Sunday Breakout Strategy

Monday’s range = high - low = 190 pips
Tuesday’s range = high - low = 158 pips

ATR = 518

It has 170 more pips to move? So can I say that we will cancel the long trigger, since our target profit is 259?

475 pips on GBPJPY, are you saying that ATR for GBPJPY is over 1000 pips?

triggered long!! yeah yeah yeah!!

OMG!! The Stop Loss for long is about to get triggered!! :mad:

nope :slight_smile: thats the tweak, its simple… however this GBPJPY could eats your stop loss alive T_T it’s like goin up many pips hits stop loss then goin down like it should be or vice versa… and uh stop loss is surely ugly in this pair it’s like 60 pips, 80 pips and sometimes 100 pips ~_~
need someone with bigger brain than me to cr4ck this up

haha! come on, share the secret, and lets backtest it!

[B][U]Nope there is no secret[/U][/B] if i can cr4ck this out then it would be massive pips ++ but a bit different idea so if i share it now (where it haven’t finish yet) many things could happen if i share unfinish stuffs… (don’t ask me for such as it would be like whining post and stupid thinking of me, yup im not so smart i often thinks stupid things:P )

The only i want to share with right now is 1)the originator of this idea which is phil, 2)bigger brain dude…
after this finish i will share :wink: if i allowed to by 1) and 2) ok.

By the way if you couldn’t wait… here the progress:

1. take profit tweak #1 done
  2. take profit tweak #2 undone 0% progress
  3. take profit tweak #3 done - this could lead into new concept of MM…
  4. Stop loss levels tweak undone in progress and it lead to new stop loss concept
  5. Entry model tweak done (using the same as phil stated)

The reason i continuesly posting result is so i don’t have to posting like above kinda loooong writings.

haha! keep up the good work!!

Got stoped out of the long as well :frowning: anyone else

everybody of course!

I got stopped out of the long. As soon as I checked my computer this morning I had a feeling it wasn’t going to happen for us.

However, I actually feel really good about this loss. I’m in my first year of trading and I have been really bad about accepting loss and not revenge trading. I think the fact that I’m calm about this loss and not immediately looking for new trades to take is a good sign.

So I guess that’s if for this system for the week? Since Both were stopped out we wait till sunday and try again?

haha! me 2!!

I am new to this forum and am here by an invitation from Phil in another forum. I’ve traded everything (regretably unsuccessfully) from stocks, options, futures and now currencies. However, nowadays my currency trading is more of an interest hobby.

I’m trying to catch up with this thread but I’ve been busy (trying to exerminate a colony of carpenter ants that have taken up residence in a cavity wall in my home). I did enter last Sundy’s trade and it went to profit quite quickly so I entered a TS and of course it triggered, early but profitably, thank you Phil.

BPUser

WOW WOW WOW,
not so fast, I removed the SL short/long and the long trade the day before and closed last night with 1.6238. So I got a little bit of money :slight_smile:
Thanks Phil.

I know, I know, one day I will fall on my nose with my removing the SL’s but I hate them. Most of my trades I do without SL’s or when I place them I set them ~100-150pips away.

I usually watch the trade for a while and then I check the next day. If I had a good “feeling” placing the trade and a couple hour later the trade goes against me I use the “Ostrich” aproach (german’s have a word for it, vogelstrauss politic).
Stick your head in the sand and let it ride :smiley: :smiley:
Happy trading

I totaly agree with you dude, limiting loss trades for today. save another position for the next one :wink: and when it hit profit we hit big reaaal big yeah i luuuuve BIG BIG BIG hehe

You’re on your way to success then, Lavaman! Congratulations. :slight_smile:

Like everyone else I had one breakeven and one stoploss, but like I said earlier… who cares??

Even after this week’s loss I’ve made 1073 pips and had a 29% account gain with this system so far this year. And that’s including a 5 week losing/breakeven streak through February and early March. :slight_smile:

You guys can’t let your emotions get the best of you. :smiley:

Hi Phil838 & all others on this forum, this thread has grown quickly & it seems tht it is getting plenty of well deserved attention.

despite todays loss i have enjoyed trading this system. it requires virtually no effort except staying awake till 1am on sunday night (UK time) to set up pending orders & sms alerts etc & then moving the odd stop here & there.
I spent many months previously looking for a trading strategy which i can fit into my daily work routine without too many interuptions & this one along with Tony Mands MACD Contrarium both do the job.

I am very interested to hear that Nick B s method can also be traded easily with pending orders. I have had his ebook floating around on my desktop for about a year but back then it was a bit much for me to take in. but i think i have learnt a lot since then so will dig it out and read through it again.

Good luck next week everybody

Phil838:

Thanks for your clear and direct reply. I will now hang around in this site more as I am liking your threads.

-FX California

Will you, Phil, be posting your TP targets on this system each week for the forseeable future? I would prefer to use the same TP as everyone else and not the larger value that i get from prorealtime.

Great system BTW!