$* Statistical London Breakout Strategy *$

Hi drbios,

well, to you it does! Having the GMT offset calculated automatically (which I will try to fix today) makes the time settings the same for everyone so it’s way easier rather than having to figure out your timezone and calculating the difference (which isn’t hard, I know, but this function is meant for convenience only).

If it works for you this way: great :slight_smile:

Anyway, I will get back to you guys later today with a hopefully fixed and extended version.

Jonathan

Thanks for the great work Jonathan. :smiley:

Again, you are very welcome! I just thought about a problem that may cause the GMT offset not working properly. As it is using a DLL include, did you guys tick the respective setting in the options/ea dialog?

Not sure if that’s the problem but it seems like it as you say the display doesn’t even show which is a typical sign for a DLL error. If it is not that, could you look into your journal please and see if theres anything there that indicates a possible error?

Thanks

This is what it should look like:

Yes, this did it for me. I had confirm dll checked. Now it works fine.

Unemployment data, this might be about to get interesting :wink:

EDIT:
Well. That wasn’t too spectacular…

I have auto setting on GMT with 2 hour offset, but the trades opened 1 hour early than they should have for both sessions.
I think my broker may have the plateform times as the close of the candle instead of the open. I think if I just switch the london from 8 to 9 and the NY from 13 to 14, it should be ok…what do you think?

It was ok for london since the hour before the london open ended up being a good candle and the ref candle was very long…TP easily hit.
NY trade was entered an hour ago, and the buy triggered, so hopefully the price continues up, but if it breaks down, I think it will go a ways because it’s struggling to break the 1.3370/75 level.

Everything else about the EA seems to be working great! I just have a learning curve on the GMT that was ok.

I already knew to ck the DLL box.

Here is goes…building permits are important here in US, too.

So Ny will have loss on buy side, about 13 pips, but I think price will continue to fall a bit to previous resistance-turned-support

So my london open was done with the manual time and it seemed to work fine. Before the NY open, I clicked the DLL. With the NY open, no trade was initiated so I suspect that pipscompounder may be correct as if you notice in my chart, it shows that the reference candle is a day a way. NY looks to be breaking down right now. My settings too by the way.

UPDATE
I switched over to manual and the time to reference candle changed by an hour. So at this time, I will continue to use the manual.

I think so as well though it has a tough fight with the R2 Pivot line right now…

Same exact setting as I was using, just to make it clear.

See my update on my post. I think it is better to use the manual time with offset of 2. This changed my time until reference bar by an hour.

Also, NY short looking very strong so far. I like this strategy :slight_smile:

Well, that’s why it says Alpha I guess :slight_smile:
No worries, we’ll get it working over time, I’ll post an updated version later on!

Jonathan, I have a question on this. My demo account had $5500 and I used the suggested settings:
0;70;50|1;400|0;0;0|0;0;0|2;0.02 from your referenced post. According to the code, the calculation is: if (T_MM[i] == 2) LotLong = ((AccountBalance()/100)*T_MM_VAL[i]);

So I was expecting a size of 1.10 but went long with 5.50. What did I do wrong?

**** UPDATE ****

My options must have overwritten the EA.

Probably nothing, I rather think that I made a mistake somewhere in the code! I will check this and try to include a possible fix in the next version.

“2” means amount per $100 in account, so account balance of 5500 and 0.01 per 100 = 5.5…if you want smaller you’ll have to use the “1” setting for percentage of risk.

I’ll probably add another value which contains the Y lots per $X. The X in this case I’ll add I mean.

pipcompounder, with 0.1 this would be the case, 0.01 should equal 0.55 then!

riley, so is it figured out for you then?

You’re right…my bad

thanks again!

well, yes and no :). The options on my mt4 go down to .10. At this time, I went into the hard code and changed 100 to 1000 so without making any other changes, next time, it will be .55 (actually more like .6 as the account got larger with the long trade out of London !!)

Great, I will add this variable so you don’t have to change the code all the time! Do you have some programming experience of your own?

Very little. I have altered wordpress code in the past. Cant write from scratch but I am able to manipulate a bit. Change colors, background images, correct src codes etc. Our company manages a email marketing company. Often times, I am going into the html of the flyer and correcting links. So… some basic experience but no formal training.