Spent $100 to try crypto staking via UST/LUNA

Do you get insurance btw?

I haven’t thus far as it depegs no more than other stables and quickly gets back to the $1 mark. As I add more and more in I may do.

Let me know when you try it. I’ve not heard of too many people using it. Sounds reasonable though.

1 Like

There are ways of increasing that APY as well without adding too much risk. DeFi is something I really want to explore this year.

1 Like

With the markets tanking, now might be the best time to try lol. Watch it continue to drop though lol

Hi @ponponwei,

I was encouraged by your brave proof of concept putting some money into this DeFi opportunity. So after sorting out my NFT gaming, I took a punt with an initial sum ($234 after conversions) on a new Harmony exchange FOX (Farmers Only Exchange) last week.

If you post a snapshot of your most recent balance on here, we can run a comparison of both of our proofs of concept (PoCs)

1 Like

There are so many cool things you can do with stables now to mitigate the dip as well now as well.

Perfect. This is a great way for me to get back in the game.

What’s your rule for “initial sums”? Do you have one? Mine is $100 bets max - I think about it as money I’d use to buy stuff that will just end up gathering dust or just not being used (clothes, shoes, expensive food, etc).

Yes I do, of course. It’s a business. LOL :cold_face:

So my rule started off Q4 last year as “the sh__coin plan”. Any hair-brain scheme that fitted into the “sh__coin strategy” would be limited to 1% of our overall portfolio. In reality, I did some deals that were as little as 0.1% of overall portfolio. Because I just could not bring myself to spend more than 0.1% - the ideas seemed so stupid.

So a couple of those “investments” which I now call the “three zeroes” investments returned more than double within 3 months. The original goal was to sell 1/2 of the investment and plough it into another “sh__coin” investment, leaving the “zero cost” half in cold storage and let it run an indeterminate amount of time. Still early days. So in the case of my first NFT investment, it did a 5X within two weeks. Hmmm - nice problem to have, but then what should I do with the funds and how to split them. I didn’t have a plan for that. So I had to decide whether that was beginner’s luck, or a repeatable pursuit. I am still cautious but it seems repeatable. So in that case, I am withholding the 2.5X and attempting to trade in the secondary market of the original NFT investment (there is a market but I have so far failed to enter again - I need to adjust my bid prices). And the other 2.5X is in this most recent market. Not sure what I will do if this one does a 5X :rofl:

1 Like

Stables. The curve wars. Something in every ecosystem. Now that non-ETH chains have gained plenty of traction and are being further developed on, the opportunities to try more things without getting killed by fees ( I’m talking about you, ETH!) is definitely exciting!

You’re not kidding. Earlier today I bought 2 NFTs and “was lucky to pay only 22% ETH fees!” I move with haste to get Polygon stuff on board so I can trade on their network. Not as good as ONE, but far far better than ETH

Please. I need this problem in my life lol

One of my first NFTs did a 15X. I just set a really stupid price until I could figure out what to do with it------------------------------------------------------------ then someone just bought it at 15X.

I had to stare at that one about 15 times before I realized - yep - it is really sold. I have the money in my account. LOL. God bless crypto. :heart_eyes:

My only NFT experience was still back in 2017 when I sold a cryptokitty for $50. LOOOL. I need an upgrade!!!

An update on this:

So far it’s earned almost $3 within about 7 weeks. So yes it is on track!

After my conversation with @Mondeoman, I think I’m going to go ahead and put more cash on this one. I also have $100 on Wonderland but with all the drama it has right now, I think I’m staying away from that one in the meantime.

Good to know. Slowly, surely the tortoise wins the race. And there is little work to do in monitoring, too.

1 Like

…in 10 years maybe :sweat_smile:

ANYTHING is better than ETH. They seriously risk getting left behind. Crypto moves at a million miles an hour and the other networks are developing at hyper speed and could leave ETH redundant.