Simple GBPUSD Strategy (No Indicator Needed)

As is said in the documentation of the commercial “1minuteDaily” system - which seems to be a very similar -although more polished- manifestation of the basic ideas of melodica`s wonderful and FREE system.

Youll find there also lots of hints for other pairs/times.

Regards

baby24

After I recovered my last weeks losses I got a hit this week.All my own fault though.If I had stuck to the original rules I’d be in good profit.
I have to work on my discipline.No more manual manipulation to the original rules.
all in all if you stick to the rules in the first post by Melodica,this system will make profit.

You will find it helpful to go through the babypips school course here. Or maybe you already have. :slight_smile:

Yeah, slight problem with that. Alpari UK seem to want a 30 pip minimum distance from the price on pending/stop orders. So if the range (difference bet. high and low prices) is small, and the price is close to the upper end of the range at the time of placing the order, I cannot place a buystop for maximum + 2 pips.

Anybody know anything about this, ie, a way round it?

@ Harri,
I haven’t had that problem before.I’m using Oanda…It’s ok but the only problem is transferring money.I live in middle east and the only way to transfer is via bank account,and the banks here just rip you off…
Well,a middle east saying,“what to do”.

Hi Guys, just been reading about this system which looks interesting. I have recently started using Market Maker (CMC Markets) and can’t quite see how I would set up this type of trade! I can set a Stop Buy at 2 + max and then an add if done for my stop loss but don’t have the option for take profit! Can any one help?!!!

Thanks melodica for your post. Good thread. Keep going.

I dont see Melodica here for a while.is he or she will be gone from this thread?
regards
fred

An EA that gives you the info you need to place the buystop and sellstop trades manually - please note, it does NOT place the trades for you! Written to run in GMT time (where I am). Some parameter explanation as follows:

1. startHour - number of hours before midnight, e.g. “3” is 9pm the previous day
  2. endHour - number of hours after midnight, e.g. “4” is 4am today
  3. slFactor - multiplier for SL; 1 SL = range (ie, where “range” is the difference between high and low prices)
  4. tpFactor - multiplier for taking profit. 1 TP = range.

Just rename the file from “UsefulInfo-1.doc” to “UsefulInfo-1.ex4”

This EA is unsupported :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

HarriBabyPips

P.S. - I discovered that this EA needs an offset for the brokers server time to match mine, so I added this as an external parameter (offset). Also removed “brokerStop” as an ext. parameter.

Hi
i have tried it on 4 didgit broker and did not work at all.it would be nice if you explain where we have to put those file just for assurence.
i put ex4 files on export,but there are 2 EAs.how can we use both at the same time.mq4 files i put in exports too.
regards
Fred

Hi,

The below mentioned procedure to put the EA in the experts folder is correct. If you have two different EAs, then please try putting one of them on a separate chart of the same pair. This EA only creates pending orders and only at a given Broker’s time. So, it wont be a problem working with other EAs on the same chart. I tested it on FxCompany Metatrader demo platform and the only problem I had was the stop loss, which needed to be at certain pip distance from the market price. Otherwise, the pending order is not created and an error is encountered. I did not know how to handle this. Hence, I made an alert to notify of the high and low and the difference so that a manual pending order can be placed. Hope this helps.

Prem

in that zip file i downloded there are 2 EAs.why we need 2 EAs?
regards
fred

Hi Fred,

The following files are included in the zip file.

1. Melodica System-Original.mq4
  2. P4L Clock.mq4
  3. Calc Timeshifts.ex4
  4. Melodica System-Original.ex4

The first file is the source code, that is, if you want to change anything the EA performs, you can modify it in this file and then compile it in MetaEditor. This will output an .ex4 file, which you can copy to experts folder and then add to the chart from the metatrader platform. Please note, it is the .ex4 file that is added to the charts (the EA actually) and this creates the pending orders. So, the fourth file is actually the EA - the .ex4 file, which needs to placed in the experts folder. But there is nothing wrong in placing the corresponding .mq4 source code file in the experts folder.

The second file - P4L Clock.mq4 is an indicator which needs to be added to the indicator folder inside experts folder and then added to the charts. This is used to show the current times of different time zones, including your broker time and the current local time on your computer.

The third file - Calc Timeshifts.ex4 is actually a script which is also placed in the indicator folder inside experts folder. This shows the different time offset the broker is. You can use it to know how much +/- GMT time difference the broker is from the GMT time. It also shows the same information for the local computer time.

The second and third files are used to help one determine values for the setting BrokerGMTHour of the EA.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Prem

thanks for the info.
so if my broker time is GMT+1,what should i put in
BrokerGMTHour?
regards
Fred

how were the results this past week guys?

Hi Guyz!
am new here and in this forex thing. pls could the above system work with Alpari broker (ECN). Is this advicable?

Your EA does not work at all.is anybody else tried it and have the same problem?
still we don’t know, what number we have to put in brokerGMTHour?
regards
Fred

Yes the EA for me hasnt placed any pending trades, or done anything at all for that matter…please advice soldiers :slight_smile:

well I placed the order manually, but G/U hasn’t done anything today. just going sideways

EST+5 =GMT except when the clocks change then it is +4 for a couple of weeks