Source of High Speed Reliable Ticks

I thinks the ticks provided by my broker are running slow compared to ticks I see at a place called tradingview . com. I want to show this to my broker, so he cannot deny the delay I am seeing in the ticks he provides. Unfortunately, tradingview does not support downloading ticks. Can you recommend a source of ticks that runs reliably at good speed so can compare that to the ticks sent by my broker?

I have downloaded my brokers’s ticks. i want to show him how they lag.

You wouldn’t be able to compare like with like anyway, Sarah.

The only “ticks” you can expect from a spot forex broker are their own ticks, i.e. the transactions of their own customers. There’s no reason why those would/should/could be the same as anyone else’s spot forex/CFD ticks, anyway.

It’s a decentralized market, with no possible way of knowing, recording or displaying anything to do with collective volume or transaction-numbers (“ticks”), so the only information any “broker” can ever give you is the transaction-numbers and volumes of their own customers. (The true point, here, is that they’re not really brokers at all, though surprisingly they’re allowed to describe themselves that way. They’re actually counterparties.)

So your question above is based on a tacit assumption that’s actually a mistaken/invalid one, I’m afraid. :blush:

TradingView is not a source of data. You’re seeing the broker’s feed through TradingView. What broker data you looking at?

Holy shetola!

I need to verify my understanding of what you just told me. I am going to break it down into diffeent components.

Component 1 Name: General understanding overall.
Component 1 Value: HHHHOOOOEEEEE LLLLEEEEEEE SSSSHHHHEEEETTTTOOOLLAAAA!!

Component 2 Name: What is the data shown in live ticks of prices for EURUSD in Meta Trader 5
Component 2 Value: Before providing this information, it is necessary to verify the chart I. asking about is the same chart you are telling me about. To that end, here is a picture of the chart I am asking about:

THIS IS WHAT I CALL A TICK CHART

Component 3 Name: What is the data shown in live ticks of prices for EURUSD in Meta Trader 5?
Component 3 Value: This chart feeds data showing the trades my “broker:” makes

Component 4 Name: Validation
Component 4 Value: This chart shows all the trades my “broker” makes. it shows no other information

The chart I am looking at in Trading View. A screen shot of the chart with annotated questions is immediately below this note:

Comment: I didn’t know this chart can be fed by different brokers. I tried marking on the chart where I think the id of the broker is shown.

Questions:

1. Is it true this chart shows the trades of one broker only?

2. Does the sequence of letters “FXCM” relate to the broker whose data is displayed by this chart?

3. Do people use this kind of chart to determine when to open forex positions and when to close them?

most of the brokers have the same charts\price providers (liquidity providers)
so that’s just a moving of a price

1. Correct. That’s only FXCM’s feed.
  2. Yes, they are a retail broker.
  3. Yes, it will correlate with the rest of the market, but will be off by a few pips during times of illiquidity. You can use that fine to trade on another’s platform. Where it matters is when creating an algo to trade as you want to be precise. Best practice is to only use your broker’s feed.

I use Oanda’s EurUsd on TradingView to plan trades with Coinexx as Coinexx isn’t on TradingView. It’s reliable and liquid. Good enough to swing trade. Just don’t expect them to line up perfectly to the pip.

1 Like

Thank you for explaining those crucial fundamentals. That is information I did not know I did not know!

1 Like

This is really bad. In the lower left, this is set to a day chart. Babypips alows me only one image per post, penalty for being new. Compare this to the other chart I posted below.

The next chart in the lower left is set to 1M chart. This is 100% wrong. They have their buttons mislabeled in the lower left. No?

Top chart is the 1-minute chart of the past 1 Day.
Bottom chart is 30-min chart of the past 1 Month

1 Like

I use the candle time frame in the top between “EurUsd” and “Indicators”. Almost never use the overall on the bottom.