Sunday Breakout Strategy

Previous 5 days, 1H chart correlation has GBPUSD:EURJPY at -0.4745 (medium strength negative correlation, ie react opposite to each other) and GBPUSD:GBPJPY at 0.9628 (strong correlation, ie should move together)

Make of it what you will.

if ( DayOfWeek() == 1 )
if ( Hour() == 0 ) [B]//I always get a divide by zero in this line of code when I use strategy tester and data = 2008.01.01 to 2008.12.31, if I were to use 2009 data no problem[/B]
if ( Minute() == 0)

Is there another way to check if it passed Monday and GMT 0000?

I know I made a lot of posts, but I have another question about the ATR 14, I used the indicator mentioned on the first page and got this

The atr is 3698 so how would 1/2 the atr 1849? What am I doing wrong?

Yeah. My family and I decided to take a long weekend tripā€¦ But Iā€™m back now! :smiley:

Itā€™s nice having an EA to enter the trades for me now. No more worrying about being at a computer on Sunday night! :smiley:

Youā€™re not doing anything wrongā€¦ Itā€™s your 5-digit broker thatā€™s causing the problem. Itā€™s adding an extra number on the end.

1849 means 184.9 pips.

Thanks, I couldnā€™t figure that out. Didnā€™t you use oanda as a forex broker? Last time I checked they didnā€™t have metatrader. So what broker do you use now?

did you guys get stopped out the gbp/usd?

I didnā€™t play the long this week; it looked like too much resistance to me. I carved out 40 pips on the short before I pulled out manually. Iā€™m just not ready to let this system work fully for me without watching it closelyā€¦

I will be coming out with a ā€œfinal versionā€ of the EA today.

The excat error code is:
Error Code: 4066ā€¦ requested history data in update state

What do you guys make of the Oanda high of 1.62721 for the pre-trade period, this was a fair bit higher than the IBFX high and significantly higher than the FXCM high?

I think some of you use Oanda, do you think it may be a good idea to use the high and low from the Oanda pre-trade period as it represents the true physical H/L from the broker you use? I know Oanda doesnā€™t use a H4 chart, but itā€™s still easy enough to just take the H/L from the 1hr candles from the start of the week again (2000, 2100, 2200, 2300) up until to the start of the 0000 candle.

Cheers, Johnny.

finalised the EA for GBPUSD and EUR JPY:
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/23601-sunday-breakout-strategy-99.html#post133505
http://forums.babypips.com/133505-post986.html

EURJPY strategy is different from GBPUSD strategy, a quick test reveals if I were to use EURJPY strategy for all pairs ending with JPY from 2009.01.01 til now, the gains are awesome!!

Hi phil838,

Could you ā€œverifyā€ the EAs Iā€™ve posted? And its good, then I will moved them to the indicator page where your 1st post was link to?~

Sure, but that most likely means that if E/J had performed poorly during that time, then using that strategy for all the JPY pairs would mean the losses would also be awesome.

Hi s050399b, Where is the EA posted ? Is it on the very first post where the strategy is posted ? If I click on your link, it does not go to fist pageā€¦ where it goes I donā€™t see the EA.

Can you please update me on this ?

verified that EA works in 4 or 5 digits:

• comparing values in a mt4 that has 4 digits vs that has 5 digits and got same values,

i canā€™ believe it!! hahaha!
I have posted the link in the same posting!! could you check it again?

OMG!!! I want to test it live (demo)

A noob question:
how do I run the EA I have written live (demo)?

got it after watching this:
YouTube - How To Install, Load & Run Expert Advisors & Indicators MT4

Iā€™m in the process of switching over from Oanda to IBFX, but Iā€™ve always used MT4 with an IBFX demo account for my charting. :slight_smile:

Right now I have a small IBFX account that Iā€™m using to test them out, and I have my main account at Oanda. Iā€™ll be switching everything to IBFX soon.