Somewhat Perfect

Have you traded any of these yourself? It would be helpful if you posted live trades so we can see how they progress

That is not necessary.
Think it through.
Iā€™ve got better things to do with my time than spoon feed.
And besides, we all have to do it for ourselves.
Iā€™m not encouraging anyone to do anything.
What I have pointed out is blatantly obvious, and for me the only thing of worth on any candlestick chart.
If anyone else finds it helpful - which in my opinion everyone should, great, if not, so be it.

And here I thought that you were attempting to strip away all the norms, maybe take afresh and untainted look at things, and maybe come up with something new. I even backed you on this earlier in the thread. But your response to @eddieb clears thing up on no uncertain terms. So actually all we have here is some or the other indicator thatā€™s real accurate in hindsight and repaints to boot. And so far as I can tell: paints a red or blue dot or square depending oh whether it was an up close or a down close. If it could do that at the open of the next bar and be right: now that would be something. But it cannot and never will be able to do that. So good luck with that. Another waste of peopleā€™s time and energy evidently.

1 Like

Again, just to clarify -

The Candlestick Chart Pictures I have posted on this thread simply show what to me would have been Somewhat Perfect candlestick Low and High price locations to have entered or stop and reverse entered at or as soon as possible after based on the profit enabling price movement that followed.
The blue and red circles and squares highlighting these price locations are not an indicator, they are simply screenshot annotations that have been added.
The candlestick charts are otherwise blank, without indicators on them.
I donā€™t trade using indicators.
My candlestick chart is blank.
Iā€™ve highlighted where I would want to enter or stop or reverse enter, either at or as soon as possible after that circled or squared candlestick Low or High price.

I donā€™t post often as Iā€™m busy. Too many pips to be made.

That has clarified things. Thank you. Goodbye.

1 Like

I actually think I prefer the bots and fake accounts. At least you can see those coming.

As long as one is making enough pips profit, using whatever method one uses, that in my opinion is what matters. I have simply shared my approach.

Well, you really havenā€™t shared your approach, youā€™ve only shared your aspirations. Iā€™ve told you this before but even that couldnā€™t prompt you to be more forthcoming.

What youā€™ve said is it would be somewhat perfect to enter short at the high of a candle or long at the low. But still not a word on how you would identify the high or low before the end of the candleā€™s period.

Actually, maybe I am wrong because you did say that all chart-based trading is guessing, so maybe youā€™re just guessingā€¦

1 Like

If you take a look at the other thread: thatā€™s EXACTLY the methodology in use i.e. guessing and itā€™s detailed in as many words. But hey: apparently itā€™s profitable what with all the pips being made. So who are we to question. Iā€™m just surprised that every new trader on this site isnā€™t lining up for whatever is drawing those squares and dots (maybe they are via PM).

1 Like

Well now youā€™re just guessingā€¦

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Mind you. Compared to some of the other stuff Iā€™ve seen you could do worse than by going long on a previous down close and short on a previous up close letā€™s face it (which pretty much seems to fit the, dare I say, ā€œmethodologyā€ being dreamed about here).

1 Like

I think the Candlestick Chart Pictures I have posted here speak for themselves with sufficient clarity.
I donā€™t think an accompanying written explanation/s was really necessary.
However in my opinion, I am self assured that the accompanying written explanations I have taken the time and care to provide are explicitly clear and so very good.