Speaking the Queens English

T, thanks for nothing :cry:. I mean this is not personally against you, it’s just, yet again reality bites. I had a fear of shenanigans regarding this, but since I know little or nothing about how websites function, outside of, well you know, Woodies place, hope sprang eternal, of course till you came along and shot me in the foot with a 12ga.
Disappointing, very disappointing.

The Ever Slinking Away VIPER

Your disappointment is misdirected at me, Viper, and should be directed toward the forum’s management - believe it or not, I’m on your side.

No, no, please don’t misunderstand, not towards you at all. I always appreciate the truth, even when it hurts. No worries on that account. It may be my Southern Boy talk. It’s kind of a joke when someone brings you bad news, even if it ain’t their fault, they get the blame anyway. Just a joke, not intended as, well you know.

It’s just disappointing that’s all.

The Ever Sorry VIPER

1 Like

wanted forex forum poster - Google Search

[quote]No knowledge on Forex is must. Because you can learn Forex while you working for this job. So, just learn and earn.

In this particular job you need to be interested to learn Forex or already having some knowledge on Forex. If you’re ready to learn Forex then you can easily do this job.

Broker will pay you 1$ per 50 posts. 1 post = 2 lines of sentences= 25 to 30 words

All the posts can be,

1. asking questions about Forex.
  2. Sharing your own idea
  3. Sharing your opinion
  4. Commenting others

(Just read one or two posts in each thread, then you will get some idea on how to post.)
Your each post,
5. Must be in 2 lines.
6. Must be relevant to thread topic.

No limit on number of posts you can do. But I expect minimum 10 posts per day and at least 15 days per month.

Broker pay you on monthly basis.[/quote]

Good grief.

I think this explains the number of posts I see in various places, often from India or South Asian-sounding posters, which basically say nothing.

1 Like

exactly

forums are paid when people click on advertissments

that depends on traffic, traffic depends on google rankings, google rankings and specially speed of indexing depends on the content changing quickly and often, so the more new posts, the more money, does not matter if the posts are rubbish

the income grows naturally in forums where the members stay

in forums where most leave (“retention problems” as Pipstrdamus says) they must increase the posts artifically to get the indexing and rankings and traffic and money

4 Likes

Ok, now I understand something else. I guess you can hire the same service to resurrect long dead threads because the Robot Elders think it would of interest to the readers. Ahhhh yes the Internet Of Things.

The Ever Old School VIPER

OK, so what are these robots I keep hearing about. Someone told me recently "don’t expect a reply, it is just a robot. Sooooo whats it mean man???

The Ever Wondering VIPER

someone said it before. the more klicks the more free traffic on google.

free traffic is important since advertisements (adwords and other forms of adv.) are espeiclla expensive for forums and usually never pay off (unless you have soeone backing you with big amounts of money for the first few months to get you started)

the more cross links from one side (example facebook or whatever side, fxcm, IG CMC websites, vrokers websides, even rubbish websides in india or anywhere in the world) the higher your google position is when people search for things (exmple forex, trading, etc etc)

these bots use simple structured sentences that . well. lets say… fit to some extend to the topic but dont really fit in. just rubbish standard phrazes that google soaks up. the replies to those rubbish sentences are what generates the traffic by real users, new sentences (which fit to googles search engine- yes google serches automatically any webside for relevant words. or in ther words: gogles AI reads the websides and creates crosslinks to relevant google search words).

etc. etc.

I can think of one huge thread here on BP where this might be happening, day after day of the same 3 or 4 members posting yesterday’s news

Yes but many of those posts are far longer than 2 lines - Do they get paid by the line ? the word? or just for a number of posts of 2 lines or more ?

The majority of the most annoying clutter on trading forums that I use have the same format and length., I call them “Yes, But, So” posts.

Say there’s a thread on MA crossovers, the time-waster will add something like, “(Yes) MA cross-overs are a useful tool for traders! (But) you must be prepared that some of them will be false signals. (So) the best thing a trader can do is learn as much as possible about forex.”.

Countless posts like these can be seen and they add nothing to any debate.

Thank you for breaking it down so clearly.

I do report posts that are obvious spam, but I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, especially when I think there could be language issues. Seeing just how formulaic it is will make me far more ruthless in future.

The posts I was thinking of all go along the lines of ‘yesterday price went up. I think today it will continue up unless it goes down, although it may go sideways’

1 Like

Here’s a classic Yes-But-So post from Hadden during the week here Beauty and ugliness of FX trading questions -

“We need a practice to gain knowledge by learning. Baby pips are good yes I admit. But we have to widen the range of educational source to increase trading performance. Beginner’s level should try all popular forum communities with practicing a demo or micro account. it will bring good knowledge and live experience for them.”

3 Likes

I agree with the Yes-But-So theory…but to be fair to some of these posters, you have to read between the lines of their limited, possibly translated english… Hadden, possibly middle eastern…who knows…Bueller…Bueller…Bueller…?

“We need a practice to gain knowledge by learning. Baby pips are good yes I admit. But we have to widen the range of educational source to increase trading performance. Beginner’s level should try all popular forum communities with practicing a demo or micro account. it will bring good knowledge and live experience for them.”

What he’s saying… Is that although BP is good for practice and learning, traders need to seek education from other forums, websites, blogs etc… Beginner’s should practice on a demo or micro live account to gain experience trading…

Now all of that is true… So with possibly limited english, he is just trying to join the conversion of the posts above his…We should remember that this is a beginners site… experienced traders should move to Forex Factory or other intermediate trading sites. Posts like this one should be allowed, just “passed over” by experienced members…

I get what you are saying, but the truth is that nothing has been added to the conversation by that post. It’s a platitude, at best. Even if it is genuine, is this forum really improved by having to wade through posts like that?

I have most of the subforums on this site muted, just to avoid dealing with this stuff. And that’s from back when I thought these posts were real! I’d rather adopt a ‘kill it with fire’ approach that results in a readable forum, even if that means losing a few real-but-irrelevant posts along the way.

2 Likes

Platitude, yes… I don’t have the answer… I have seen Stock Forums where the threads are set into various languages and it was a complicated unnavigable mess… I just pick and choose the threads that suit my level of comprehension and interest.

I’m an aussie, and they don’t come more racist than us…:slight_smile: But I still believe that everyone should be able to have their say… Maybe if too many incomprehensible/real-but-irrelevant posts by a particular member get flagged then maybe mods have to stop them and explain the language issue…

I love it when beginners post questions that are clearly derived from their early planning or experiences in trading. I love it when they post theories or concepts or strategies they’ve picked up and are trying out. I always try to respond courteously if its something I want to comment on. We were all beginners once.

But these Yes-Buy-So’s are just verbal diarrhoea masquerading as wisdom.

Like this from Jamesfx9 here, Skill vs. luck in Forex trading -

“You can be blessed with luck in one, or a couple of times but not all the times. You genuinely need to fathom what you’re doing. It’s the knowledge and skills that finally pays off. If you do consistent work in right way, you will get accomplishment.”

There are endless discussions about these situations in the “Feedback” forum.

I think it’s fair to say that the site’s Admin has made it persistently, unmistakably clear for years, now, that he has absolutely no intention of taking any action about it.

If you report individual posts like that, sometimes the moderators will “hide” them (with a little link that says “click here to read the hidden content”, or whatever the wording is, which of course actually draws attention to it!), but not remove them, and not stop the members concerned from doing it for ever.

And that’s exactly what they do.

We all know it makes a mockery of the forum, but that’s how it is, and apparently that’s how it’s staying.

The change of policy and procedure required for them to change that is too much for them to contemplate, I think.

I think they genuinely don’t believe that this is such a big part of the cause of their loss of traffic, etc. etc.

We’ve been over this loads of times.

I’ve been saying it both in public and in private since I arrived.

It obviously isn’t going to change. And that’s Pipstradamus’s right, after all. It’s his business!

1 Like