$* Statistical London Breakout Strategy *$

Hi Guys,

Here are updated stats which include January’s price action. I noticed under certain circumstances, like when TP & SL get hit in same candel, it was skewing my stats. I have now sorted this out and here are the truer ones. Also I had included stats previously for the period after NY close in the daily and NY period, again now sorted. GU Next.

John

EU LO Stats GMT+2.pdf (82.4 KB)

With this PDF I don’t see profit /loss forecast or am I missing something?

What does this mean?
"2013.02.04 18:16:29 London Breakout v1-4 EURUSD,H1: invalid price for OrderSend function"
It keep prompting now… :frowning:

It isn’t meant to be a forecast, I don’t have a crystal ball. What it shows you is the different % probability of either hitting SL or TP using different settings on the EA using recent past data. It is up to you which settings you choose, the pdf only gives you a guide to those settings.

London wins, and NY has a loss, and an open sell…

Yesterday the EA opened orders at the market open, and one of them triggered for a 5 pip loss before closing, so that’s definitely a bug.

EDIT: NY sell hits TP, so net about 32 pips for the day.

All seemed to be running smooth until today. No London orders placed at all or cancelled. Anyone else or just me?

Hm, they have been placed for me and Long just hit TP as it should!

That is weird because i have not touched a setting at all. I wonder if the FinFX demo account expires? That could be. Lets see what happens here with NY. At least it hit the TP. :slight_smile:

UPDATE: NY orders are placed so unsure of why my London opens didnt place. Must be some setting. Jon, do you mind putting up your settings when you have time? Pipscompounder, did you have any issue with London today? I think our settings are similar and we are both on FinFx.

Yep, somethings up with Finfx…I actually have a sell stop order still open from london this morning, but no record of a buy taking place, which would have hit TP.

NY has placed orders, and the sell is currently open.

I’m going to send Finfx an email, asking about this.

EDIT:
Here’s their reply:
Dear Customer,

I checked our server logs and activity for today at around 11:00 GMT+2 (server time) and the only activity was:

11:00:04 Sell Stop was placed, trade ID #xxxxxxxx at 1.34672.

This Sell Stop order is still active on your account.

Next entry for your account was at 15;15:03 GMT+2.

So, it does appear something was up with the EA…???

I dont know. I think its worth trying a few demo accounts to compare. I did try again FXPRO and had issues again.
Jonathan… which broker is your primary demo account with? You said that your London opened properly?
Pipscompounder had one order, not 2, I had no orders.

I have two MT4s running: Alpari UK and FinFX, both worked fine for both sessions today. I have no idea what is up on your ends :frowning:

There isn’t anyway to get with mt4 on this, either, I guess?

It seems common sense, that, if you program something to repeat a process over and over, it should do exactly that???

I would think maybe a server problem, but the sell stop order was placed at the correct time, so that eliminates that possibility. I know this weekend Finfx will be changing their server time to 0 GMT, so we need to be aware of that, but it shouldn’t have affected today’s trading.

Jonathan
Can you share your settings for London as well as the mt4 settings under options? Maybe the answer can be found there.

Ok, I won’t know about you’re lack of a sell order, riley, but I may have found why the buy didn’t trigger…
I zoomed in on the 1 minute chart and the close of the last minute candle before the new orders has no tail on the top, and the next candle went up a lot…I think we got slipped out…
I will change the slippage to 10 pips…this was what i was running on crisscrosses’ EA…the only reason I can think that your sell stop order didn’t also place was the buy had to be placed first???

Would mind explaining “slipped our” & “slippage”? Is this trader slang for other terms? If we are trading manually, how do we compensate for this?

If you are trading manually, this can affect you, if the price moves a lot while placing the pending order, but is more rare than with EAs

What slippage is, as far as an EA, is during the time the order is being placed, which was about 4 seconds for the sell stop this morning, the price can be moving, and if it moves more pips than the settings in the EA allow for, the order is being placed at a price “behind” the actual price, which will be denied from the broker.
In my opinion, I don’t care if the price moves while the order is being placed, this strategy usually hits TP with some room to spare.

PC, you could be right. I will make that change too.
Also, my NY was looking real good and then bounced back for a loss on both long and short.

Yep, NY was a loser, again…

Even demo accounts can be “victims” of slippage when using pending orders, so increasing the slippage amount should help…Jonathan, do you think increasing the number of retries may help, too, since slippage cannot be fully guaranteed by a setting for pips on EA?

So the 10 pip allowance would be put in place of the 3 pip S/L, or are those 2 different things. Right now, as the 1st hour of London & 1st 15 min of NY closes, I’m calculating all aspects of both sides of the trades. If the prices change before I enter the trade, I won’t be too far off that it is “usually” easy to make adjustments. Is this how I’m avoiding slippage?

No, you’re going a bit far…if you’re manually trading, just do as you have been doing before. If you get slipped out, which never happened to me back when I was manually trading the London session, just re-enter the orders again.