Steve's Journal

15 pip Loss

Going flat til London

Here I go with another stop order. Triggered very quickly below support:

Entry: 1.73943

SL: 1.74463

TP: 1.72903

This is EUR/NZD 1-Hour Chart

Forming basing structure, Appears to be coiling for a break past resistance. Major US news in one hour. Going flat until dust settles. Taking a 12.5 pip loss. Position size is 1/4 so very small dollar amount.

Many layers of confluent support here. The red line represents where the daily EMA 20 rests. The first white line is hourly support. And the second white line is newly formed basing support.

Not going to lie. Took a big gamble, betting the basing support will hold.

Market order long: 1.73859

SL: 1.73459

TP 1: 1.74639

TP 2: 1.75568

Looks like I was wrong. Excellent BO to the south. Jumped on board. Looking to hold maybe through the week. Hopefully my last position.

Market entry short: 1.73447

SL: 1.74174

TP 1: 1.72713

TP2: 1.72053

Scaled in a few pips higher and took 3.5 pips profit on first entry. Brought stop down just above resistance and EMA.

EUR/NZD 1-Hour Scale in at res.

TP at support: red line above white line 17.5 pips

Flat now, resuming in Asia. The Limit order showing on chart has been canceled

Yes, I’m scalping all the way down…

Trading EUR/NZD 1-Hour

Here we go again with another stop order, the kind I love to hate.

Sell Stop: 1.72883

SL: 1.73469

Yep, it bounced right off that entry and soared upward right to my stop loss. Well, the rally seams strong enough to jump on board. Will take a buy entry at market on the close.

Market order long: 1.73478

SL: 1.73129

TP: 1.75497 (about 200 pips :joy:)

And… it turned around again and took out my stop. So, I spent a few hours on the 5 minute chart digging my way out again. Since I’m having better luck scalping the 5 minute charts, I may as well keep going with it. It seems that is my forte.

I’m going to shut down this journal for a while and start another thread where it is updated weekly and share some of the scalping sessions and how I track them. See ya soon!