Stop loss honoured over weekend?

Hiya, as most experinced traders know, the price of a currency can jump quite significantly. My question is… say i was going long on a currency pair on friday at 1.000 and put my stoploss at 0.990 and suddenly i wake up monday morning to find the price has plummited to 0.900, would my stoploss be honoured, using metatrader 4? Does it depend on the broker? or will i definatly lose those 100 pips?
Thanks
James

Most brokers wont execute anything over the weekend. Your s/l would execute on Sunday night when markets open but at the best rate available. not at the s/l price.

The swings over the weekend can be significant. I don’t open new positions on Friday’s for this reason but that’s just part of my system.

Cheers

Your s/l would execute on Sunday night when markets open but at the best rate available. not at the s/l price

Now that’s an essential piece of information here!!
Is that if you put a s/l order after market closing on Friday evening?
So James you put placed your s/l order a long time after your buy?

It was just a hypothetical situation, i meant if i put the stoploss in place before the market closed saturday. But if you look at the GBP/CHF or EUR/GBP daily charts, they jumed loads over the last weekend :eek: (in the direction of the trade though:) ) So it looks like the best thing to do would be to close all trades on friday and re-open them on the monday if they don’t jump.

Thanks for all your replies!

James