Step right up: NZDUSD

• Win
  • Lose

0 voters

What do you think. Enter till 07/03/2018 or for maybe longer.

going to sleep now. Seems to be going in the right direction, worried about it correcting overnight and stopping out; the SL is a little tight.

I had to extend the SL but it came through in the end.

LOL - that does sound terribly like “lose, as it was, but I increased my risk, to try to turn it into a win, and I got away with it, this time”, doesn’t it? :grimacing:

It can be a good way of turning an individual loser into an individual winner, of course, but collectively it’s also a great way of turning overall profit into overall loss, too. :scream:

Well done, this time. :relaxed:

Yeah. That pretty much exactly what it was. I made the SL way too tight and didn’t wait for the correction first before getting in, although even with the risk adjustment the trade ended up as a 1:1 R:R

That is I made a profit equal to the risk with the larger SL

Although you can never really tell if it’s going to break out wildly or going to correct (or do you know how to?). I had another trade on on GBPCAD at the same time, that didn’t look that promising to start with (itchy trading finger) but broke out wildly without a correction.

I guess a thing to do might be to get in when I did but have a stop/limit order slightly lower down to hedge the risk of a correction before the breakout.

Or what would you say.

Here is another one:

Does anybody have any insights in this; how to play for a breakout but protect against a correction.