Simple london breakout

hey gary
ive been looking at this system for the last month and demo ing it.
also like you live trading at 50p pips, tweaking a bit from the OP but as based in U.K. can follow nearly all day if i want to. not setting and forgetting though, but making some pips on a dauily basis.
there only seems to be a bout 6 guys following this, and when i found the thread it was something i was looking for
so happy trading, and speak soon

dave

Hey Hiccup. I’ll email it to you in a few… I just got back from vacation and need to get caught up :slight_smile:

Of course OandA is doing maintenance so I can’t get into my account. I have one long-term trade on using the double Bollinger Band set up and I think I am up a couple hundred pips but need to get in to confirm.

Hi Dave,
Thanks, Yes I live in the UK.
This week made some good pips, but only trading after news.

I think its hard going at the moment for all traders very choppy.
So nice that this is still working.

Hi knotthead. Would be very interested in the double bollinger band system you mention. Happy trading guys

Hey knotthead, can I get a PM or email about the double bollinger you were talking about? I know there’s one from kathy lien’s book. Is it the same one?

Hey Jayjb et al.

Yeah it’s the same one from Kathy’s book. I looked at it in grave detail on both FX charts as well as on some stock charts that I have positions on. It seems to be very legit. Basically you set the two Bollinger bands at 20.2 and 20.1. You can use hourly or daily charts depending on your comfort level, but basically if the candle closes in-between or higher than the upper two bands then the trend is confirmed and it is a buy. If the candle closes within or below the two lower bands the short trend is confirmed. You do miss some of the initial run prior to the close within the respected bands, but for most of the time, if you were to place an open position based on the rules and sell once it closes outside of the bands, it works. I placed a short on the EUR/USD based on the daily chart a few days ago before I left Poland (vacation). When I got home my 300 pip TP was hit. I like this as well as the London Break Out system because it isn’t something you have to watch every second.

Sorry to post the Double Bollinger details on the London Break Out thread…but several of you were interested and it is a bit of a set it and forget it system like the LBO system so I thought I’d share. It’s extremely simple and seems to be working. I use that on the EUR/USD pairing and I use the Simple London Break Out system on the GBP/USD pair and I seem to be making, on average, about 400-450 pips a week in my demo account. I’ll soon be trying these systems on a live/real money account.

I love the LBO system and again, sorry to hijack this thread with the double B details :slight_smile:

My TP was hit the first day back on the London Break Out System…yay! 54 pips in the positive. I love this system! Thanks Nutrader for sharing this!

Oh the double bollingers is quite a good strategy, it helps to spot emerging trends prior to its emergence too but only to a certain extent.

I used to use the double bollinger method alot until my ill discipline led to my account to be wiped out and i lost faith in most of my strategies regardless of success rate.

Roger that Jayjb. I’m trying to be as disciplined as possible with both strategies. I guess it is fear and lack of discipline that ruins pretty much all trading plans :slight_smile: Still demo-ing these two but making good progress with both.

Glad you’re getting back on the trading wagon!

Anyone else get their SL triggered yesterday too? Tough goings this week but still n positive pip territory. Hoping for a nice Friday run today!

I have found it to be a pretty choppy month so far. Last month was solid, i think the strategy is still solid.

Agreed Jungle. I mean, take this AM for instance. What to do when it breaks both sides of the 8AM candle :slight_smile: I guess that’s a “no trade” day.

Got it, thanks Knotthead

Knotthead, what is the Name of Kathy Lien’s book. And is there any more to know than what you have described to effectively use her system. In other words, If I do what you have described will I be successful or do I need to read the book.

Cool Hiccup. Yeah I figured I’d just post it on this thread.

After a couple of trying days, we finally had a London Break Out this morning. Anyone catch it? I missed it due to my snooze button. So mad. Ah well, try again tomorrow.

I dont see any breakout on the gu. Also, I am having a very hard time finding setups for the TMS system. I either miss them by getting to them too late or There are just no setups. I read on another thread that you have to zoom in and then out in some particular way to accurately judge the TDI but I am not clear how to do this on my keyboard. Does anyone know anything about this?

The name of her book is ‘Little Book of Forex Trading’. It was a quick read. I was looking more for strategies when I read it, and the only one that I got out of it was the double bollinger band one. I would recommend the book to give you more insight on Forex, but if you are looking for more strategy-like material I would say pass.

Here is a link I found that gives you the defined steps of the double bollinger band indicator:
4 Rules For Using THE Most Useful Technical Indicator, Double Bollinger Bands | Global Markets

I have seen bollinger band pair settings on:
20,2 and 20,-2
20,2 and 20,1

I use the second one since my OandA charting won’t allow for -2. Also, I only have been using it on daily charts and letting the position run but it seems to be legit for shorter term trading as well.

Give it a shot on demo and see what you think!

Thank you very much. Maybe I can return the favor. Have you heard of the method called Trading made simple. It is very effective and making pips for alot of people. It can be found on forex factory and also on this site but on this site it is under a different name. I think here it is called Big E system because the creators name begins with E. Good trading all

Knotthead on the settings for the DBB what do you set the deviations to. When I set it up using 20-2 and 20 2 it does not give enough space in between the lines for viewing. also true of 20 1.

Hiccup.

Here is a screenshot of my chart as of 2 minutes ago. I get a decent sized target area when I use 20,2 and 20,1. You may just need to zoom in. With OandA you can use the + and - symbols on the bottom to zoom. Not sure which application you are using but whichever one you should be able to zoom.