Smart FX Technology

Hi Robert,
first thanks for your great support. Yesterday i decided to give your combo pack a chance and bought it. After a lil prob with the access code, everthing is fine. Thanks for great support. Now i installed the package and went back to the forum here. I read your todays post and have a question.
Would u suggest to let them scalpers sleep, and just use the breakout hunter? This is how i understand your text. And could we do that remote session? I am asking because i only got 1 year of forex impression, its my first fxrobot and i am still a lil bit unsure with all those settings. Thank you so far for beeing here in that forum helping us, and a special thank to Jonnykanoo who is testing new products with his real money and telling us his experiences with those fxrobots. I think this is not usual for many people and you are a great help for many people and their decision to buy an EA or let it be! Thank you so far!!

Many greets to everybody

sanikki187

Robert, thanks for the insight of possibilities to come. The EA’s have proven (to me anyway) that they can handle my first and foremost rule… Preservation of Capital. It so far has recovered in drops and that is important to me. Personally I feel I need to weather the storms and capture months like we had in December. That being said, my account will probably drop another 10% :19: Have a good weekend everyone.

Tim

Only because you have pushed regularly to treat them as a group saying that they hedge each other. Of course that being said I’ll give it until a month of trading or a 45 days from the paypall purchase to give it a chance.

Well, another week is in the books. So far, my Live account is down over 14% since Jan 9.

Considering how the markets have been acting, I am pleased with how much of my initial capital I still have. Other EAs I have been testing have not fair as well. Some had over 35% drop in capital - OUCH!!

I still have great faith in Robert, his team and these EAs.

Here’s to next week.

Happy Trading!

Hello Sanikki187,
Selecting which pairs to trade or which robot to use according to last week’s performance is not the idea. You are sure to miss much of the good action. I leave everything running on default all the time. That is the main point of automated trading, to leave them alone…
The only exception to this rule was after the Japanese tsunami and subsequent interventions, where it was clear that the market was not tradable. But unless something as definite as this is going on, I just leave them alone.
As far as the day-to-day volatility issues, the News Filter takes care of most predictable problems. So unless you know something that the News calendar does not know, just let them trade…

@Hamno hang in there buddy. I know draw downs suck but they are a part of life. I manged to give back some profit and I just opened a PAMM account for my friends and family. Talk about pressure. I told them that there money would be safe with me and I believe that to be true. Smart FX Tech is still a great. The hallmark of a pro is to think in terms of how much can I lose? Not how much can I gain. Don’t get me wrong obviously were all in this to make money. I’m just saying that with these lousy markets we are doing pretty good.

I don’t know if you trade a lot of ea’s or at least more than one. For me I trade several ea’s with the aim of having a smoother equity curve. I am focused on steady gains but I am more focused on preserving capital. I think these ea’s are doing great at preserving capital and I am confident that they will be in profit in no time. There are many ea’s that promise huge returns and usually it is at the expense of bigger risk. These ea’s offer us a balance of a reasonable return and a tiny draw down. I hope you don’t give up on these. If anything keep testing in the background (off your main account) and also maybe lower the risk on these ea’s for a couple of weeks. This crap period will end and we will end up making green pips its just a matter of being patient.

Besides look at Robert’s commitment to these ea’s. There is no developer that I am aware of that is as focused as him. He understands the markets and he understands his methods. I really hope you give these ea’s a chance.

I’ve been around the block and I have tried so many ea’s and test so many other ea’s. Right now as we speak I am probably testing 10 different ea’s. Many ea’s will come and go but I feel confidant these ea’s will do well in the long run and are well worth there price.

you can’t build a solid house without bricks. the bricks are missing in these market conditions. the EAs are out of bricks right now.

I think the bricks are our psychology.

You could take a great system and give it to someone who suffers from fear or greed and they will run it into the ground or you could take a marginal system and with proper balance in your thinking make it profitable.

It really boils down to psychology. Some folks will give up and they will be onto the next thing and when this market turns around and we are earning our money back they will be left behind.

I guess what I’m saying is hang in there these drawdown periods are to be expected, winning streaks are to be expected too so we will be happy to see that I’m sure.

\I’m rambling now :smiley: ow well I am quite happy with these ea’s!

Thank you for the reply Robert, I think it may have put things in perspective for a lot of people.

Robert in your webpage, im seeing some interesting backtests, the only problem is that they have a modelling quality of 25% do you have some 99% or 90% to show us?

thanks in advance for your support and everithing else.

hello Arbolive,
Earlier in this thread the issue of the 25% vs 90% was discussed at length.
[B]That is a quirk with the MT4 rating method.[/B]
If I run the same tests on Period:M5, it will give me 90% rating for my test. The results would be somewhat similar to the tests we use, done with Period:M1, but not quite as good when compared with the actual trades placed by a Real Account, with the same broker, even though the MT4 rates at the M1 test at 25%.
MT4 believes that if the data you have is in smaller TF than the setting you use in the test mode, it can interpolate values and get more accurate results. This is bogus because we are still referring to M1 data. I have run all kinds of variations and the one that compares best with actual Real account results of the same broker is testing on Period:M1 using the M1 data we harvest ourselves from our broker, year after year (none of that Metaquotes bland data you download, that is averaged out from many brokers and sweetens results).

The only way to get 99% using M1 period testing is with tick data, which is not available, since when the MT4 harvests data as it trades day after day, it does not save tick data, but M1 data, because it is the chart that is opened and is logging in price bars.
If you want to run tick data from Dukas, as other traders like to do, you will find results that you cannot duplicate, since Dukas does not use the MT4 platform, so they are useless to us. By the way, we also run these tests and they did not resemble the Real Account results any better, at all.
So much for 90%.
What counts is accuracy when you compare results with a Real Account.

A lot of people put weight into backtests. When I first started I did too but I quickly realize that nothing compares to live forward tests to tell you if an ea is profitable or not.

please don’t believe the demo performance for scapler forex system too much!!!

Robert, could you show the real account performance with large capital (for small capital, the performance is not good. you explained many times) so that we can understand more about this EA.

thanks for the explanation robert.

Hector,
Last friday we moved funds from another account into the Real Account we have in myfxbook, so the balance will be close to 2k, so we can see the results of properly funding an account.
I’ll keep you guys posted when they actually credit it, so it becomes the account to watch.

Hi Robert,

How come your real account hasnt traded today? Has anyone else had trades?

Fraz,
My VPS and MB Trading could not talk to each other for about 5 hours, I missed all the good action. They kept blaming each other… very upsetting.
I am getting tired of my vps, might look for a new one if this happens again, twice this year already…

ah i see, dont worry you also missed the eurcad trade which is currently -100 pips. but the thing is that it was in about 20 pips profit but didnt close around 09:40am according to my MT4 time but it was earlier than that?

Hi Fraz,
For Breakeven closing the EurCad cannot be under 3 pips after 7:50 gmt, all positions combined. It was never close to that.

PS: Eventually it did close at Breakeven a few hours later, with a minor gain, a couple of hours before the new scalping session started.

Mine took a few trades overnight, haven’t counted them yet, but the account was up just over 1%…