Stp brokers

if you comfortable with higher spread then you good to go. the main idea is the lower the spread the better for any strategies to applied. but once again, it’s all depend on trader’s strategy. quick sample is, method A had 50 entry trades a months, 30 winning, 20 losing trades. put a comparison when these method implemented both at MM account and ECN type. which one are more profitable then…

Of course the spreads will be higher but what about high volatility times or like the SNB event? that is what worries me.

yeah most people would like remember that day, very well. but obviously they bit worries of rare event, a decade anomaly of market movement, but take a good stall with higher transaction which happen at daily trade activity.

I see where you going with this ontario and most probably you are right, this event made the traders worry too much but at the end of the day i think it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Can a STP broker scam their client? Like edit the orders before processing it straight to the market?

i would say that every broker can scam you…we will never know how their platforms are programmed…so we cannot know what really happens after entering our orders…

yeah, these swissy cheese been around the net all the time, often makes new traders are to afraid even with demo account :).
upon my years activity, there’s been similar event happen. last time are with the yen, when tsunami hit their country, and the currency are going nuts in early morning trading session. I know that’s not quite epic as SNB, but most people do suffer of losing trade.
good thing is, most broker now offer such prevention :).

LIke you said, everything is lied, STP or ECN or MM, all they lied. We don’t know anything and we lose broker, not the market, can’t we trade profitable in forex?

well, some people still have hope that not everything is a lie…at the end the brokers also want to do business, and for them it’s much better if you can trade for a longer time instead of blowing up instantly and never trade again…yes, they can get new clients, but if they only win when we lose/blow up/leave trading then at one point there are not enough new clients that will ensure their business…

i think the criteria to choose your broker should better be find the most reputable/honest possible broker and then you can still look at STP/ECN/MM…having a look at the brokers regulation also doesn’t hurt you :wink:
i am sure there are MM that don’t scam you and play fair…and then there are a lot that don’t…just take your time to choose the broker that’s best suited for you…

Hi, I would like to introduce you to a new STP/ECN platform. We have very low cost, best market prices, and very fast trading environment. We are connected to all major banks and we can provide proof of every trade been executed on the bank site. Please try our demo and let me know your thoughts. The registration page is trader.thefxplayer.com

Thanks