So why does everyone not use leverage?

Yes, and it is very important for traders like us to make the use of correct trading leverages. This way we are safe and are able to get more income from our trading … :slight_smile:

I dont know, They not sure of their system and the market behavior Also leveraging up must set to a plan if its for scalping
Many shady answers on a forum never direct to point what to do imclude my answers

Hi,

If there is someone who is not using leverage than that is probably someone who doesn’t believe in his/her own system. If a trader has a good trading strategy than leverage will just boos his/hers profits and opposite, with bad trading strategy leverage will greatly increase the losses.

Leverage is the backbone of forex and we can not survive in forex without leverage. Its provided by the broker and we should choose the leverage according to our investment, its is compulsory and avail this facility provided by the broker.

yeah, leverage is a duoble edged sword, depending on how you use it, it can mean good profit but it also means bad loses, so be careful with the leverage usage, most my trades at hotforex are on a 1:500 leverage but using micro lots and small trades to do so, nothing too crazy.

Yeah, it’s true a number of institutional Forex traders are not interested to add higher trading leverage in their live chat, but retail traders are mainly using high trading leverage service. Basically, trading leverage is really useful trading service for traders but depending on high trading leverage is a bad tradition.

When a trader has good knowledge then he or she can use standard trading lot size based on high leverage, so trading leverage is not bad thing actually. But we need to know how to use it.

Smart. Using larger lots than your account can handle is suicide. You can survive for a while but eventually the markets will surprise you with some massive spike out of nowhere. With smaller lots you can handle most losses well.

Yes using small lot size will different compared use big lot size, although if get profit will get huge profit but use smallest lot size will more enjoy and can maintain account from quick margin call if making mistake in analysis

Don’t know if it’s just me, but comments like this suggest that leverage is a much-misunderstood concept. Rambo and bearish must say, bit disappointed, expect more than this twatter that the others responded with.

It isn’t.

I gave up on the thread quite a while back. It’s full of complete nonsense (as you suggested, but much more tactfully than I).

Leverage is, as you say, very widely misunderstood. (To be fair, the section dedicated to it in the “School” pages, here, are not exactly a [I]forte[/I] :8: ) .

In case of spikes like 40-50 pips especially in case of any significant events brokers must refund traders because forex market is know for its best liquidity and triggering stops in such mean way is a clear signal broker wipes out clients accounts utilizing the strategy of stop-hunting.
Never noticed such nuisances caused by Hotforex cuz I believe they run STP model and use aggregate liquidity from several providers to avoid any spikes.

If you believe that, you probably believe in the tooth fairy and Father Christmas as well. Pray show us where any brokers T&C’s say they will refund your losses when there is a 40 or 50 pip spike

Leverage is very important and it depend on your system. It depend on every traders own capital.

I agree with you, I think its not possible for a retail trader to trade without using leverage.

We can not do forex without leverage and everyone use the leverage, I never see any person who is trading without using leverage. Leverage is the key to do forex and we should use the 1:500 leverage in order to get the fruitful result from forex.

Yes retailer traders need leverage for trading because they had not much capital to trade 1:1 in forex market . I must say popularity of forex is due to leverage too , Now we can trade with less investment having in trading account use leverage and enjoy trading.

I have a question. My credit score isn’t too good after coronavirus. Will this affect me being able to use leverage?

Here you can calculate how fast you can lose all your money with high leverage:
https://www.from1tomillion.com/forex-profit-calculator.html

And I only used up to 1:50 in my script…1:100 or more is nuts…on gbp pairs, it can take 1 second to blow up an account trading with leverage as high.

In my opinion, many traders use high leverage. It all depends on how much you are willing to earn and risk at the same time. It really depends on your overall trading objectives.

High leverage is a double-edged sword. While it can results in high profits, it can also results in high losses. It also depends on the lot size you wish to use, there exists an inverse relationship between the two. A small lot size with a high leverage and a big lot size with a low leverage works perfect.