Simple & almost naked. The dream date or the dream system?

try using the 5min chart, the 1min chart is quite unreliable too many fake trades, also the jpy pairs can be a bit unpredictable. i find eurusd,gbp,usd and audusd and usdcad nice to trade with either one or more.

don’t gone up that’s all part of testing. Edison had over 100 fails before he got it right… we would all be in the dark without his ’enlightening’ invention.

were get there I’d you find anything that works or does not work let us know :slight_smile:

Hello,

i saw on your Myfxbook that you are using a EA Blizard EA - v1.4 + CloseTradeEA - 5Minibar. Can You tell me please what a settings you have on this EA and how can i attach two EA-s Blizard EA + CloseTradeEA on a same chart? When i attach one EA and than after that the second EA than the first one disapear.

Tell me please all this because i want to test it on a live account with micro size lots so we have also one forward test with live account. Thank You

Hope that we find all 100 fails in demo testing only…and all success runs on real accounts… :slight_smile:

Hello,

can anybody help regarding this EA? What is a actual version with a best settings? Also i have attached the Blizard EA 1.4A to my chart but no trades will be executed. Should i copy any indicators to indicators folder or i only have to attach the EA and it iw working without any indicators?

Hi guys, i want to clear some things up and apologise for any confusion caused as with the version of the EA i posted, i did not intend on creating two forks of the EA.

First with regards to the 1.4 & 1.4-A version of the EA it is buggy and the fixes applied to it were only patches until Dinesh had time to come back to the EA.

The 1.4-A EA is a bit of a rollercoaster.

It is slightly in profit at the moment, but i would not suggest using it on a live account in its present form.

I highly recommend we go back to the original strain of the EA. Dinesh posted his latest updated EA above (v1.1). To save us all a headache and to get back on track lets simply use Dinesh’s latest EA above and go from there?

If we all concentrate on that version of the EA it should make things easier for development. This is the version i will be concentrating on from next week so were all looking at the same EA.

Ok back to the EA, regardless of current performance of any version of the EA has anyone seen if Lauer or SuperTrend is better at determining the trend direction?

Here is an idea, what if we used both so we entered a trade on confirmation of both pointing in the same direction ?

So we use Lauer on the 1 hour chart and then SuperTrend on the 5min chart, both point for a buy we go for buy, both sell then sell. Im not sure if this would help improve overall profits, what do you guys think ?

OK thank You for your information so we can stick with version from danish. Tell me please when i attach the ea to my chart do i also have to attach any indicators or the ea is enough. Thanks

hey guys

im relatively new to this thread, and after a few emails to and frow from sandy i have instaled 1.4 on mt 4 whith no trades at the moment, i think the trouble is that there are now so many pages to go and scroll through now to find out exactly wot the latest ea is and wot to run it with, i.e wich ind ect. that people are not getting any where, i notice now that the 1.4 is now buggy.

I am prepared to put the time in and run this live on a spread account with minimum position size, just because i would like to see how it is on live, i know there should be no difference but you never know!

If some one could let me have the following i will install and run it for a few days and then i can post my findings after a few days so we can start to go forward again,

1. EA V1.1, meant to be the last one that gave good results
  2. information on where to go in the EA and change position size to minimum as i will be live!!.
  3. Exactly what els is needed to be installed, and where it is meant to be put for this to work like, super trend ind or not, and what ever else is needed to be installed.

many thanks

Podz

Please can somebody give a replay here how we can use a EA here. We want to test it also with many currency pairs and different setting.
I would test a latest official version and also i would like to test the version 1.4 from Sandybeach. So please can you post all the files here needed to lunch the EA sucessfully. Thank You

Ok, so Lauer should be running on H1 and supertrend on 5min. Let me code this in EA then. Lauer timeframe will be a input parameter and supertrend timeframe will be same as running chart.

Do you see any other way to improve performance.??

Hello,

i have asked many times if somebody can tell me how to use this EA as i want to test it? Can i only copy the EA to my MT4 experts folder and this is all i need to run this EA or i also need indicators that i must copy to my indicators folder. Also does this indicators must be also attached to a chart or not. And last is can anybody from you put all files needed for this EA in one post. Thank You

Yes simply place the EA in the experts folder, close and re-open MT4 and then go to your chart and double click the EA and it will add it onto the chart and then ensure the smiley face is active.

Take a look here:

www.earnforex.com/blog/2007/07/metatrader-expert-advisros-users/

All you need is the SwingZZ, SuperTrend and Lauer indicators which are a few posts back.

For the record v1.4 is a bit of a rollercoaster, you may get huge profits one day but losses the next. The drawdown was averaging between 10% and 25%, so i would not advise continuing with that version of the EA.

I would advise everyone to concentrate on the versions of the EA Dinesh is working on. Test with that one. The v1.4 has bugs in it, which nobody will be working on fixing, so go with Dinesh’s one as he will fix bugs spotted in it.

Also the v1.4 never set the TP so you had to close trades manually or have an EA to close them.

I would prefer to draw a line in the sand with this version of the EA, any improvements, suggestions or recommendations pease suggest them so we can work on having them incorporated in Dinesh’s EA

Here is my logic if we have one trend indicator on the hourly chart and then one on the 5Min chart im hoping this would be enough to filter the bad trades since we are using both to indicate which direction to trade in.

Lets start with this and then once we have had one days forward test we can analyse the results and see what happens. It might be enough to tip the balance in our favour. Also trading with the minibars at 5 might be good also, but everyone has had succcess from setting this to 0 through 5 so i don’t think changing this setting will make a huge difference.

What i’ll do is wait for Dinesh’s new EA with the Lauer and then stick on a forward test and see what happens. SuperTrend did work quite nicely.

The Lauer on the H1 and SuperTrend on 5Min.

Simply with SuperTrend i think the EA would be profitibale running 24/7. I would of had a 30% increase on a $100 account in almost two weeks. So not to be sniffed at, so providing we can get the bugs fixed and improve profit it should do well.

Also Dinesh could you make the Lauer option a true/false so i can run two versions of your EA one without Lauer active and one with Lauer active just to compare performance :slight_smile:

Thanks

Hello Guys,

just short update regarding the forward-test: minibars 0 and Lauer are working much better than SuperTrend running alone.
I’m also using dineshydv’s version.

However, it seems that some whips triggered fake trades time-to-time.

Any Idea how to avoid it?

ex1:

ex2:

Cheers.

hi guys

im running EA v1.1 23sep, its triggered a few trades today, none in profit though :(, wich i can handle, the trouble is some of the trades are opening with no SL or TP levels wich is a worry as i have to be in front of my lap top or turn the ea,s off, any ideas please, and im not that good with diving in to the settings so go slow lol

many thanks

When the EA and indicators are copyed to a MT4 folder and the EA is attached to a chart. Do we make a minibar setting in the EA or we make the settings in SwingZZ indicator. Thank You

just to update, after running EA v1.1-23sep today, it seemed to go a bit mad and opened up 25 trades, all short, on 5 min TF on EUR/USD from 5.00 pm until 8.30 pm uk time, it was funny to see but not sure if this is right , cld any shed some light on this please!

thanks

Minibars should be set the same in the EA and in the Swing ZZ indicator

Also what minibar level are you using ?

Hey guys its been a while, just though I would check in to see how things were progressing. Took a little break from trading and now I’m back. How are you all doing?

well this was what i got pre-rate announcement.

Hi everyone, I am using Blizard’s original Simple Almost Naked Strategy manually. I was just wondering is anyone else here trading this strategy anymore and what trailing stop size do you use if any? Im trying -15 pips including spread which is mostly around -2.5 pips on my FXCM platform. Thanks

Hi Blizard, good to see you back again. Just a quick question… Do you currently use a trailing stop when trading your method? How do you find that works out for you? Thanks.