Straddling Forex with 2 different brokers

so more or less buy aud-jpy with 1 broker and then sell same amount at same price with different broker

some refer to it as news trading but i hear that if youre too successful u can burn bridges with good brokers

Is it a win-win-win if u use 2 brokers?

prob a reason why no one talks about this

Hi @llcooll

As a regulated broker, FOREX.com would welcome your trading volume for either or both of the two accounts you want to set up. However, it’s questionable how you as a trader would stand to benefit from being simultaneously long and short the same currency pair.

As we explained in this previous discussion, it’s equivalent to having no position in the market at all. In fact, it’s worse, because you will have the paid the spread for no reason: Both buy and sell positions losing?

So the leverage in forex doesnt exist the same as options?

i was hoping to get around the expiry even though forex doesnt have 20:1 leverage

i hear alot about ea’s and programs that news trade forex but they must be trading thru options

It’s important to clarify the relationship between these terms.

Forex is the market where traders speculate on the exchange rate between currencies.

As with other financial markets, traders can speculate on forex prices using derivatives including futures and options. (People can trade forex options and forex futures, just as they can trade stock options and bond futures.)

Leverage refers to the ability to control a large amount of money with a small amount of money. This can be done with futures, with options and in the spot market.

The focus of this forum is on trading forex with leverage in the spot market, not using options or futures.

In the spot forex market, contracts don’t expire, and depending on where you live, you can have access to 20:1 leverage or even more to magnify your gains and losses.

For example, in the US, the CFTC and NFA regulate forex and allow retail traders to use up to 50:1 leverage on major currency pairs.

The term EA refers to Expert Advisors which are automated programs created to run on the MetaTrader platforms (MT4, MT5, etc.) and they trade primarily in the spot forex market, not options. Similar programs are available to automate strategies on other platforms for trading spot forex.

when i brought this up at OTA orientation, the instructer quickly changed the subject, even when i asked him if theres a name for that strategy

im not drinking any koolaid yet

I havent setup a sim account with anyone im studying these straddle strategies pretty heavily so im thinking in that direction but i really want to use 2 brokers if i do

if u manage your risk well, im seeing that if the market doesnt move u make a sync buy/sell(technically cancelling out the order with no profit or loss unless u did a strangle) and yes youre left with paying commissions in this losing scenario

seems to me doing this successfully for a long period of time with 1 broker will not make for a great relationship, does anyone do this with 2 brokers

thank you forex.com

i did not know there was that ratio of leverage available, knowing is half the battle

1 Like

It’s our pleasure. You mentioned you haven’t tried a sim account yet. This might be a good next step as they are free and can help you practice the lessons you learn from the BabyPips school. Learn How to Trade the Markets

A trader taking any sort of opinion or advice from a Broker, in this case a Marker Maker, is like a sheep sharpening a knife for a slaughter house manager. Don’t fall for their crap. I do this all the time, and make at least 2-3 grand trading the USDJPY pair. Ever heard of a 2 some? It’s basically me screwing these market makers from both directions :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses: spread? No worries I’ll pay for that with the money I wrecked you from :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses: