Sunday Breakout Strategy

I see your contract size increase as you move along. How do you determine your contract size.

i have added a rule where if current ATR reaches 40% of ATR(14) no orders would be placed if they havenā€™t,

I shall add a rule if itā€™s pass wednesday, no more pending orders are placed, would it sound alright?

Hi Gif,

you have been setup not to rcv any private messages. Could you turn it on so that I can pm you my email address to send the code to?

thanks,

Hi phil838,

So how did my EA worked?..going to read the link

probably a % of the captial?
lotsize = risk in dollars / (pipvalue * stoploss in pips)

I figured something like that but than I see a trade at the end where his capital is about $226,289 but he then looses about $96,942 - that is a 42.8% loss. I thought the aim was to only risk 2% of your capital per trade.

do u mean from this web site:
Forex Trading with Alpari (US)

thereā€™s a UK one too, not sure if they r the same~

is it EA or backtesting excel from Philip? point it out to themā€¦

Hi phil and Gif,

after removing the first line of my EA code, downloading Alpari, and M1 data for GBPUSD,
load up the strategy tester, and it crashes/freezes after a whileā€¦

given the tremendous amount of human resources put to this EA and the minute human resource needed to wake up on Sunday and enter the trade, I can only conclude (other than for the back test) that creating a Sunday Breakout EA has a terrible risk-reward ratioā€¦ :smiley:

Hey Phil,
Welcome back. I wish you and anyone else hurt a speedy and full recovery

Still confused :o
What do you mean by the RR?
Do you only trade ONE or do you trade multiple pairs (GBP/JPY AND GBP/USD at the same time?)?

if u are on this thread, I suppose u are taking about phils, which is GBPUSD only

RR = risk to reward, but itā€™s reward divided by risk

the more the better for u, but stastically speaking higher RR maybe will be fake out often, since smaller Risk,

Yes, Iā€™m aware of how Phil trades it and I follow his rules (changed slightly to suit me), I just wanted to clarify how you have changed things for yourself by looking at multiple pairs.

I know what a Risk:Reward ratio is :wink: I take it in this case you mean the biggest RR is sunday candle size relative to its weekly ATR, out of all the pairs.

:slight_smile: I was just about to say something along the same lines. Surely with a method as simple as this, requiring only 15 min set up and minimal effort to move stops you dont need an EA. But then again, I think they are trying to get something that will make the same trades over many different but correlated pairs simultaneously. (Though im not sure you would have much position size on each individual currency pair if you stick to risking 2-4% in total.)

My Ea current managment is very very simple and is on the list of things to be updates, it is currently doing lots based on one ammount described in the bot options, ex: like if you have 1000 then it will place 0.2 in case you say per each 500$ in account increase 0.1 lot.

i cant seam to find anything in private options maybe try something else or an admin give us a little hand?

Only natural lolā€¦ sometimes i think you people dont readā€¦ metatrader is full of bugs in most thingsā€¦ its damaged form the begining and no one can fix it because the bugs have deep rootsā€¦ the best thing is to keep a fresh database from your own broker and avoid all thisā€¦

No not reallyā€¦ the Ea will have exactly the risk you want, we just didnt program it yet.

Making it possible to manage multiple pairs is possible, i didnt tout of that but now that you mention it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

After all i said about EA never working due to having static code, i see most of you still want the EA! either i wasnt clear enouth or hope is driving most of youā€¦ Im saying this because i was expecting critics to swarm the post and well no one didā€¦ I will continue to support this idea anyway.
I cant say thats bad or that we should drop the ea completly:)

you need to enable this:

I was using a fresh set of database, and it just ā€œfreezeā€ā€¦maybe my EA has bugs in it, hmmmmmm

I agree with you, and see no reason to have an EA to [I]completely [/I]automate the system.

What Iā€™m wanting to try is instead of risking 2% per trade on GBP/USD is to risk .5% on 4 different correlating pairs. My thinking is that, right now, if you have some bad luck and get stopped out by one or two pips you lose 2%. But if you were trading 4 pairs you might only get stopped out on one or two of them. Then you have the possibility of still winning or getting a breakeven on the remaining pairs. The trades that are obvious winners or losers should be the same on each pair, but those trades that almost win or barely lose might turn out better if we spread the risk around.

Another reason for an EA is to help out European friends out. The Sunday breakouts comes at a convenient time in the US and Austraila, but in Europe it happens at 1 or 2am! Since the original setting up of pending orders require no human judgement it would be great to have an EA just for the original entries so they didnā€™t have to get out of bed. :slight_smile:

Same hereā€¦ The EA doesnā€™t freeze for me but it doesnā€™t take any trades.

Got to be a bug somewhereā€¦ :smiley:

oh, my boxend = GMT 0100, thats all.
BE is when price reach half my TP (which is half of weekly ATR)

And I grabbed all the pairs that ends with JPY

wrote an indicator which calculates which has the highest RR based on the above