Suggestions on good book/s for introduction to Economics

Good day everyone!

I am just a beginner trader. As I continue learning, thanks to BabyPips, I think that I may have found an interest on understanding more about economics. I have not really paid much attention back in college, and I deeply regret it.

Thus, I ask for you people out here on what books are good to get myself into studying more on economics?

I am not looking for any comprehensive book/guide to trade fundamentals, rather I am hoping of finding some good solid foundational learning and books on economics; how it relates to Forex, etc.

I have taken a liking to economics. Are there any economics degree holders out there? Or even those who are fan of the study of the economy?

I do hope that some of you would be able to help me out.

Thank you for staying and reading up until this part!

Have a good day!

1 Like

The best approach is to query Kindle bookshelf. There will be many choices.

Welcome welcooome! :blush: Are you looking for books that are solely focused on Economics, or would you be also interested in some that discuss economics within the context of forex trading? :thinking: Cause I’m thinking the last one on this list might be interesting for you. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Hi there, thank you so much for pointing me out to Pipcrawler’s book list! I definitely am going to check the last book mentioned here for more understanding of economics within the context of forex trading.

But right now I am trying to find some groundworks on understanding economics in general. I have researched that there are a lot of branches of economics. And I have found out that there is this which is called ‘monetary economics’. Am I right in surmising that this is the most relevant branch of economics with reagards to Forex trading in general?

Thank you for the suggestion again!

Also as for reference, I have taken an interest in learning these topics on “long term market movers” as briefly discussed in BabyPips’ education: Fundamental Factors That Affect Currency Values - BabyPips.com

It talks about Economic Growth and Outlook, GDP, Capital Flows, and Trade Flows and Balance.

Any ideas on what particular “branch” or sub-field of economics should I start looking at for more insights on this?

Much appreciated!

You can watch YouTube podcast on Forex & financial market! It’s much better way to learn & gather trading knowledge, and most importantly it’s free!

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion! Any suggestions on what podcasts can I listen to? I listen to ChatWithTraders podcast, which sadly does not have a lot of FX traders interviewed.

I have listed a few good books. Have a look -

1. Freakonomics
  2. The cartoon Introduction to Microeconomics
  3. Economics in one lesson
  4. Money changes everything: How finance made civilization.
  5. Hidden order
1 Like

Well you can try macroeconomics text book from O. Blanchard it has nice structure and examples that help you to apply theoretical knowledge in order to analyze real-world economic events or processes.

1 Like