Smart FX Technology

Thanks for always replying back Robert.

Robert, any chance you can get the robot to close the trade when it is in profit, i have often noticed some trades in the past have been in the positive, but ended up closing in the negitive. I hope you will be able to include or improve this feature in the new update.

thanks again Robert

Hi Still Learning
You are asking to cut our winnings short! There is no way to tell when the market will turn, and if you arbitrarily quit the position at less than TP, might as well reduce the TP altogether. In this case the P/L ratio will fall and it will not work.
Having said that, we are working on a way to do what you ask but only ā€œafter closing hoursā€, once the scalping hours are behind us. More on this on the next update, a couple of months down the line.

I really appreciate your input, Still learning. I do hear what you are sayingā€¦
Many, many ideas start in exchanges like this one and find their way to improvements in the strategy. Kudos.

[QUOTE= More on this on the next update, a couple of months down the line.[/QUOTE]

niceeee, how many months are we talking Robert?

please make it happens before world ends this year :cool:

Arbolive,
Testing is under way.
We are always improving the EAs, as you know, testing this or that new idea.
Each improvement will be release when ready, after the usual backtesting and forward testing is done.
My estimate is that we will be done before hell freezes over the European debt crisis. :cool:

Just to be clear, we do not expect this to change the profitability of the strategy.
It would probably cut down a bit on drawdown. But the strategy and itā€™s expected profitability will remain about the same. Closing positions early is easy on the stomach but does not produce more pips.
We are considering the changes to be an ā€œoptionalā€ setting that would allow traders to choose a more conservative approach to the strategy.

After 2 false starts for the year Iā€™m back to 0 again! Sure wish Iā€™d have started on January 22nd. Iā€™d be up 6% now! Iā€™m just happy to have been able to recover from the bad days.

Tim

Hi Robertā€¦ I was thinking, almost strategies are based on the historical, patterns and current data.
Based on it, would you not use indicators to try gather when the market turn ? Because sometimes we can identify cleary patterns that would be a reversal. Does your EAs already identify it ?

Best regards

ā€œIf you want to run tick data from Dukas, as other traders like to do, you will find results that you cannot duplicate, since Dukas does not use the MT4 platform, so they are useless to us. By the way, we also run these tests and they did not resemble the Real Account results any better, at all.
So much for 90%.ā€
+++++++++++++++++++
Hi, Robert. Can you explain why Dukas tick data is of no use? It can be converted to the MT4 format.
The info on this on Birtā€™s site eareview.net
I used Birtā€™s method and got 99% quality of test results (not for Smartfx, but for an EA I wrote myself).
Another way is to write tick data to a file in real time, so than you have the most reliable data for the
given broker. However, you cannot generate the past data that way, of course.
I would appreciate your view.

Robert,

Iā€™m happy iā€™m able to contribute in some way. We all want this EA to work in the best possible way.

Thanks for always keeping us informed.

Cheers

well today has been awesome! all of my accounts are in profit from these eaā€™s. See just a little patience goes a long way.
two days and nothing but green pips and +2.15% back into my account

Yeah, so far itā€™s been a good week, hope I donā€™t jinx it with this post :slight_smile:

I have been using this EA since October last year. Best one by far, even with all the EU rubbish that going on. The best feature ever was the ability to stop trading around fundamental releases.

Hereā€™s the link to myfxbook accountā€™s. The first one is my real account, with IBFX, the 2nd one is just some contest that myfxbook started a few days after I signed up; thought Iā€™d throw the EAs on there just to see what happens. The contest is through VantageFX. I havenā€™t taken any manual trades on either account, and the settings are default.

IBFX Real
MT4-6109405 System | Myfxbook

VantageFX Contest Demo
Contest - S1L1K0N System | Myfxbook

Thank you. Are these accounts MD only? they seem to trade far more often than mine or anyone else over @ donnaforex?

Would you share your settings? PM if you wish.

Hey tradingshed, Iā€™m not sure what the acronym MD means?

My settings for the MS (Master Scalper) and BH (Breakout Hunter) are the defaults that come with v9.0.1. If youā€™d like, I can still post themā€¦

Greetings All,

Well, it is great to see MS/BH recovering. I am up over 4% for the week. Although I am still down for the year, I feel the worst is over for now. Time to rebuild and climb out of this pit.

BTW - As I had mentioned earlier on in the thread, I submitted a trading systemfor the Art of Automation for the month of February. You are all welcome to take a look and let me know what you think.

Happy Trading!

itā€™s certainly great to see MS and BH doing well. Iā€™m wondering if I had something wrong in my settings, as I managed to draw down by approx 13% over January. At the moment, the last 28 trades have been winners, and Iā€™m only 7% down. For seom reason, if I remote desktop from 2 locations, I sometimes get a different desktop. Iā€™m wondering if this might have accidentally caused 2 sets of MT4 to runā€¦ Itā€™s certainly a learning curve this game !

Thanks to Robert again for creating this EA. Iā€™ve learnt a lot so far from using it, and will continue to do so.

wrong threadā€¦sorry :frowning: ignore

Yes it will if you use 2003 on you VPS! Learned the hard way :slight_smile: If you log on from two different locations it might open two MT4 or perhaps you think you have closed it while one is still running!

I prefer 2008 even if it uses a bit more resources.

I have been there too. This happens if you yourself configure RDP connections on two different machines that you log on from. A better way is to use a web link that your VPS should publish on their website. Just save this link in your private email (hotmail, yahoo, etc.). When you click on this link, a small RDP config file is loaded via your browser and an RDP connection starts by itself. This way you can never start another session as your VPS would not allow it (they see that you have a connection already open). They do not see a second connection open if you do it a different way.

what everyone is saying is be sure you do not log into console mode from more than one location otherwise you will be ā€œdoubleing downā€ My vps automatically allows only one console login at a time. Is that because it is 2008? Anyway be careful or you may be doubling your risk.