Strategy that I use on demo account

Hello everyone I’m using 3 ema:50,100,200.rsi (14),stochastic oscillator (14,3,3) and macd (26,9,6)on a demo account but I always loss my trade.what can i change on this strategy or what is the problem ?

Right now that’s a chart set-up not a strategy. But its also a complex chart set-up. Take things away and start from simplest and work up from there.

4 Likes

I agree with tommor, there too much going on there.

You could start by losing everything except 2 EMA’s (50 & 200) and perhaps the RSI, plot them on the 1H or 4H chart. If they’re sloping up then look at buying, if they’re sloping down then look at selling. There’s more to it then that though, such a S/R levels so you have an idea when to exit. The RSI can be useful for that as well, only like with most indicators, it’s hit and miss.

There are so many strategies, but you have to start somewhere then tweak it as you gain experience. It’s a long road but be patient and persistent and you’ll eventually be able to make some sense out of it.

1 Like

Depends on what you are looking to see, personally way to many indicators as the RSI and stoch will basically say that same thing. Try striping back the screen so you can see the price

1 Like

there is no way to deny the importance of demo account , bu the experience we took from demo , i have seen it not works when trading in a real account , thats the problem case.

@NeilKruger You have to use demo to find out your strategy is working. Finding out the winning percentage and risk/reward ratio. Use it for the purpose of testing your strategy. Find out your strategy’s strength and weaknesses.

i always use price action in my demo account to see the performance how it works , this approach really helps in a real account to avoid unfortunate risk and losses.

1 Like

by and large traders especially the senior use this approach in demo , i use high leverage on demo , it teaches me always how to manage money and how to make big losses.

not only any strategies , you can use any kind of trading approach in demo account , its really supportive to make sure live trading experience.

Clearly you are not winning - therefore your thinking is wrong ! - That is the problem ! - Have you done the babypips school ?

That is step 1 of learniing at your level !

2 Likes

Practice makes a man perfect. So, keep practicing. You will become successful one day.

1 Like

Now I’m confused I don’t know where to start or end.but today I removed all the indicators so I’m using 50 ema,rsi 14 and stochastic oscillator 14,3,3.50 ema is my support and resistance.rsi and stochastic I use them to see when it’s overbought or sold

Demo trading is best for practicing but things works for demo always do not works in the real account. Test more than one strategy on demo and start trading on real when you feel that everthing is perfect.

Like some other said, the process is bit too complex for the starting. But if you can try them out, then that is really good to start off with.
But if you cannot, just take some away and start off with something lighter and push your way with demo trading.

same experienced i got from my trading so many time , but there is no way to ignore the importance of demo , you must have to make sure the demo if you are a beginners.

I think you are doing a lot with your demo account. You could have kept the things simple by avoiding complexities.

I think that the best strategy for beginner is to keep it as simple as possible. I think that it is good idea to rely on simple support – resistance lines. It is good to use RSI to determine overbought or oversold market. Test other indicators on demo account and slowly fit them into your strategy

Indicators are like the tools of a surgeon, cutting stuff is easy, curing the patient is very difficult.