbook account showing the results so far:

https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/blizard-ea-v14--closetradeea/388062

By the way the EA is opening and closing all the trades by itself.

Go here to download the EA i am using with all the settings i have pre-set:

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/42750-simple-almost-naked-dream-date-dream-system-139.html#post399804

What do you think Dinesh ? If we do this it might save you alot of time as the EA from what i can tell would basically be complete ?

Nice, it making profits, but to be frank, I forward-test only those EA which produces promising results in back-testing. This EA is a loss in back test. Need to include some more confirmation checks I think.

I am using the EA that Sandy posted as the one with the ideal settings; however, I seem to have missed one of the indicators somewhere along the line. Will someone please share the SuperTrend indicator that is programmed into the EA? Thanks!

how do I load EA? I have FXDD for an MT4 account and when I try to load the EA it wants a .tpl file, not .mq4. I can open a MetaLanguage editor, but have no idea what to do in that.

Any help?

Melchizedek, what folder are you putting the EA in? The path should be something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader - FXDD\experts

I just tried that. I put it in the same folder that FXDD is searching from, but the problem is that all the files it’s looking for are .tpl files. I don’t know if it matters or not, but this is a demo account I’m trying to load it onto.

I’ve been trading the original system on the 5min chart with swing zz minbars set to 5 and TP/SL at 20 with some success, it seems that my biggest problem has been being at the computer when it’s time to enter a trade. So to fix the problem I activated the swing_zz e-mail alert which I set to send a text to my phone every time a new dot appears, so drawing signal lines is no problem. Then to be there to enter the trade I have a trendline alert which I’ve tried to modify to send e-mails but I can’t figure out how to make it stop sending e-mails every tic that the price crosses the trendline, once per bar would be nice. I’ve attached the modified indicator, any help would be appreciated.

TrendLine Alert.zip (851 Bytes)

EA 1.4 and EA1.4A does’nt work on my MT4.
Must have indicator SuperTrend.ex4 for work ?
So i use 1.3 for this time…

(sorry for my bad english)

Will you please post a screenshot of the error message and/or your folder set up? I have mine running on a demo account as well; I’m missing that Super Trend indicator so it isn’t working for me, but I’m not having a .tpl problem.

hi guys i have installed both vesions 1.1 and 1.4 and the smiley face in the corner is still sad, cant get it to work and i do have the trend indi instaled and on the screen, help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Podz

Here you go. the first shot is showing that I have the file. The second shot is showing the folder that the file is in, but it’s not showing up as a file I can load.

Yeah - it looks like you have put it into the “Templates” folder. It needs to go in the “Experts” folder. Go up one level and look for the other folder.

I saw that folder and had it there first, but it wouldn’t find it. I’ll try it again though.

Going to post latest forward test

Hello Guys,

Just short update about Forward-test, My settings are:
Swing_ZZ = 0 / SuperTrend = 5 / 4.4 / EA = minibars 0, SL_SAR max 0.01 / TP = 15
I’m running it on pairs: M1 charts (usdchf,usdjpy,audusd,eurjpy,eurusd,gbpusd,gbpjpy)

So, far it’s going bad… very bad:

Details:

There are so many fake outs that I begin to wonder if I should change the short signal instead of long and work the other way around.

I will keep updating till get tired of it :slight_smile:

Cheers.