Sunday Breakout Strategy

Hi Rei, isn’t 1.7028 based on our IBFX candle?

it was 1.6695/1.6776 in my chart, so that is a 81 pip lllooong candle this week, and adding ATR/2 of 240, plus 10 pips, we get 1.7026.

Yep ok. My target was 1.7023. I target 45% of my ATR because im on Igmarkets and they seem to have a larger value compared to most others here.

But anyway, another nice win this week! The same strategy on GBP JPY got me about 320 pips there.

Phil,

Thanks so much for posting your strategy. I am wondering if somebody can help me. I am a newbie and would like to start testing this fab strategy this Sunday. I would like to confirm that if i simply enter a long and short trade with my various stop losses in place and my TP in place and BE, i would not technically need to touch it all week? It pretty much runs itself except for the minimal input required each sunday. I am using MT4 and can see the sunday candle just fine. To confirm i need to use the 8pm candle? In addition i am not exactly an expert in setting MT4 indicators using script i.e. the one that was attached to the very first posting. How does one get this to work and what exactly does this script do? In addition i wanted to ask does anybody know how to do the following, i don’t want to be sitting staring at my pc every day but am trading off a 15min and 4 hour chart basically waiting for EMA crossover… can i get a system to automatically prompt(email/text/noise) me of when the lines are close to crossing? Also i’m a bit stuck on using 50% of ATR for your TP for the week. I can’t see howyou do that, can somebody give me an example.

Thanks for your help guys.:smiley:

Hi. This looks swell, thanks for sharing. I have a problem with this 20:00 candle. I’m a little new so I might just be looking at it the wrong way, but I can’t find my 20:00 candle. I get a candle (on my 4H chart) at 17:00 GMT and another one at 21:00 GMT… but no 20:00 candle. I can’t switch my platforms (or rather, I won’t since it represents a HUGE hurdle for me) Is the whole strategy lost if I use the 17:00 candle instead?

Hmm…has interest waned on this strategy? or u guys have programmed the robot and no need to force urselves out of bed :stuck_out_tongue: anyway:

this week’s candle is 6664-6690 on ATR of 448

Looks very profitable IF the price manages to slip through to TP…

I agree with your high but get 166.69 as the low? :confused:

Can someone help a newbie out and verify exactly what the upper and lower bounds are as well as TP and SL.

Thanks!

H = 1.6688
L = 1.6665

Difference is 23 but adding 10 and the spread gives risk of 38 Pips
Adjust position size so 2% of account = 38 Pips

Weekly ATR = 448
Profit Target= 224

Long Entry

+1.6703 (10 over the high plus 5 pip spread)
Stop=1.6665
MS to BE = 1.6782 (stop size x2)
TP= 1.6927

Short Entry

Stop 1.6693
MS to BE= 1.6579
TP= 1.6431

I often have math mistakes but I think this is how the numbers work for my feed (FxSol)

Check it out! :eek:

Wonder where’s the Guru gone to. Now I’m starting to get worried…:confused:

I have removed the “in between” candles; smaller image

Long triggered and stopped with a loss. Currently in short trade. Anyone else?

EDIT: The candle was quite short this week. If it hits the target it will be a massive win, but also larger chance to hit stops.

duh. same here. this week wasn’t good.

Back next week.
:cool:

Help needed! My broker provides me ATR like 0.0048. How can I get ATR like e.g 300 in the system? thanks.

Anybody heard from PHIL ???

Hope he is ok. I like to trade his system but last night the 20:00 GMT candle was just to short for my taste. So I left it alone.
Anybody in short right now should be ok, even tough, I would jump ship about latest now.

300 pips in this system = .0300

I dont think its a good idea to miss a weeks trade because the candle is too small. I am short and at BE. Im not going to jump ship. Some of the biggest payoffs in this system occur when the candle is short and you adjust your position size accordingly. I would consider missing a week’s trade if the candle was too big, however. Big means less payoff if the trade reaches target and harder to get to BE while still on the same target.

Not sure where Phil is. Has he been posting in other threads ?

Looking at the chart, you are proofed right so far not to “jump ship”.:slight_smile:

Phil seems not to post anywhere. :confused:
Hope he is OK.

Target Profit last night says 229 pips, ATR 448.
Squashed the chart …9a so the text on the left top could be seen.:slight_smile:

300 is ambiguous for this week, but then you where right just before.:slight_smile:

Me too, i just pm him, hope he is alright.