Successful strategy

What were you trying to do then? :open_mouth:

The simplest strategy involves looking for an uptrend which shows price steadily rising for a long period of time, like a shallow staircase. When a candlestick closes with a lower high price than the preceding candlestick, set a buy order just above this high and a stop-loss just below this candlestickā€™s low. Adjust your position size so that the risk is 1% of your account capital. Set a take profit order at one and a half times higher from entry than the distance to the stop-loss.

Did you try on demo or the live trading? You need to spend tons of sessions on your demo trading account!

Hi Hassan, just wanna tell you that there is no single successful strategy. You have to backtest different strategies with a wide range of historical data before you apply it on the live account. Backtesting will help you recognise any mistakes in your strategy, so that you can correct any mistakes present.

Trading is a skill that requires practise and there is no successful trading strategy in my opinion, so you must choose the strategy that best suits you.

I would just ignore the last post, its nonsense.

hi hassan ,assalamualaikum, forex is harder to win compared to stock ,especially the leverage will kill you ,so itsā€™s better to trade stock instead .

No doubt, money management is important but you canā€™t compare your trading system with money management!

At this point, I believe going back to the trade journal and identifying what you have been doing incorrectly is the best strategy one can follow. The more you rectify your mistake the more skill you gain.

Make better use of your demo account and take the time to develop a strategy. Success in forex takes time and consistency. Jumping into trading live will lead to blown accounts and probably giving up on it before youā€™ve got anywhere with it.

Not one of the best threads on here Hassen left and gone after one post too

Yes, they do tend to vanish in a puff of smoke, donā€™t they?

1 Like

As long as you want till you feel ready and comfortable going live, you canā€™t afford to compare yourself with others or rush things. Always take your time and grow at your own pace.

Learning to trade takes time and practise. So, just concentrate on improving your skills and always focus on risk management.

A strategy becomes successful when a trader is able to make it work using their skills. So, you have to choose a strategy based on your skill level and interest. For example a swing trader needs to be patient while a scalper or day trader needs to be better at making quick decisions. The kind of analysis and tools that will help you to execute your strategy should also be selected based on your trading style. In short, we have to choose or devise a strategy ourselves by learning more about forex and trading.

A successful strategy is what you have to build yourself. Stop looking for strategy advice here, practise in a demo account and test & try different strategies to figure out what works the best for you. It will take time and patience to build a strategy properly so gain a lot of knowledge. Make a strategy with stop loss, risk management, know your entry & exit points and timeframes.

You really need to teach yourself how to trade, realistically no one can do it for you

You are right, money management is such a powerful trading tool; besides technical & fundamental analysis is so much important!

As a newbie, I am still figuring out which strategies work best for me. But yes I am hopeful and positive while I trade using a demo account. Keeps me motivated

Using small trading leverage is useful; but no doubt high leverage is always risky!